Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

I don't have any knowledge on your condition or dose or anything but I'd say they are hurting more each time because you inject around the same area every time?It doesn't really get a chance to recover.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

shesty wrote: »
    I don't have any knowledge on your condition or dose or anything but I'd say they are hurting more each time because you inject around the same area every time?It doesn't really get a chance to recover.

I’d say not, I was specifically told to rotate injection site as I will be on them for an extended period, I’d be surprised if she wasn’t advised the same. I find some area are definitely more painful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

God love you girls. I had to inject for 10 days after my section and it was horrible can't imagine everyday at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mano79

Another inohep injector here. Well not yet but assume I will be put on them. I had to use them till 6 weeks after birth of our first baby. God they are a pain in the ass (or the belly, or the leg). I was black and blue the last time. And then there was so many extra appointments because I was on them. Then I had to be induced at 39 weeks so that they could manage everything but anyway the result was good and hoping I get as good an outcome this time.
    MelanieC wrote: »
    Hi Goldenlady. Congrats on your little surprise!

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one on those dreaded heparin injections,my stomach is destroyed already too. What kind of dose are you on? I was prescribed 5000 units which was calculated according to my weight. My chemist tho gave me prefilled syringes of 8000 units and me,being an eejit who didn't read the label I had been injecting the whole lot til I noticed one day. Cue a panicked call to the maternity hospital and the doctor there told me I should be on 7000 units anyway, even though the prescribing doctor had been adamant i not go over the 5.

Has anyone else found with going public that you are told something different by someone different every time you go in?? Myself and OH are already anxious enough after the miscarriage and its just so unnerving to be given different advice each time,it's like well, who do I listen to, which one's advice do I follow?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    How’re you feeling Mystery Egg?

Thanks Cakerbaker. Not too bad. Spotting has stopped. I still seem to have pregnancy symptoms. I have an appointment with the EPU on Monday. My emotions are swinging - in part to do with hormones and in part because of the uncertainty and worry about it all.

I'd never heard of heparin - it doesn't sound nice at all. :eek::(

Hope all the July 2018ers are doing okay today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

I feel your pain with the injections. I'm on innohep too. Hate them. Am covered in bruises already too. If you are unsure about your dosage I'd definitely clarify it with the hospital. I was on them on my last pregnancy as well. But this time I find it harder to inject as my skin is a bit looser. It's gross.

I feel your pain with the injections. I'm on innohep too. Hate them. Am covered in bruises already too. If you are unsure about your dosage I'd definitely clarify it with the hospital. I was on them on my last pregnancy as well. But this time I find it harder to inject as my skin is a bit looser. It's gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Hi all, I have really bad pain in my upper middle stomach since I woke up this morning. It's extremely uncomfortable and I am quite worried about it. Worst thing is I'm in Germany for a few days so Im even more anxious as away from home. I'm hoping its just really bad indigestion/wind. Can anyone tell me how many gaviscon I can take a day? Or any other remedies that have worked. Thanks x

It could be trapped wind Boop. That can be very painful. Best thing for that it's lots of bending and standing up. Fizzy water might help too. No idea on the gaviscon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Hope your okay Boop22, sounds like trapped wind. Had a similar pain in that area last week. Does anyone know when to book the anomaly scan with holles street? Can't remember when I did last time! Think was after the booking visit?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

Hi, thought I'd join on here. Currently about 9wks here (LMP), so due in July. Have an appt in Merrion Fetal Health in 2wks. I did a test 3 wks ago as I had been sick and out of sorts for about 2 full weeks. Turns out that was just early morning sickness.

'morning' sickness still killing me here daily. I've gone to bed early to try get away from it, and then woken at midnight in a heap with nausea! Only thing I can eat right now that doesn't make me gag is plain cereal with cold milk (and even that upsets my tummy). The thought of hot/warm temperature food is awful, and a few mouthfuls has me in bits! Hopefully this will ease off soon!!

annoyedgal wrote: »
    Hope your okay Boop22, sounds like trapped wind. Had a similar pain in that area last week. Does anyone know when to book the anomaly scan with holles street? Can't remember when I did last time! Think was after the booking visit?
    I can't remember when I booked mine last time but they will tell you when. I have a scan on Monday. Should be about 7 weeks so just hoping there is a good heartbeat there.
    Also suffering with the constant nausea. And the worst part is that I have to suffer in silence because nobody knows. The only thing that helps is sipping ice cold water.

Not too sure about the gaviscon but I used to drink loads at the end of my last pregnancy.

Anyone else REALLY bloated. My tummy is so uncomfortably full constantly.

Yes! Bloating so bad I've been wearing scarves and cardigans at work for the last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Boop22

Kaylami wrote: »
    It could be trapped wind Boop. That can be very painful. Best thing for that it's lots of bending and standing up. Fizzy water might help too. No idea on the gaviscon.

