Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Huge congratulations Nottotallysurre on the arrival of your lovely girls, what beautiful names! You've really been through such a tough time, hope you will get your strength back up now and lots of rest and recovery while you enjoy all the lovely newborn cuddles!
    Take all the help you can and be good to yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Aw huge congrats NotTotallySure, well done you!
    Beautiful names and I'm glad everybody is home and doing well. You take it easy and look after yourself. Accept any help you are offered and get all your rest. Your body has been through the mill. Well done again, delighted for you x

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

Thanks so much. It's a relief to have us all home, just stressful trying to put in place a routine...I know it's early days!

We are accepting any and all offers - a friend offered to come help with the feed/change this evening. She can do one baby, I do the other, and he can get a 3hr sleep before taking on the night shift. We took less than 5 seconds to say Yes See You At xPM!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Oh massive congratulations Nottotallysure. These early days are hectic enough with one - never mind two. Don't worry too much about routine and go with the flow. Look after yourself!!!
    Your girls are finally here!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Congratulations Nottotallysure. You must be delighted to be home. Definitely take all the help you can, I plan on doing that and I’m only having one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 smr85

Congrats NotTotallySure! They were a great weight, glad all is well and they're home.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Wonderful, wonderful news! So lovely to hear of your safe arrivals NotTotallySure. You crushed it!

Sounds like you're doing everything right... Take all that help, rest as much as humanly possible and eat all round you! Great news. Hang in there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Congratulations nottotallysure!! Delighted for you and great weights x

Was with the midwife yesterday. All good. Head is engaged which is great.... except I now need to pee every 5 mins! Thought it was bad before this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

Congrats NotTotallySure that's great news. Look after yourself now & enjoy the girls x

• Advertisement

Sounds like you're doing everything right... Take all that help, rest as much as humanly possible and eat all round you! Great news. Hang in there!

You should see the amount of protein shakes I was given on prescription by the hospital.

In other news - Post Partum Night Sweats... Ugh.
    Absolutely soaked through even the pillow. A preview of the menopause perhaps.

Seeing my GP on Monday for a checkup for my own health . Then a mother & baby two wk check the wk after perhaps.

So.... Post partum night sweats. They're about as much fun as you'd expect!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Apparently it's the hormone levels righting themselves... I've not been through it but my temperature in general has dropped this pregnancy so I'm expecting horrors as my temperature goes back up in the July heat. Two fans, water spray, cold flannels... That's my plan!

Remember them well! Was winter and would wake up freezing and soaked! Have a waterproof mattress protector ready for this time! Not pleasant but didn't last too long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

The sweats are the worst. Forgot all about then until it hit me! Seem to be out the other side now 3 weeks old on Monday.

I never got the sweats first time round. But I'm already struggling to keep the house cool so I imagine this time will be a nightmare. Need more fans.

Hope everyone feeling well. I'm 36 weeks on Monday so still a possibility of 6 weeks left!!!!!! Really hoping I go early again.

So I went to bed last night 100% sure I was in labour.... I'm still in bed!! Still have pains but nothing consistent.

Oh my gosh Gee-G this could be the start of it. My advice would be rest up as much as possible and eat well.
    Hope you're feeling ok.

dreamstar wrote: »
    Oh my gosh Gee-G this could be the start of it. My advice would be rest up as much as possible and eat well.
    Hope you're feeling ok.

Yeah I'm hoping it is. Without going into tmi, all the "signs" appeared yesterday and the pains came on after that then!! Here's hoping....don't think I'm able for 2 (possibly 3.5) more weeks of this!!!

Good luck! I’ll be honest and say I’m a bit jealous. Really don’t fancy waiting the 2 weeks to my due date.

• Advertisement

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    Good luck! I’ll be honest and say I’m a bit jealous. Really don’t fancy waiting the 2 weeks to my due date.

Don't be jealous yet....nothing today. Am in agony everywhere but no actual "pains" as such so could be waiting a while. Ah well. We don't have too long left ladies. Hope everybody is coping ok with the heat

So exciting Gee G and I'm very very jealous! Nothing stirring here with 5 days to go. Am facing another overdue baby I reckon! Best of luck !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 StellaWu

Our two girls Audrey & Lily arrived last week at 37wks.
    A wonderful 2.5 and 2.9 kg (5lb10 and 6lb8?). Girls are absolutely perfect and home now. They are such good feeders and sleepers so far. My husband is amazing at how he took to their care so quickly. So tender with them.

I had an awful birth and last 4months in pregnancy. Now I need some serious recovery - babies took all of my reserves to grow big. I'm a nutritional mess, lighter/skinnier than prepreg despite gaining 40lbs in pregnancy. All gone now and it's not nice at all, a long road ahead!

Congratulations! :) Wonderful news that your beautiful girls have arrived safe and sound. :) I love the names and am so glad to hear that your getting lots of loving support. xx

I'm still here!!!
    Strange/ quite sore pains all day again, I have had what I feel like are building contractions but nothing consistent enough at all. Ah well....another sleepless night I suppose!! I think this is frustrating me more than having nothing at all.

Gee_G wrote: »
    I'm still here!!!
    Strange/ quite sore pains all day again, I have had what I feel like are building contractions but nothing consistent enough at all. Ah well....another sleepless night I suppose!! I think this is frustrating me more than having nothing at all.
    Hang in there.
    All really good signs things are moving. Did you sleep?

dreamstar wrote: »
    Hang in there.
    All really good signs things are moving. Did you sleep?

No, not really. But then again I haven't slept properly in weeks. I can't wait to look forward to going to bed again in a few weeks haha.
    How is everybody else?

Hope it's the start of something Gee G! Lots of bouncing on the ball today and up and down the stairs!
    Blew up ball last night but so far just using it as a footstool while I drink tea, eat and watch a place in the sun!!

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Hope it's the start of something Gee G! Lots of bouncing on the ball today and up and down the stairs!
    Blew up ball last night but so far just using it as a footstool while I drink tea, eat and watch a place in the sun!!

Hahaha comfort is key annoyedgal

annoyedgal wrote: »

Mine has been acting as a footstool for the last month. Sit on it the odd time when my husband is the room to justify the space is taking up in the sitting room!!!

• Advertisement

Ha Ha! They make a great footstool to be fair!

Advertisement