Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

dreamstar wrote: »
    Anyone else struggling with tiredness? Today I feel like my body is made of lead! Toddler has gone down for his two naps today and all I could do was loe down both times. Feel so guilty 'coz haven't had him out of the house at all today.

Aw don't feel guilty, sometimes it just can't be helped. I'm sure he's just as happy playing with Mammy at home. I do feel like my tiredness has returned too but I'm really trying not to nap so I might actually get some sleep at night. Are you still taking pregnacare or iron or anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Yep am with you with the tiredness and a general lack of energy. Am 37 weeks today. Every twinge and ache has me thinking “oh could this be something”. I was induced on my first so have no idea what to expect which is a bit annoying!

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    Yep am with you with the tiredness and a general lack of energy. Am 37 weeks today. Every twinge and ache has me thinking “oh could this be something”. I was induced on my first so have no idea what to expect which is a bit annoying!

Haha me too so I'm like a total newbie to all of this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Last time had a scan at 10 days over and told baby wasn't engaged and would need an induction. Water broke that evening after a session of accupuncture! No twinges, pains, niggles..nada! Wondering if will be the same this time!

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Last time had a scan at 10 days over and told baby wasn't engaged and would need an induction. Water broke that evening after a session of accupuncture! No twinges, pains, niggles..nada! Wondering if will be the same this time!

Did you have long then before Labour started? I'm panicking about EVERYTHING this week

• Advertisement

According to the midwife at my refresher ante natal class, things generally go quicker the second time round. I was like how do you judge quicker when your first was an oxytocin induction!

My drive to the hospital could vary between 30 mins to an hour and 30 mins depending on the time of day (have to love Dublin rush hours) though I’m hoping the school holidays will mean it won’t be as bad as that. I’m sure my husband will be suggesting we head in as soon as I think something is happening!

Was sent home for 24 hours to allow contractions to kick in. So Had plenty of time! Ended up in drip too to speed it up so while would like to think will be quicker this time I'm sure will still take awhile !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Gee_G wrote: »
    Anyone else struggling with tiredness? Today I feel like my body is made of lead! Toddler has gone down for his two naps today and all I could do was loe down both times. Feel so guilty 'coz haven't had him out of the house at all today.

Aw don't feel guilty, sometimes it just can't be helped. I'm sure he's just as happy playing with Mammy at home. I do feel like my tiredness has returned too but I'm really trying not to nap so I might actually get some sleep at night. Are you still taking pregnacare or iron or anything?

Yeah I'm still taking pregnacare and my iron levels were checked last week and were fine. I did do a lot yesterday so hoping I'll feel a bit better tomorrow. Sometimes staying in all day doesnt help either so will try get a stroll in the morning.

Im just 35 weeks so bit behind you guys so no twinges yet.
    I remember last time feeling crampy on and off during the day. I thought I'd eaten something dodgy. And then my waters went at 39 weeks. Was turning in the bed and felt a pop. Was the weirdest feeling! That was 5am and the pains started probably round 1pm. He wasn't born until 5pm the next day. So I'm defo hoping this is quicker! Also my piece of advice is REST UP! I didn't and couldn't cope with the pain coz was so tired. So this time I'm staying in bed at home during early labour to rest.

Oh that reminds me... I bought waterproof bedsheets for a cot the last time and put them under my bed sheets to protect my mattress in case my waters broke in bed.... they ended up breaking when I was on the loo so there was no mess made at all! Must get one of those sheets tomorrow just in case!

Oh that reminds me... I bought waterproof bedsheets for a cot the last time and put them under my bed sheets to protect my mattress in case my waters broke in bed.... they ended up breaking when I was on the loo so there was no mess made at all! Must get one of those sheets tomorrow just in case!

I actually jumped up that quick i didnt soak the bed! Amazingly. There were a few puddles to the bathroom though. Sorry TMI. 😂

• Advertisement

Bought a waterproof mattress protector in Ikea yesterday! Was thinking more of the post labour nightsweats but that's a good point about the water breaking at night!

Cakerbaker how long did they say to leave between contractions on second baby before heading to hospital? Was 5 min from holles street last time. This time we're 30 min like yourself on a good day, an hour in rush hour! I'll have no problem using the bus lane though if needs be !

quote="Cakerbaker;107293896"]According to the midwife at my refresher ante natal class, things generally go quicker the second time round. I was like how do you judge quicker when your first was an oxytocin induction!

My drive to the hospital could vary between 30 mins to an hour and 30 mins depending on the time of day (have to love Dublin rush hours) though I’m hoping the school holidays will mean it won’t be as bad as that. I’m sure my husband will be suggesting we head in as soon as I think something is happening![/quote]

Yeah Holles street is such an awkward one. I always drive up the canal but in rush hour that'll be a no-go. Takes 20 or 30 mins normally but that could turn to two hours at a bad time.

Cakerbaker how long did they say to leave between contractions on second baby before heading to hospital? Was 5 min from holles street last time. This time we're 30 min like yourself on a good day, an hour in rush hour! I'll have no problem using the bus lane though if needs be !

