Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5 emmaor18

Hi All,

Congrats on all the July Babies i am still waiting here at 41+4 have a scan tomorrow, is it standard in Holles Street to book in for induction two days later so hopefully Friday?

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

emmaor18 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Congrats on all the July Babies i am still waiting here at 41+4 have a scan tomorrow, is it standard in Holles Street to book in for induction two days later so hopefully Friday?

thanks

My understanding is they won’t let you go over 2 weeks past your due date (40 plus 14 is how the midwives have said it to me) so if you’re 41+4 now it probably would be Friday. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 emmaor18

Thanks Cakebaker I am hoping its Friday good luck to you too :D

Had a happy healthy baby girl on Thursday evening. What I thought were a few cramps turned out to be labour which I only realized when my waters broke. Mad rush into hospital and she was born 90 mins later! As it was late I stayed the night but got home around lunchtime yesterday. Alls going well except for the lack of sleep. I know it’s totally normal but it’s still tough going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Ah amazing news cakerbaker and what a quick labour! That's so great you went yourself in the end. It's mad how you forget how tough those overdue days were when you hold your little bundle. Big congrats and enjoy the cuddles!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Aw massive congratulations cakerbaker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Huge Congrats Cakerbaker! Great news xx

• Registered Users Posts: 39 StellaWu

Congratulations Cakerbaker, that is lovely news!!! Delighted for you xx

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

Ah massive congrats caretaker, great news.

So I've reached my due date. Don't feel anything yet. It's such unknown territory as I went early first time. Trying to just rest up and enjoy time with my little guy but I'm just so ready for baby. Plus I'm sick of all the texts. Really hoping I don't end up being induced.

• Advertisement

Am I the only one still waiting?
    Hope you're all enjoying baby snuggles.
    I'm 40+4. Had sweep the other day but nothing so far.

Good luck dreamstar! Hopefully you won’t be waiting too much longer. Sleep as much as you can before things kick off!!! I miss sleep!!!

My bubs has been diagnosed with a tongue tie! Am waiting to see how things go for the next week with feeding before deciding whether or not to get it snipped. Other than that alls going great really.

Aw that's great cakerbaker. It's funny - I know what's ahead of me with lack of sleep but this pregnancy insomnia is driving me mad. That and a teething toddler. But I am resting up as much as I can.
    Can I ask how the tongue tie was spotted? My last didn't have it but it's so common I want to be sure it's checked asap.

The tongue tie was a combination of things, things started off more painful than with my son, my nipple was shaped like the top of a lipstick after a feed and I had blisters. I was on the domino scheme so had midwives call to the house for 5 days. 2 of them said it looked like she had one. There’s a weekly bf support group in my local health center and a qualified lactation consultant attends every second week so I went yesterday and thankfully she was there and she did an assessment. It’s not affecting her feeding thankfully so I just need to be a bit more careful with latching and things like that.

Aw I hope things get a bit easier for you. Good that you know to be more careful. The first few weeks are so painful anyway so i can't imagine that pain. Lots of multi mams when you can.

dreamstar wrote: »

How are you doing? I am still waiting too, I am 39+6 today and they offered me a sweep in the coombe. seems that I am "ripe" (such a strange word!) so will wait and see what the week brings in case I go myself.

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    The tongue tie was a combination of things, things started off more painful than with my son, my nipple was shaped like the top of a lipstick after a feed and I had blisters. I was on the domino scheme so had midwives call to the house for 5 days. 2 of them said it looked like she had one. There’s a weekly bf support group in my local health center and a qualified lactation consultant attends every second week so I went yesterday and thankfully she was there and she did an assessment. It’s not affecting her feeding thankfully so I just need to be a bit more careful with latching and things like that.

How you feel better soon, great that they were able to spot it

StellaWu wrote: »

How are you doing? I am still waiting too, I am 39+6 today and they offered me a sweep in the coombe. seems that I am "ripe" (such a strange word!) so will wait and see what the week brings in case I go myself.
    Oh I'm glad I'm not the only one! I'm feeling grand. It's just the heat that's killing me. How you doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 smr85

39+3 here, I have a feeling I've an August baby on my hands. He's still a bit high up so doubt I'll see any movement soon. In on Monday for a check-up so assume I'll get an internal and see if there's anything happening. Been trying everything to get things going as I was booked for induction on Monday but I cancelled it as I want to try and go on my own.

