Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

Same here with the clothes, we had to give up on the 0-3 clothes a while ago. Babies are 3 months old now, we're even trying to dress them in 'real' clothes like leggings and t-shirts, and save their babygros for nighttime.

We had a routine hip ultrasound in the hospital a few weeks ago and got the all clear. However the PHN says one of our girls is "missing a crease" - she didnt explain clearly what she meant, just said "check for click hips" despite the fact we had the ultrasound. So we have a follow-up doctor appt for one baby to check her hips again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Wow 3 months already? Imagine.
    I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. PHNs seem obsessed with the creases in the legs. They like the creases and fat rolls to match up exactly. Something could be mis aligned if they don't. But I'm sure it's just being extra cautious. Good they keep an eye on it I guess.
    My little girl is just 6 weeks and has her first cold. Toddler bringing all the germs in. It's horrible hearing her all snuffly. But she's still smiling away. We have her 6 week check this week. I'm also back in hospital to have my stitches checked after the infection. Dreading it! I feel so sensitive down there and so afraid they'll do an internal.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Oh hope it goes okay dreamstar, surely they'll just have a look on the outside hopefully. It will great to hear that its all healed up though, infection must have been so tough.
    My girl has had two colds, def toddler related!
    Not totally sure, great to hear your girls are doing so well! Honestly take my hat off to you, can't imagine how hard newborn twins must be but so lovely as well!
    We're waiting on a temple st appointment for hip dysplasia. If nothing came up on the ultra sound I'll sure she will be absolutely fine don't worry.
    You've inspired me to get the 3 to 6 months wardrobe out today....hard to believe ! I'm partly blaming overusing the tumble dryer though!

Annoyedgal, I hope you get an appointment for Temple Street soon. Was the hip dysplasia picked up by your PHN? Im hoping our checkup goes okay, just confused why it's needed since the ultrasound was olay. Hopefully this will just be being overcautious.

Definitely break out the 3 to 6 month clothes. It's very strange to say goodbye to the little clothes we had in the hospital. But it does make them look like babies again since the arms/legs are too long again.

On a side note, double buggies weigh a sodding tonne!!!

What double buggy did you go for? I got the out n about and I'm surprised how light it is to push. I love it! It's a bit awkward to get into the boot but I can manage it myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

We’re just in 3-6 months here too and she’s just 2 months. Got very nostalgic going through my sons old clothes picking out bits herself can wear. Am doing a lot of imaginary online shopping too, baby girl clothes are so cute!

Cakerbaker i did that very thing today too! Loved seeing all the little things himself wore when he was so small. Now my girl is head to toe blue going to bed!

Got appointment for temple street for tom week. Wasn't picked up by phn or 6 week check, apparently they are not good indicators. Ultra sound or x ray is best so don't worry. Sounds like they are being cautious alright nottotallysure.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 StellaWu

dreamstar wrote: »
    We're the same here. 0 - 3 getting tight and she's only 6 weeks!!!! It really does fly. I'm trying to take it all in and enjoy every second but it's just so busy.

I know - babies are so easy in comparison to toddlers. But the toddlers really do make you laugh. But I laugh when I think back to when we just had our first. And me thinking it was so hard. Little did I know eh. Haha.

Good to hear that someone else is finding 023 a bit tight for a six week old!
    He just seems to fly through the clothes.......... we were talking the other day about possibility of trying for another baby and when that might be, listening to all this sounds like a really need to slow down smell the roses one is hard enough !!! :p

Wow 3 months already? Imagine.
    I'm sure it's nothing to worry about. PHNs seem obsessed with the creases in the legs. They like the creases and fat rolls to match up exactly. Something could be mis aligned if they don't. But I'm sure it's just being extra cautious. Good they keep an eye on it I guess.
    My little girl is just 6 weeks and has her first cold. Toddler bringing all the germs in. It's horrible hearing her all snuffly. But she's still smiling away. We have her 6 week check this week. I'm also back in hospital to have my stitches checked after the infection. Dreading it! I feel so sensitive down there and so afraid they'll do an internal.

