Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭shakencat

My little girl was born in April, we're in hiding too!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

shakencat wrote: »
    My little girl was born in April, we're in hiding too!!!

It must be tough trying to figure out how to manage with a small baby. it’ll be impossible to know what to put on them, things like that. My first was a winter baby so it was fairly straight forward as I just had to wrap him up from the cold!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Oh guys these days are so tough. Cakerbaker I totally get it. There are days I'm looking out the window praying hubby will be home to take over. I'm finding it hard to get the house and clothes etc sorted. It's just a different story when you've another child too.
    Is there someone who could give you a hand? Take toddler for a bit so you can rest?
    I think I'm going to get a cleaner in once a week for when baby is here. My sis in law did it and said it saved her sanity- and her relationship!
    I'm not due for another 3 weeks. Don't know how I'll cope if it doesn't cool down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

dreamstar wrote: »
    Oh guys these days are so tough. Cakerbaker I totally get it. There are days I'm looking out the window praying hubby will be home to take over. I'm finding it hard to get the house and clothes etc sorted. It's just a different story when you've another child too.
    Is there someone who could give you a hand? Take toddler for a bit so you can rest?
    I think I'm going to get a cleaner in once a week for when baby is here. My sis in law did it and said it saved her sanity- and her relationship!
    I'm not due for another 3 weeks. Don't know how I'll cope if it doesn't cool down.

He’s in crèche 3 days a week so those days aren’t too bad. It’s the start of the week though so am looking forward to tomorrow!!!. My mam is arriving tomorrow too for a while so she’ll be presented with a list of things to do when she comes!!!

I normally do have a cleaner who comes once a fortnight, it’s a sanity saver, but she’s gone back to her home country for 2 months with the kids. I nearly cried when she told me she was going! She’ll be back at the end of July. Am literally counting down the days!!! It’s a lifesaver when working but it’ll be invaluable with the baby!

Ah a girl needs her mammy during these tough days. Hope you get a good rest!
    Yeah I was against the whole cleaner thing for so long - don't know why. But now I'm just physically not able for it.

• Advertisement

shes in like dresses with no vests, but at night shes just in a nappy, some times i wake to see if shes ok and shes sticky, theres so little i can do!!

Best of luck to all you ladies :)

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    The amount of people telling me I’m lucky to be off so I can enjoy the good weather! I’d say the look on my face is some sight as I explain to them that I spend most of my day hiding the the house with the curtains closed trying to keep as cool as possible! The only people who seem to get it are those who’ve had summer babies!

We've only gone out once in it, to a GP checkup.
    So far we're hiding behind pulled curtains to keep the sun out, windows open (but trying to avoid a draught), fan on to cool the bedroom. And trying to decide if a vest is too much or too little to only wear at different times of day.

The idea I'd be sitting outside in the park having ice cream is a mystery :-)
    Although myself and my husband had a Cornetto in our own garden after dark the other night. The only moment we got in the day to ourselves between twin feeds, bottles and laundry (great drying out, lol)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Ah that's brilliant nottotallysure, I bet you enjoyed that cornetto!! Hope your feeling a bit better after the last few weeks. take my hat off to you looking after twins!! Honestly don't know how you do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

Being induced tomorrow.... nervous and excited ! 39 weeks today... between the innohep & gestational diabetes they decided its bed! Our little bundle will be here this week...
    Any advise for inductions??

Oh that's great news. No advice other than stay excited. They'll look after you so well so just trust them and yourself! Very exciting few days ahead.
    I think it's great you have in your head baby will be here this week. A friend of mine went in expecting induction to work immediately and this stressed her out. So stay thinking posotive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mano79

Goldenlady wrote: »
    Being induced tomorrow.... nervous and excited ! 39 weeks today... between the innohep & gestational diabetes they decided its bed! Our little bundle will be here this week...

Had induction on last baby at 39 weeks due to innohep and it worked great. Got the propess in at around 11pm ish and was in labour by midnight/1am. Baby was born at lunch time. I did need an epidural tho as the pains were so full on and intense. Best of luck tomorrow.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

H&M longsleeved vests and little bottoms with feet on them here (7 weeks). We are very close to the sea and the breeze can be cool, especially in the evenings so I don't want to chance leaving him in short sleeves.Night time is just nappy and a babygrow.
    I've had this with all my babies, it's a total pain.Never mind breastfeeding in this heat, talk about swear!Especially at night!

I'm super excited... and happier that its all controlled now! Can't wait to meet our little man.

quote="mano79;107421275"]Had induction on last baby at 39 weeks due to innohep and it worked great. Got the propess in at around 11pm ish and was in labour by midnight/1am. Baby was born at lunch time. I did need an epidural tho as the pains were so full on and intense. Best of luck tomorrow.[/quote]

mano79 wrote: »

Had induction on last baby at 39 weeks due to innohep and it worked great. Got the propess in at around 11pm ish and was in labour by midnight/1am. Baby was born at lunch time. I did need an epidural tho as the pains were so full on and intense. Best of luck tomorrow.

