Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Hey missy t congrats on your boy!! I've the same problem with day naps. Would you try a sling to free yourself up? I have a loan of one from a sling library and my girl sleeps great in it.
    Going to buy one now as has been a life saver a few times!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 StellaWu

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Hey missy t congrats on your boy!! I've the same problem with day naps. Would you try a sling to free yourself up? I have a loan of one from a sling library and my girl sleeps great in it.
    Going to buy one now as has been a life saver a few times!

That's so good to hear! We got a baby Björn so will try that as we are in the same boat here. He'll only go down, the rare times he does after bottle of formula. We wanted to solely BF and use expressed milk at night (I'm
    Epileptic so husband does night feeds & midwives took him and formula fed at night )
    But nothing seems to fill him!! He's only 10 days but he seems to never stop eating!!!

The first few weeks are tough alright, i feel like I'm feeding around the clock! 5 weeks now and have noticed a stretch between feeds and remember from last time the constant feeding phase does pass!
    So hard though, esp when tired already. That said i don't want to wish away the newborn phase! It's so short and so lovely despite the sleep deprivation!

Hi Folks, how are ye getting on?

Was wondering what nappies
    People are using? My little guy is just over the 4kg/ 8lbs6 and we are getting a lot of leaks! Which means at night he's wide awake with the wet and then changing his clothes wakes him up even more :(

Tried Lidl and pampers. Is there anything else I should be trying? Thanks a Mill!!

Hey stella, what size are you using? Lots of leaks can mean time to go up a size. We're on size 2 here but just bought a pack of 3 today as she's not long off the 12 lbs mark.
    Big fan of mamia nappies from aldi here! Tried them all and like these the best. Tesco are okay too. Find pampers a very narrow fit so doesn't suit my lot!

StellaWu wrote: »

People are using? My little guy is just over the 4kg/ 8lbs6 and we are getting a lot of leaks! Which means at night he's wide awake with the wet and then changing his clothes wakes him up even more :(

Tried Lidl and pampers. Is there anything else I should be trying? Thanks a Mill!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

StellaWu wrote: »

Aldi are good too. We're still on Pampers, butvi remember having to change brands with my first son as when he was growing and changing shape etc different nappies did nt suit.
    I presume you know to direct the winky downward facing as to the side causes all sorts of probs haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

We're using pampers here too but aldi ones are good. Make sure the vest isn't too small. That could cause them to leak.

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Hey stella, what size are you using? Lots of leaks can mean time to go up a size. We're on size 2 here but just bought a pack of 3 today as she's not long off the 12 lbs mark.
    Big fan of mamia nappies from aldi here! Tried them all and like these the best. Tesco are okay too. Find pampers a very narrow fit so doesn't suit my lot!

Thanks for that, clearly a first timer here never heard that before! We bought a pack of size two's by accident so can try that right away!! Thanks a Mill!

dreamstar wrote: »
    We're using pampers here too but aldi ones are good. Make sure the vest isn't too small. That could cause them to leak.

Good to know!
    We were thinking the newborn stuff was starting to look a bit small, sowill give that a go, thanks a Mill!

Gee_G wrote: »
    Aldi are good too. We're still on Pampers, butvi remember having to change brands with my first son as when he was growing and changing shape etc different nappies did nt suit.
    I presume you know to direct the winky downward facing as to the side causes all sorts of probs haha.

Oh god yes! And to
    Cover it as soon as you open the nappy! We had a number of incidents before we even left the coombe :P everyone else in the ward had little girls......I was mortified having to ask for another change of sheets.....

• Advertisement

My girl also likes to pee and worse when the nappy is off!!!! Thought was just a boy thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

We've had nappy explosions here, they really know how to coat themselves in it!

My husband got taken by surprise yesterday- he opened a wet nappy and suddenly she had a forceful poo explosion...onto the changing mat, rug, shoes, his mum's blouse ...

We're already in size 2 nappies at 11wks old. Looking like we'll need to go up a size again very soon.

Yes we're also in size 2s. Sorry, meant to mention that!
    Speaking off accidents, we had a major two man job dirty nappy the other day. We were staying in a hotel for a few nights and we were busy trying to not get it on the bed clothes. Completely forgot about covering his winky and he peed everywhere and it actually came back up and all onto his face. I thought my 6 year old was going to get sick from laughing!!!

Hey guys, hope all the july babies and parents are doing great. My girl was diagnosed with mild hip dysplasia yesterday at an ultrasound in holles st. Wasn't picked up beforehand, was a routine check as i had it as a baby.
    Still wasn't expecting it and so gutted at the thoughts of her wearing a harness. Trying to keep perspective as i know its minor and treatable.
    Otherwise she's doing great and is giving lovely smiles and coos!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Oh that sounds like it’ll be tough going. Any idea how long she’ll be in it?