Hope the stitches are getting better

Annoyedgal, I hope you get an appointment for Temple Street soon. Was the hip dysplasia picked up by your PHN? Im hoping our checkup goes okay, just confused why it's needed since the ultrasound was olay. Hopefully this will just be being overcautious

On a side note, double buggies weigh a sodding tonne!!!

I hope it was just them being over cautious That the checkup was fine

• Advertisement

Nice places to eat with a buggy in city centre?

I’m meeting my sister in law for lunch today she works in College Green anyone any ideas where would be easy to go with the pram where the food is kind of nice too?
    Thanks a mill

StellaWu wrote: »
    Nice places to eat with a buggy in city centre?

I’m meeting my sister in law for lunch today she works in College Green anyone any ideas where would be easy to go with the pram where the food is kind of nice too?
    Thanks a mill

Carluchios (I’ve probably spelt that wrong) on Dawson St isn’t bad. I ate there a few weeks ago and the buggy fit fine beside the table. There are 2/3 steps at the door though.

What double buggy did you go for? I got the out n about and I'm surprised how light it is to push. I love it! It's a bit awkward to get into the boot but I can manage it myself.

I was looking at the Out N About Double Nipper and the Mountain Buggy Duet. Both are lovely to push. My difficulty lies in having to fold/unfold and lift the buggy. I've a weak back and just can't manage to unfold any of them.

I have an old iCandy Pear for carseats, frame is heavy though. Going up hills is a challenge!

I got a Mountain Buggy Nano Duo last week and really like it so far. This one I can lift/unfold as it's only 9kg. Turns really easily too. Thank god for gift vouchers, helped pay for it

I was looking at the Out N About Double Nipper and the Mountain Buggy Duet. Both are lovely to push. My difficulty lies in having to fold/unfold and lift the buggy. I've a weak back and just can't manage to unfold any of them.

I have an old iCandy Pear for carseats, frame is heavy though. Going up hills is a challenge!

I got a Mountain Buggy Nano Duo last week and really like it so far. This one I can lift/unfold as it's only 9kg. Turns really easily too. Thank god for gift vouchers, helped pay for it

Yeah they are tough to get in and out of the car. Even though the out n about us super light to push and is easy to fold lifting it into the car is hard. And I don't have a bad back.
    They are expensive alright but worth spending money on a good one I think. I'd be lost without ours. We got it second hand from a friend so were lucky we didn't have to pay full price.

StellaWu wrote: »
    We're the same here. 0 - 3 getting tight and she's only 6 weeks!!!! It really does fly. I'm trying to take it all in and enjoy every second but it's just so busy.

I know - babies are so easy in comparison to toddlers. But the toddlers really do make you laugh. But I laugh when I think back to when we just had our first. And me thinking it was so hard. Little did I know eh. Haha.

Good to hear that someone else is finding 023 a bit tight for a six week old!
    He just seems to fly through the clothes.......... we were talking the other day about possibility of trying for another baby and when that might be, listening to all this sounds like a really need to slow down smell the roses one is hard enough !!! :p
    Oh god don't let me put you off. We were afraid it would take us ages to conceive because of our history so we didn't hang around. But it happened quickly. We were lucky and I wouldn't change it. But it's a lot harder than I'd expected. But it's still early days and we're finding our feet. Seeing them together is super cute. My toddler was patting babies back the other day when I was burping her. My heart nearly burst!

Oh god don't let me put you off. We were afraid it would take us ages to conceive because of our history so we didn't hang around. But it happened quickly. We were lucky and I wouldn't change it. But it's a lot harder than I'd expected. But it's still early days and we're finding our feet. Seeing them together is super cute. My toddler was patting babies back the other day when I was burping her. My heart nearly burst!

Awwwww that sounds gorgeous <3

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    Carluchios (I’ve probably spelt that wrong) on Dawson St isn’t bad. I ate there a few weeks ago and the buggy fit fine beside the table. There are 2/3 steps at the door though.

Deadly, thanks a mill!