Can I ask why they induced on innohep? Only asking coz I'm on it too and induction hasn't been mentioned at all.

mano79 wrote: »

Can I ask why they induced on innohep? Only asking coz I'm on it too and induction hasn't been mentioned at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 StellaWu

Gee_G wrote: »
    So our little man arrived this morning!
    He wasn't hanging around, came into hospital at 4am after my waters broke and was told I wasn't in Labour as such. Went down to delivery suite to be checked just before 8 and was told I was fully dilated and babs was born just before 9!!!

Congratulations!!! Hope you've had an amazing few days getting to know each other :)

Good Luck!!!

Belated Hospital bag advice please!

Our washing machine broke and just got new one. I'm already 36+3 so trying to get bag done asap :p

They say to put each baby outfit into a ziplock bag and label it so you know if it's newborn or 0-3 months. Does that mean just a vest and long sleeved baby grow in each, or do I need to have hat and mittens and cardigan in each too?

Thanks ðŸ™ðŸ½

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

StellaWu wrote: »

Our washing machine broke and just got new one. I'm already 36+3 so trying to get bag done asap :p

They say to put each baby outfit into a ziplock bag and label it so you know if it's newborn or 0-3 months. Does that mean just a vest and long sleeved baby grow in each, or do I need to have hat and mittens and cardigan in each too?

Thanks ðŸ™ðŸ½

Thanks so much!
    Yes, having a great few days finding our feet with a baby in this house again but it's all good!!

The only Ziploc bag/separate little bag I had was my stuff for the Labour ward. But for handiness if you want to separate them all just put a vest and babygro in each. If this heat holds up you won't need hat's or mittens or possibly not even babygros haha.

I had lunch bags with a baby grow and a nappy (about 12 of them!!)
    Used all the nappies in them. So easy to find when routing through all your luggage!!

• Advertisement

Best of luck today Goldenlady, you'll be done and dusted in no time!!

quote="Goldenlady;107420510"]Being induced tomorrow.... nervous and excited ! 39 weeks today... between the innohep & gestational diabetes they decided its bed! Our little bundle will be here this week...
    Any advise for inductions??[/quote]

Thanks so much, its getting real now! I've fierce pressure pains below so this little lad might just be ready to hatch! Tick tock...

quote="annoyedgal;107427256"]Best of luck today Goldenlady, you'll be done and dusted in no time!!

quote="Goldenlady;107420510"]Being induced tomorrow.... nervous and excited ! 39 weeks today... between the innohep & gestational diabetes they decided its bed! Our little bundle will be here this week...
    Any advise for inductions??[/quote][/quote]

The innohep needs to be 24 hours out of your system if you want an epidural so it needs to be controlled. I'd say maybe ask them next time you are in.... it was worrying me slightly as i wanted the choice so im happy to have the induction & control.

quote="dreamstar;107422213"]Can I ask why they induced on innohep? Only asking coz I'm on it too and induction hasn't been mentioned at all.[/quote]

The innohep needs to be 24 hours out of your system if you want an epidural so it needs to be controlled. I'd say maybe ask them next time you are in.... it was worrying me slightly as i wanted the choice so im happy to have the induction & control.

quote="dreamstar;107422213"]Can I ask why they induced on innohep? Only asking coz I'm on it too and induction hasn't been mentioned at all.
    [/QUOTE]

Oh right - I was told it was 12 hours. I'm in today anyway so might have a chat with them. There was no talk of induction last time either and thankfully all went ok and I still had epidural.

Anyone getting those Braxton Hicks pains? I was up half the night with them last night. At one stage I didn't know if I was going to be sick or not. But that could have been the heat. Hopefully it's a sign that things are at least starting to happen.

Thanks ðŸ™ðŸ½

I just put the first outfit in a ziplock bag and one more in the big hospital bag. I put in a vest, babygro, nappy and hat and mittens (though I doubt I'll need them with the heat). I'm just bringing two cardigans in the bag though again I doubt I'll even need them except for going home.

Thanks so much, its getting real now! I've fierce pressure pains below so this little lad might just be ready to hatch! Tick tock...

QUOTE]

Very exciting! Good luck!!!!

dreamstar wrote: »

So that it can be out of the system for any possible epidural or c section. They are in control once they know that.
    I was induced on last baby but have different consultant this time and she’s not mentioned it at all. I had to bring it up with her and she said she said we will see at next appointment

Thanks ðŸ™ðŸ½

I put a vest nappy baby grow in every bag. You don’t go through as many hats and mittens and I don’t even have a cardi for this time of year.

Had a hospital check up today. Couldn't believe it was in and out in 24 mins! Yes I timed it. So baby is head down and engaged and all thankfully looking fine. Also had a chat about the innohep but they said no need to induce I just have to stop taking it if I feel in any way labour starting. So all great thankfully!

• Advertisement

Ah that's great Dreamstar! Can't believe you were in and out so fast too!
    41 weeks here now and pretty much resigned to waiting until Wednesday for induction. The 14 day policy in holles street feels like pure torture at the moment.
    Tried accupuncture yesterday and no luck yet. Had a really hot curry last night and up all night with indigestion!
    Letting it go now and going to just focus on Wednesday as new due date and stop stressing !
    If ever go again I'm adding 2 weeks onto due date and sticking with It!
    Hope all went well for you yesterday goldenlady.

Advertisement