Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

My little guy loves playing with my ball! I do a yoga class with it every Thursday and I think I'm definitely going to do this every evening myself. Still NEVER have!

So glad today is a bit cloudy. Actually got out for a stroll this morning. But I find when I'm walking sometimes I get kicks in the bladder and it's so effing sore. Was in the shop and a lady thought I was in labour. Haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 StellaWu

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    Mine has been acting as a footstool for the last month. Sit on it the odd time when my husband is the room to justify the space is taking up in the sitting room!!!

OMG, this is exactly what I have been doing too!!!!:) used it for the first time tonight cos I thought I should rather than just out of guilt!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

How is everyone holding up in the heat ? I've been getting early morning walks in, then hiding from the sun for the day! Little guy is so cranky from it, after creche he is a demon!
    So so thankful for the sea breeze right now! Can only imagine the heat in the hospitals right now!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I think everybody is getting cranky from it, we're just not used to it. At least going away on a sun holiday you don't have to do anything and have a look to dip in to to cool down!!
    I'm struggling to keep my little fella inside but it is just too hot in the afternoons for him...and me.

I bought myself a little hand held fan for my hospital bag. Now it wouldn't exactly blow you away or anything but it's a nice little breeze. Don't know if anything will counteract the heat in the hospital for us though girls!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Came into Dublin today to meet my colleagues for lunch seeing as I ended up finishing early on sick leave. It’s so much worse in the city center, it’s like the buildings are radiating heat! Am going to run into Dunnes to get one of their maternity/ feeding night dresses for hospital as I think they’re the lightest things I’ve seen. I really really hope I’ve no complications and am able to leave after 6/8 hours. Holles st was too hot when I had my son and he was a feb baby, god knows what it’s like at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

I'm in tomor for my section so will be in for a few days ... bought a small fan in the hope it might help... will the heat be terrible in the hosp??? I've no clue

Mondo123 wrote: »
    I'm in tomor for my section so will be in for a few days ... bought a small fan in the hope it might help... will the heat be terrible in the hosp??? I've no clue

Best of luck with it all!
    Yes the heat id say will be bad in the hospital, but then I find it bad in there on a normal day!! But the fan will help. Maybe get yourself a facial mist spray or something like that and lots of water.

Best of luck tomorrow Mondo123! You'll be done and dusted in no time !

Good luck today Mondo! Enjoy every second of meeting your little one!

I had my last baby in February so didn't find the hospital too warm. Will be a different story this time I reckon. I picked up some nursing string tops in h&m and got some light shorts for in hospital. Although last time I had to wear those annoying compression socks that go to your knee. I'll be roasted wearing them!!!

• Advertisement

I’m all aches and pains but think it’s just from the heat / doing too much.

Is anyone else panicking about names? We’ve 2 girls ones that were happy with but just can’t find a boys name that we can agree on that hasn’t been used by close friends or family or that doesn’t sound similar to our sons name! We are trying to stick to Irish names but may have to give up on that though don’t know if we’ll have much luck even then!

So our little man arrived this morning!
    He wasn't hanging around, came into hospital at 4am after my waters broke and was told I wasn't in Labour as such. Went down to delivery suite to be checked just before 8 and was told I was fully dilated and babs was born just before 9!!!

Gee_G wrote: »
    So our little man arrived this morning!
    He wasn't hanging around, came into hospital at 4am after my waters broke and was told I wasn't in Labour as such. Went down to delivery suite to be checked just before 8 and was told I was fully dilated and babs was born just before 9!!!

Congratulations!!! Lord that was quick!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Absolutely wonderful news! :) Congratulations! Delighted to hear we have another July baby with us. Well done Gee_G!

Fantastic news Gee G! Sounds like was pretty quick too, how wonderful. Huge congrats and enjoy your little man!

Thank you All! I'll look forward to hearing all of your news!

Word of advice, buy table top fans and bring them with you for your locker. Everybody was semding husband's/partners out of here today to buy them. Heat is unbearable during the day with the big windows!

Oh gee-G that's amazing!!! Congratulations.
    Hope you're feeling ok.

Cakerbaker we were the same and also wanted Irish names. Still have the same girls name from our first but couldn't decide boys. I got to pick our first sons name so hubby insisting he gets to pick this one. We'll see......

I'm starting to find the heat unbearable. Really hope it cools soon!

When are you getting out Gee G? So envious right now! Due today and not as much as a niggle. Have turned into an antichrist overnight, forgot how tough this part is.....

annoyedgal wrote: »
    When are you getting out Gee G? So envious right now! Due today and not as much as a niggle. Have turned into an antichrist overnight, forgot how tough this part is.....