She said to come in at around 10 mins apart. I’m with the domino scheme so we were told to ring the community midwives when things kick off and they’ll give advice on what to do. She said it’s fairly common for baby to come 2 /3 hours after things kick off in the second pregnancy as our bodies have done it all before so not to hang around, especially if distance / traffic is an issue. She also said not to try to make the journey if you think you’ve left it too late, stay put and call an ambulance.

Omg that's mad cakerbaker!!!! 2-3 hours?!!!! Mine was so long last time I hadn't even imagined it happening that quick. Scary when you've to wait for babysitter too.

Omg that's mad cakerbaker!!!! 2-3 hours?!!!! Mine was so long last time I hadn't even imagined it happening that quick. Scary when you've to wait for babysitter too.

We’ve my in laws and sisters in law on call, they’re all local thankfully. My mam is coming up to stay with us for the time immediately around my due date too!

Whats most awkward is that my husband works in the city center, he walks past Holles st to get to and from the dart in Pearse! He’s decided to drive for the next few weeks so he can drop everything and get home if things kick off cos otherwise he could be on his way home on the dart while I’d be on my way in in my father in laws car if things started moving quickly!

Oh wow, 2 to 3 hours! That's a bit mad, would love to think it will happen that quick but I'm dubious! Better safe than sorry I suppose. My mum has a 3 to 4 hour trip up to mind my son so have a few people on standby to wait till with him till she arrives. Still stresses me out thinking about it! Suppose worst case scenario I can get a taxi in and husband can follow when he can. Not ideal but will have to go with the flow!

I think everyone sitting in the room was looking at her thinking “are you mad”. Then all the practicalities like daddy’s getting home from work, childcare, traffic etc came up! She said our bodies know what they’re doing this time, the different parts involved have been used and stretched etc before so it generally goes a lot quicker.

My friend was induced last week. Gel didn’t work so they manually broke her waters. Contractions started shortly after and Baby arrived just over an hour later. She didn’t even have time for the epidural she was fully intent on having. Now that may be a bit extreme but has me thinking I won’t be hanging around!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

Finished work today.... delighted! Seems like I'll be induced in 2 weeks at 39 weeks. I'll know more next week. Hope everyone doing ok

• Advertisement

Goldenlady wrote: »
    Finished work today.... delighted! Seems like I'll be induced in 2 weeks at 39 weeks. I'll know more next week. Hope everyone doing ok

I’d love to have an idea of timeframes. I’m a planner, I have to be organized. So the uncertainty of going into labour at some undetermined time within the next 5ish weeks is driving me mad. If I do go 2 weeks over I’ll crack up!!!

I kind of like the thoughts it could happen any time. Although I'm only 35 weeks - that's potentially almost 7 weeks I could have left. I can feel my body slowing though so think I'm getting myself ready. Actually rang in sick to work and dropped little man to my mams - just so I can rest and shower. Just exhausted these days.

I keep checking here for news. It's so exciting. Who's next......

Due Friday week but not holding out too much hope of going on time ! Heading for reflexology today and will get some accupuncture next week. Didn't try the raspberry leaf tea last time but might give it a go!

Anyone else feel like crying looking at the long range forecast ! Really can't be doing with another hot spell!!

Anyone else feel like crying looking at the long range forecast ! Really can't be doing with another hot spell!!

Had the exact same thoughts when I checked the weather this morning. Next week is going to be hell.

YES!!! I'm just praying they're wrong.

YES!!! I'm just praying they're wrong.

It just feels wrong giving out about weather that I’d normally be delighted with. The good weather is getting talked about a lot and I’m always the odd one in the conversation going no, would rather it not get hot for once!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mano79

I’d love to have an idea of timeframes. I’m a planner, I have to be organized. So the uncertainty of going into labour at some undetermined time within the next 5ish weeks is driving me mad. If I do go 2 weeks over I’ll crack up!!!

Im exactly the same Cakerbaker I love been organised and have all planned. I was induced at 39 weeks on last pregnancy and kind of like the idea again. The thoughts of sitting round wondering is every twinge the start does not fill me with any excitement. Also it would be very hand to be able to know the day I go in for childcare planning!!! Ive my next hospital appointment next Tuesday and will be quizzing them if I will be induced again.

PS This does not explain why I have no baby clothes washed or no bags packed but all that will be sorted this weekend :)

Had a hospital appointment today. All good, baby is head down (I was sure it was breech again), I was hoping they'd feel sorry for me with all my pains and offer an early induction or something haha but no.
    37 + 4 here not long left hopefully. Although like somebody said above, I think I'd flip if I went overdue!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

Our two girls Audrey & Lily arrived last week at 37wks.
    A wonderful 2.5 and 2.9 kg (5lb10 and 6lb8?). Girls are absolutely perfect and home now. They are such good feeders and sleepers so far. My husband is amazing at how he took to their care so quickly. So tender with them.

I had an awful birth and last 4months in pregnancy. Now I need some serious recovery - babies took all of my reserves to grow big. I'm a nutritional mess, lighter/skinnier than prepreg despite gaining 40lbs in pregnancy. All gone now and it's not nice at all, a long road ahead!

Advertisement