My little girl was diagnosed with bronchiolotis (think that’s spelt right) in Crumlin a&e yesterday. Was our second referral in there thanks to her breathing. Shes exposed to so much more than my first cos god knows what he’s bringing home from crèche. Just have to keep an eye on her and make sure she’s feeding plenty.

So stressful when they're unwell cakerbaker. Hope she'll bouce back quickly and great you got her checked for peace of mind.
    Was thinking the same about my lad in creche... a walking germ !
    Think harness can be on any time from 6 weeks to 6 months. She's on mild side so hoping its only weeks. Didn't ask enough as was taken aback and was ushered out of there pretty quickly too.
    The mum before was ushered out too in tears into the hall! I know they are busy but an information leaflet and bit of kindness would go a long way!

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

Guys, my little fella had his 2 months vaccines today he is so off form the poor thing. He's had 2 Calpol doses & ill give him a 3rd one tonight. Any suggestions on what else to do? Temperature is ok at the moment just hysterical crying once he's awake

Ah poor little guy Goldenlady. I found with my son was 24 hours until he was himself again. He was listless and cranky, crying in his sleep. Its great his temp is okay.

Goldenlady my son was the exact same after the injections. Keep giving the Calpol and be careful with his legs. Then just loads of cuddles. My guy would be fine that night and the next day.

It's so true with the germs. The second child always picks things up quicker. My little girl had a cold at 3 weeks. And it lasted a good week where she was stuffy and not sleeping. No fun. Thankfully she's been great since. Can't wait for the sleep to stretch out a bit. She's waking round 1 and then again at 4 but she'll be very restless then till morning and be on and off the boob a lot. Makes it very hard to get up to a screaming toddler then at 7. Definitely a different story with two kids. No down time at all.

• Advertisement

We had vaccinations on Tuesday morning and he's only almost back on full form since this afternoon. He had night temp until this morn,his legs ate still a little bit sore too.
    As somebody said above,keep him topped up on Calpol and lots of cuddles

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Due vaccinations next thurs and have her Christening on the Saturday. From reading the posts here I think I’ll wait till the following week to get the vaccines!

Have them next week and dreading it too! Was almost in tears at my sons last time! He was sitting on my knee all smiles and trusting...then pow! I was blaming the hormones 8 weeks on !
    Hope your boy is feeling better today Goldenlady

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

Thanks so much guys, he's completely perfect today. We didnt sleep much last night as he seemed aggitated but i was probably overly sensitive. He's back to normal today. God it was heartbreaking seeing his poor face getting the injections, you feel helpless. Thank god it's over for another while. Hope all your babies are doing great x

Aw that's great goldenlady. The injections are awful but they only feel it for a second. Harder for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Sausage dog

Hi July Mammies, just jumping in here from May group. I'm a first time breast feeding Mum & just want to reassure any first time Mums that it does get easier. My baby is four and a half months old now. For the first few months we just survived...the basics of sleep & food. An occasional wash was a bonus. When he slept, I slept, so there was nothing else done. Breastfeeding wasn't easy & there were many evenings spent in tears wondering was it worth it. When you are sleep deprived it's very easy feel overwhelmed. But you do survive & there is light at the end of the tunnel. Now, baby goes 4-6 hours between feeds....this makes a big difference. I changed feeding position to one that works for me. My boobs don't hurt & I don't dread the next feed. Getting a decent amount of sleep during the night means you're not chasing it throughout the day, hoping baby will sleep & you can too. Hopefully all is going well for the summer Mums & babies & if it's harder than you ever expected then maybe this post might be of help.

Hey guys, is anyone elses toddler having a hard time adjusting to the new arrival? My son ignores her essentially but is throwing shocking tantrums and seems to have devloped a sniffing nose tic.
    I've upped the one to one time and extra attention and seemed to help but now it seems to be making it worse. Feeling so guilty that he is upset, we were like glue before number 2 arrived so can fully appreciate why he is so put out. 10 weeks on and he seems worse that week 1 ! Ahhhh

Exactly the same boat here. Toddler throwing awful tantrums. Though I think it's the age for it anyway. But he keeps wanting me to lift him all the time and goes ballistic when I put him down.

I'm actually finding having two so close together so damn hard. It'll be great in the long run but my god the days are tough.

It's very draining alright! Newborns are a dream compared to toddlers! Eat, sleep, change, repeat! Although our lady is a proper chunk now and is about to burst out of 0-3 months. Goes so so fast!

• Advertisement

We're the same here. 0 - 3 getting tight and she's only 6 weeks!!!! It really does fly. I'm trying to take it all in and enjoy every second but it's just so busy.

I know - babies are so easy in comparison to toddlers. But the toddlers really do make you laugh. But I laugh when I think back to when we just had our first. And me thinking it was so hard. Little did I know eh. Haha.

Advertisement