Hey july mammys! Hope you are well and the babies doing great. My girl got her hip brace off after 3 months and its great!
    She's a happy little customer but we have been in a sleep regression/leap for last few weeks and its so tough...she either takes ages to put down or else wakes up every hour or so until i go to bed...then she is in the bed! Have all the bad habits going on here! Started solids today but doubt will help as she doesn't seem hungry at night, more so wants cuddles.
    Anyway, my husband has now banned talk of no 3 so i hope this phase will pass at some point!

Oh god we're the same here. Little one just comes to bed with me round 9. Had been able to settle her in her cot and she was doing long stretches up until about 4 months. But now she cries unless she's on boob. So to get sleep I'm just keeping her in the bed. Sleep is my priority at the minute coz I'm up at 6 with toddler. Just hoping like you the phase will end eventually.

Also trying to get her to take a bottle and having zero luck. Been trying every day for a few weeks and she just won't take it. Am starting to get worried. Had to stop feeding my first when his teeth came through but he'd take a bottle.

Should say other than that she is the easiest, happiest most content baby! I'm just trying to take it all in and enjoy it all coz we won't be having any more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 dekey

We had pavlik harness on too from 6 weeks to 12 weeks so not too long but felt like forever. He felt so floppy & sloppy when we got it off. Had an x-ray just before Xmas & the hips seem to be holding at 65° but another follow up booked for March to check again. 🀞ðŸ™

Sleep regression hasn't hit us as hard this time around as it did on my first (but maybe that's just because sleep deprivation is less of a shock to the system!!)

He's such a happy little chap but leap 5 is starting to get a grip & he wants to be entertained more these days. Really can't complain though, enjoying mat leave much more this time round. My first is still in creche full time though so that helps. They are absolutely mad about each other thankfully, it's so lovely to see them interact.

It took forever for mine to take a bottle. She just kept refusing it, would gag and get sick sometimes. Didn’t try for ages. Then one day about a month ago my husband tried and you’d swear she was drinking bottles since day 1. She even holds them herself now! I will say it’s nice to be able to get out now and again on my own without worrying about her.

Her sleep is desperate though, she pretty much sleeps with my nipple in her mouth which means my sleep isn’t great. At least my toddler is in crèche 3 days so I can have lie ins those mornings if she cooperates!

She so much more solid than my son was. She was sitting up straight without support since 5 months. She just wants to be doing whatever her brother is and is very able to let you know what she wants to do!

Cakerbaker our two sound very similar with the sleep. It's tough going. I'm going to keep trying the bottle. Hopefully some day she'll take it.

Cakerbaker our two sound very similar with the sleep. It's tough going. I'm going to keep trying the bottle. Hopefully some day she'll take it.

Have you tried different types? We tried a few and eventually had success with the nuk bottle and a latex teat. The latex is softer than silicone so didn’t seem to be as imposing in her mouth if that makes sense.

I've tried the MAM bottles and just tried NUK today but she still won't take it. Not sure what the teat type was though. I'll check that out. Thanks for the tip.

I've tried the MAM bottles and just tried NUK today but she still won't take it. Not sure what the teat type was though. I'll check that out. Thanks for the tip.

The latex ones are yellow. I had to buy them separately to the bottle. They’re softer so she didn’t react as badly to having it in her mouth.

So good to know I'm not alone with the awful sleep, feeding her to sleep pretty much every 90 minutes at night and am like the walking dead! Must be a leap if they are all acting up around this time!

annoyedgal wrote: »
    So good to know I'm not alone with the awful sleep, feeding her to sleep pretty much every 90 minutes at night and am like the walking dead! Must be a leap if they are all acting up around this time!

According to the app I’m 2 days to the end of leap 5. I won’t lie, it’s been a tough one. Not getting my hopes up though

Same cakerbaker! The storm clouds to clear by thurs! Like you not too hopeful.....!!

• Advertisement

Cakerbaker wrote: »

The latex ones are yellow. I had to buy them separately to the bottle. They’re softer so she didn’t react as badly to having it in her mouth.

Oh great I'll give them a go so. Thanks a mill.

Advertisement