Getting out today @annoyedgal.theyre happy with both of us so just waiting on discharge papers and a few bits.
    Hopefully things get moving for you soon. Try and relax. I was advised of this by a midwife last week. It makes a lot of sense but she said basically how is your body supposed to go into labour if you're stressed a d tense about it going into (or not going into) labour. Have you tried reflexology or any alternative therapies like that?

Which hospital are you in Gee-G? That's great you are getting home so quick! I really hope I'm the same.
    How was the birth? Did you have any pain relief?
    Sorry for all the questions - just wondering can you still get out quick after epidural.

• Advertisement

Gee_G wrote: »
    Thank you All! I'll look forward to hearing all of your news!

Word of advice, buy table top fans and bring them with you for your locker. Everybody was semding husband's/partners out of here today to buy them. Heat is unbearable during the day with the big windows!

That's so funny coz my friend had a checkup in the Coombe the other day and she said the amount of men arriving in with fans was hilarious.
    Is it really that bad? Dreading that!:(

dreamstar wrote: »
    Which hospital are you in Gee-G? That's great you are getting home so quick! I really hope I'm the same.
    How was the birth? Did you have any pain relief?
    Sorry for all the questions - just wondering can you still get out quick after epidural.

No epidural, just gas and air...didnt have time!!

Birth was ok, very fast but it was fine and he arrived safely which is all that matters. I think once they're happy with you and the baby they'd let you home the day after, maybe two, with epidural.

Hey ladies. At 37+3 today. I'm being examined on Tuesday for induction due to the diabetes so fingers crossed Baba will arrive some day next week. :)

I had reflexology yesterday and it was *wonderful*. I'd really recommend it. I felt so light and relaxed afterwards. I'd recommend it for new mums too, it's so refreshing. I was contracting the whole time so it was definitely effective. I've another appointment on Monday so I'm hopeful it will be getting me ready for Tuesday, bonus if it kicked labour off too. :)

Struggling to sleep at night with the heat but otherwise quite enjoying the weather. Trying hard to stay chilled and relaxed. A good piece of advice I received is that if you anticipate a difficult labour or are constantly stressed - you'll have one. The reason for this is that your body is filled with adrenaline (which contributes to flight or fight mode with a stiff and tense body) rather than oxytocin, which keeps you loose and relaxed. So I'm working on keeping that adrenaline at bay and the oxytocin flowing. :)

Hang in there everyone!

Wow fair play to you Gee-G. Hope you get home asap.
    Enjoy the trip home - I always think that's so special. Although on my first we did a detour through the McDonalds Drive Thru. I'd been in for 5 days and was in bad need of a burger!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Congrats gee-ge hope yourself and your little boy are doing good :) how was the hospital experience?

How is everyone else (today)? The sun is hiding behind clouds which I'm so grateful for. The couch is the only place barable to sleep and be cool at the mo. Thought I was off to a great start yesterday with back pain and stomach tightenings every 15mins with nausea most of the day until I took a nap and woke up and all was disappeared :(

What's the craic with induction again? When you go to the routine clinic does the consultion give you an admission date or do they keep you in there and then..

What's the craic with induction again? When you go to the routine clinic does the consultion give you an admission date or do they keep you in there and then..

It's all on a case by case basis. Have you been told you'll be induced? I have, so on Tuesday they'll check to see if my body looks ready to go and then I'll be given a date to come back for the induction

Can proper feel my body on a go slow the last few days. It's so frustrating not being physically able to do the smallest things. The heat and a teething non sleeping toddler don't help either.
    Hope the rest of you ladies are feeling well. Xxx

I bawled crying 3 times today. The heat is killing me, I’m wrecked and am frustrated coz I just can’t manage to do anything. the state of the house is driving me mad but my husband is up the walls in work so he can take time off when I have the baby, is trying to entertain our cranky toddler who seems to have been turned into a demon by the heat and is doing loads around the house already so I can’t really ask him to do more. I’m just so ready to have this baby though I know that’ll bring a whole other load of problems / lack of sleep etc. 9 days to D day. I better not go over!!!

Feel your pain cakerbaker. Put on an hour of cartoons today for toddler so and tried to nap with one eye open beside him on couch. Felt so bad as so sunny but just can't face the heat.
    Am like a walking demon mood wise. Parents coming to visit tom and worries I'll snap at them am so pissed off!
    Plus getting the 'any movement ' texts since due date came and went yesterday..... driving me nuts!!!! No there's no bloody movement and I won't be texting back when there is...ahhhhh
    ...rant over. Sorry the heat is sending me a bit loco!!

• Advertisement

The amount of people telling me I’m lucky to be off so I can enjoy the good weather! I’d say the look on my face is some sight as I explain to them that I spend most of my day hiding the the house with the curtains closed trying to keep as cool as possible! The only people who seem to get it are those who’ve had summer babies!

Advertisement