Hope all the July babies are doing well and the mamas in waiting are hanging in there!

• Advertisement

Alls going well here. Not doing much to be honest, am enjoying taking it easy and having cuddles on the couch. She’s piling on the weight which makes the constant feeding feel worthwhile! Have the 2 week check tomorrow. My son isn’t in crèche tomorrow and my husband is gone back to work so it’ll be the first full day with the 2 of them on my own. It’ll either make or break me!!!

It’s funny, I’ve completely forgotten the hell of the last few weeks of my pregnancy. It’s like once baby arrives the bad memories just disappear!!!

So true cakerbaker! The 12 days of being overdue torture are a distant bad memory! Great your lady is doing well. Hopefully tomorrow will go well with the two smallies. Have you a sling? I rented one at a sling library and its been amazing. She sleeps great in it and am hands free for looking after my little lad.
    Still feel he's been neglected a bit though, mammy guilt is a terrible thing!

I’m waiting on my SIL to get her sling back from a friend so I can use it! I do think it’ll make life a lot easier. I’m finding it hard to get anything much done though at the same time I figure they’re only tiny for a short time so cleaning etc can wait!

My little one is pretty much refusing to sleep in her crib and will not sleep on her back! The amount of time I spend waiting for her to go into a deep sleep followed by gently trying to move her to the crib is ridiculous. And then 2 mins later you hear her moving around and she’s awake! Have pretty much resigned myself to bedsharing again!

I am being brought in for induction tomorrow morning. Not going to lie I'm very disappointed coz really wanted to go myself. Still hoping I'll miraculously start tonight after having second sweep today. But I just have to go with the flow.

Was very emotional doing bedtime routi e with number 1 tonight. Our last night as a threesome. I'm just a bag of emotion.

I am being brought in for induction tomorrow morning. Not going to lie I'm very disappointed coz really wanted to go myself. Still hoping I'll miraculously start tonight after having second sweep today. But I just have to go with the flow.

Was very emotional doing bedtime routi e with number 1 tonight. Our last night as a threesome. I'm just a bag of emotion.

Best of luck tomorrow. Hopefully you’ll only need minimal intervention if it does end up necessary. Know what you mean about the emotions, I was having contractions a few mins apart after my waters broke and I ran up to read my little guy a bedtime story before heading for the hospital. Was mad looking back but it made perfect sense at the time!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

My baby has colic so I'm struggling guys. Hoping this phase passes soon.

Best of lock Dreamstar you'll be fine! Despite water breaking i was induced with the drip and honestly it was fine. Had it on my son too and had an epidural that time and it was a breeze!
    You'll be holding your baby in no time!
    Sorry to hear about the colic mystery egg thats very tough.
    Bedsharing here again cakerbaker as my lady pulls the exact same stunt with her cot.....

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

Best of luck Im sure it will be fine! Your little bundle will be here soon yayyyyyyy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Best of luck dreamstar!! Very exciting.

Awsorry to hear about the colic. I'd say that's extremely tough going! My little man has reflux. Never a dull moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

They wife had a boy a few weeks back. Everything went perfect. Waters broke at breakfast time and born at tea time. Just gas and air for her and a strong cup of sugary tea for me after it all!! Her yoga breathing helped so much she said. The pair of them are flying. I'd followed this thread so thought I'd lash it in here for completeness sake...

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Holles st not too bad Dreamstar. Unit 3 seemed to have air con. Post natal ward okay.
    Delivery room was tough as had to close windows before baby came but had a fan at least! It's manageable so don't worry if your for here !

We were in Holles Street and maybe we were in a different part but the delivery room was ultra modern and totally air conditioned. Yes they closed the window near the big moment but we both found it totally fine. This was early July in the thick of the heat.

Advertisement