Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Options
1363738394042»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

It's good to see some activity here!!! My little mans sleep is awful at the moment. We are out the otherside of leap 5 but he's an awful cough viral according to doctor & i think the solids are giving him trapped wind so very little sleep at the moment! Other than that he's just the happiest little chap. He's not sitting up unaided yet & hates tummy time still so i need to try focus more on that to help the rolling
    Hope everyone is good x

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Goldenlady the coughs are awful. My 2 year old had one that lasted ages before Xmas!
    We're almost out of leap 5 here. Little one is a good sleeper at night as long as she's in bed with me but will not settle in her cot. I've tried and tried but just need my sleep so bad I'm going with it for the minute.
    Haven't started solids yet. Going to wait till 26 weeks. I'm dreading it and don't know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Baby sleeping with me too and like yourself I'll do anything at this point for some sleep! She is okay once I'm there but wakes a fair bit from 7 to 10 until i go to bed. Have no downtime, its hard going.
    Think she needs more solids but she is not having a bar of them! Sucks her thumb at every meal and smirks at me!!
    Going to try bottle again and try to introduce a formula feed as at my wits end but can't see her taking it. Not sitting up unaided either and she's a bit behind with rolling after 3 months in the brace. Otherwise a total pet thankfully!

Aww that's great to hear guys. All good. I need to start a proper routine for naps & nights sleep as he's currently napping on me oooops!!!! Loving every minute of it to be honest, and loving seeing his little personality develop!!!!

We have zero sleep routine here either. We're usually out in the morning and she'll sometimes nap on the go. Then I'm always home at 12 for the toddlers nap. She'll sometimes sleep then. But she never sleeps long during the day at all. Like half hour here and there. I need to start getting her to nap in her cot but it means staying in with an energetic toddler which is tough going.

• Advertisement

Guys, should we have a 6 month appointment with public health nurse? Do they send a letter or do i follow up? My 3 month appointment didn't happen til he was 5 months as the PHN i had originally left & i had to chase for an appointment. Im concerned we've been forgotten about again...

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dekey

I was told by my phn that our next check up is 7 - 9 months. I don't know if it's the same in every district.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

dekey wrote: »
    I was told by my phn that our next check up is 7 - 9 months. I don't know if it's the same in every district.

That’s what I was told as well.

Thanks girls may be its the same here. I am going to blame baby brain ðŸ˜

My guy is due a check with PHN at 2 years and she said she would do my daughter's check then too. She'll be almost 7 months. She usually just texts me when the appointment is due. If you're worried no harm giving them a call.

How are all the babies?
    We're doing great but I can't get her to sleep in her cot. I transfer her in but she's awake after an hour. But if I sleep in the bed with her she'll sleep most the night and just latch on when hungry. So we both get more sleep. So I'm in the back room with her. But I miss sleeping with my hubby. I need to sort her sleeping. Still trying her with the bottle But she's still not taking that either. I'm hoping once she starts solids she might start taking a bottle then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Could have written that dreamstar! No luck here with the cosleeper except for naps. She point blank won't settle at night unless beside me but is the easiest way for me to get sleep too. Toying with the idea of moving her into her own room to see if that helps but can't face the upset yet!
    Started solids and she's enjoying blw and using the preloaded spoon herself not will not take the spoon from me. Had a breakthrough with bottles, nuk with the yellow latex teat. Worked a treat and she is taking a bottle a day now and I'm determined to keep it up as we had bottle refusal with my son. Would really recommend trying that teat as apparently a lot of breastfed babies prefer it.

Thanks so much annoyedgal- glad it's not just me. I did get the latex teat and have only tried it once. Actually my hubby tried it. And to be honest I doubt he was very patient with it. So I might give that a go myself. We'll be starting to wean soon too so I'm hoping that will get her used to having new things in her mouth and that'll help with bottles.

The sleeping thing is a tough one. Because I don't want her waking the toddler. Then all hell would break loose. :-)
    But yeah like yours she will nap in the cot. Weird. I'm hoping that when she's in a routine of going up early it'll help.

What time do all yours go to bed at actually?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 dekey

Thankfully my guy will take a bottle no problem, he takes medela & it was the first we tried so I've not tempted fate by trying any other brand. My girl never took a bottle but once we got to 6mths at least hubby could occupy her with food & water so I could leave for more than 3hrs at a time.

He's also a pretty good sleeper (in stark contrast to my first who didnt sleep til she was 2 So there's zero smugness coz I know it could all change at any point). We start him in the travel cot set up downstairs (used to be the carrycot but he's too big for it now), he comes up to bed with me when I'm going up & goes into the next2me without waking & comes into me in the bed if he wakes. The whole downstairs thing was to not disturb the toddler if she woke but we've realised that she's not going to wake up once she's in a deep sleep so going to start putting him up to bed. We've been very lazy on our 2nd & don't even have his own bedroom organised for him yet so have to do something with the spare room so we can move him into his own space. We're pretty relaxed with the bedtime routine. It's about 8.30/9 for both of them. My hubby brings lg up & does teeth, pjs & story while I bf the baby & then we swap over & I lie with lg while she falls asleep & dh gets the baby down if he's not already. We aim to have both asleep for 9pm.

Advertisement