Thanks a million Kaylami I tried the sparkling water and it eased it almost instantly. Feeling much better today thank god as I was quite worried about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 OriginalChunk

Good Morning guys,
    I've come down with an almighty cold which has me floored. Sore throat, earaches, body aches, sneezing, lots of pressure in my head etc. I've had the flu vaccine so hoping it's not the flu... Should I be worried about the little one in my belly? I'm about 9.5weekz and freaking out that me having this cold is going to cause me to miscarry! Any advice would be so greatly appreciated! X

Good Morning guys,
    I've come down with an almighty cold which has me floored. Sore throat, earaches, body aches, sneezing, lots of pressure in my head etc. I've had the flu vaccine so hoping it's not the flu... Should I be worried about the little one in my belly? I'm about 9.5weekz and freaking out that me having this cold is going to cause me to miscarry! Any advice would be so greatly appreciated! X

Your immune system is lower in early pregnancy so a normal cold will floor you. Combine that with first trimester exhaustion and you will feel like absolute crap. But baby will be fine. If your very concerned go to the doctor in the morning but chances are they won't give you anything for a cold. Just rest lots of fluids and lots of vitamin c.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

A cold won't cause you to miscarry at all, it won't affect the baby at all, just you :) Paracetamol, honey & lemon drinks, rest, cough sweets, all of them should help you feel more human.

Early scan today put me at 10 and 2 and due June 29th but I'm hanging on in the July thread as want over on my son! All looked well and scan had way better detail than I was used to from nmh public scanner!

Aw annoyedgal that's so exciting! And you're so nearly out of the first trimester! I have a scan tomorrow to give me a due date as my cycles are so irregular. I'm expecting to be just over 7 weeks but I'm so nervous there w ont be a heartbeat. It's happened me before and I can't stop thinking about it. Fingers crossed all goes well.

• Advertisement

Fingers crossed for you Dreamstar, it's nerveracking alright beforehand but the relief after was great. I'm sure yours will go well and you'll get to hear a lovely heartbeat tomorrow. You might get bumped on a few days too as my cycle was a bit irregular. Best of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Best of luck with your scan dreamstar.

I am so bloated and feel so heavy all the time too. Which is weird coz I can barely eat three forkfuls of food and I feel stuffed!

Its the tiredness that's hitting me the hardest. Like I literally have zero energy and my eyes are closing the entire time I'm out of bed! Often find myself awake for no reason then around 4am though! So annoying!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭Gee_G

MelanieC wrote: »
    Best of luck with your scan dreamstar.

I am so bloated and feel so heavy all the time too. Which is weird coz I can barely eat three forkfuls of food and I feel stuffed!

Its the tiredness that's hitting me the hardest. Like I literally have zero energy and my eyes are closing the entire time I'm out of bed! Often find myself awake for no reason then around 4am though! So annoying!
    I feel exactly the same MelanieC. Struggling to function most days, napping whenever I can and have that heavy feeling all the time too. Nausea had gone for a week or two buy it's back now, tried explaining it to my husband that it's like a woozy hangover. I'm only way to the 10 week mark so hopefully I'm nearly the end of all of that.....until the last trimester anyway haha.

So scan went very well. Saw that tiny little heart beating away. Amazing. But I'm actually a bit behind what I'd thought. So by my dates I thought I was 7w6d but I'm actually 7weeks exactly. So I'll be exactly 12 weeks going back to work after maternity leave.
    Feeling very bad today with sickness and tiredness. Thank God for hubby here looking after the baby.

Delighted scan went well.
    10 weeks today here. The nausea is as present as ever but the vomiting has stopped thank God. Probably because I'm making myself eat even when I don't want to.

I'm coming out the other side of the exhaustion too although with 4 kids and a full time job I'm pretty sure exhausted is my default state.

Hope all the other July mammies and keeping well.

Great news Dreamstar! Very reassuring to hear the heartbeat! Kaylami I take my hat off to you with 4 kids ! I've only one and exhausted !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Very relieved and glad to be able to say that I saw the baby's heartbeat yesterday. I'm now 6w+3d so we're still not out of the danger zone but it was amazing to see him/her working away there. :)

Another scan in two weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Very relieved and glad to be able to say that I saw the baby's heartbeat yesterday. I'm now 6w+3d so we're still not out of the danger zone but it was amazing to see him/her working away there. :)

That’s brilliant news! It’s so nice to hear the heartbeat! It makes it very real.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

Ive a private scan booked for this week, so will be 9 weeks. Fingers crossed all goes ok. Feeling extremely tired and nauseous this week, really didn't have it too bad until now. Slept for 13 hours last night!
    Official first appointment isn't until Jan 10th, will be nearly 14 weeks at that stage. Thought I would be seen earlier as Doctor classed me as high risk due to clotting history! But anyway, Ill do the scan this week and take it from there... hopefully this sickly feeling goes soon!
    hope everyone else is doing ok xx

• Advertisement

That's AMAZING! Had been thinking of you. Must have been such a relief. Delighted for you.

Advertisement