Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Thanks so much for the support here. I have been feeling very wobbly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Great news Mystery Egg x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Goldenlady wrote: »
    Ive a private scan booked for this week, so will be 9 weeks. Fingers crossed all goes ok. Feeling extremely tired and nauseous this week, really didn't have it too bad until now. Slept for 13 hours last night!
    Official first appointment isn't until Jan 10th, will be nearly 14 weeks at that stage. Thought I would be seen earlier as Doctor classed me as high risk due to clotting history! But anyway, Ill do the scan this week and take it from there... hopefully this sickly feeling goes soon!
    hope everyone else is doing ok xx

Yes I'm the same,supposedly high risk due to previous clot and was told I'd be seen very often because of this but still waiting to hear anything. Its frustrating isn't it? Not to mention worrying.

I threw up this morning for the first time. I'll be ten weeks tomorrow so morning sickness should be easing around now, not starting! Trust me to do things the wrong way round!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Great news!The wobbly feeling never really goes unfortunately, but the extra scans are a great comfort.
    I'm 18 weeks into pregnancy no.3 and still have a minor panic attack every time I go to the bathroom, afraid of what I'll see.But good news, so here's hoping it stays good :-)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

shesty wrote: »
    Great news!The wobbly feeling never really goes unfortunately, but the extra scans are a great comfort.
    I'm 18 weeks into pregnancy no.3 and still have a minor panic attack every time I go to the bathroom, afraid of what I'll see.But good news, so here's hoping it stays good :-)

In a strange way I find that reassuring...as I'm not the only one!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Not in the least, I have been there three times now, and as I said we have two kids and a good pregnancy so far.All you can do is take it day by day. :-) Every week passing feels like a great milestone.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

MelanieC wrote: »
    Yes I'm the same,supposedly high risk due to previous clot and was told I'd be seen very often because of this but still waiting to hear anything. Its frustrating isn't it? Not to mention worrying.

I threw up this morning for the first time. I'll be ten weeks tomorrow so morning sickness should be easing around now, not starting! Trust me to do things the wrong way round!

HI Mel,

Its so frustrating isn't it! I have no idea what High Risk means, I honestly thought I would be brought in weekly ha! I had to ring Doctor yesterday for more innohep as I would say he thought I would be seen before January! ill just keep injecting until I am told otherwise.

Oh no, you poor thing with the throwing up, today was the first day I felt I could but I had stuffed a smoothie down my throat so that was probably why! I just feel like I am eating crap and bland foods, as cant even think about anything else. Completely turned off salads/dark choc etc all my healthy stuff! Ill try spinning again now tonight, my boobs were too sore last week!

Fun times ahead :)

Yeah I thought high risk would mean I would be seen weekly or fortnightly too,that's certainly the impression I was given before I became pregnant but now that I am - nothing. I wonder what they even mean by labelling us high risk then?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

I'm in the high risk clinic in Holles street due to a previous blood clot and I was in this clinic on last pregnancy too. I didn't have extra visits but I had to see two consultants when I went in. Haemotologist and obstetrician. But I was taken in early on both. Both at 5 weeks to get started on innohep and get bloods and early scan done. Other hospitals might be different. If your gp has requested you be seen early then you'd imagine that would be before 10 weeks.

Went for the private scan last night, all good thank god!! strong heart beat and measuring exactly 9 weeks as of yesterday so dates all good. It was surreal! still feel I shouldn't get too excited for another few weeks until at least the 12 weeks are over. Baby was so active legs and arms kicking everywhere. Hope everyone is well x

• Advertisement

I'm starting to get nervous and I'm working myself into a tizzy. So I had my scan last Monday and by dates I should have been 7w6d but I was hoping I might even be a little further. But they said I was 7weeks exactly. I've been looking at my dates based on this and it just doesn't add up. So now I'm thinking the embryo might be developing a little slow - and it has me so worried. :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

Oh that sounds crap dreamstar. Hopefully it’s just dates being a bit out although I know that’d gave me worried too. Are you going for another scan soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mano79

Mel and Goldenlady I was high risk in last pregnancy due to previous history of clots. It meant i was on Innohep injections from booking in clinic until 6 weeks post having baby. The amount of appointments I had was mental. I was a public patient but every time i was in clinic I had to see the consultant rather than the midwifes due to history and high risk. I also had to see the haematologist a few times to make sure he was happy. Then I had to go to a pre admission clinic so that they had a file on me in case of an emergency or a c-section. There were plans put in place to induce me at 39 weeks and i was told what day to stop taking my injection and thank god all went to plan and i had an event free delivery and back on the injections for another 6 weeks after. About to start into them again and assume I will have all the same appointments to go through. If any of you want to ask me any questions because I have being through the high risk stamp debacle before just fire ahead.
    HI Mel,

Its so frustrating isn't it! I have no idea what High Risk means, I honestly thought I would be brought in weekly ha! I had to ring Doctor yesterday for more innohep as I would say he thought I would be seen before January! ill just keep injecting until I am told otherwise.

Oh no, you poor thing with the throwing up, today was the first day I felt I could but I had stuffed a smoothie down my throat so that was probably why! I just feel like I am eating crap and bland foods, as cant even think about anything else. Completely turned off salads/dark choc etc all my healthy stuff! Ill try spinning again now tonight, my boobs were too sore last week!

Fun times ahead :)

Thanks for that info mano, sounds eventful alright! I got sick of checking the post every day so bit the bullet and rang the hospital today to find out why the high risk clinic hadn't been in touch - no record of me whatsoever! Cumh is really beginning to unnerve me now, what with different consultants telling me different things each time and them not having things on my file (they rang me last time about my anomaly scan six weeks AFTER my miscarriage and performing my d&c). It was quite traumatic.

Anyway she booked me in for a scan on the 18th and clinic appointment on the 27th but I will have to be "accepted" onto the high risk programme which is now delayed because they lost my referral. I can't help but feel worried.

Cakerbaker wrote: »
    Oh that sounds crap dreamstar. Hopefully it’s just dates being a bit out although I know that’d gave me worried too. Are you going for another scan soon?
    Yeah it is a bit worrying alright. When I had my scan she said all looks perfect and good strong heartbeat. She didn't seem concerned at all about dates not matching as I do have an irregular cycle but just to me it seems a bit much of a difference.
    I'm back in the hospital on the 20th and they will scan me then. I thought of maybe doing a private scan earlier but not sure. It's a lot of money to spend when I'll be scanned in two weeks anyway.

Thanks for that info mano, sounds eventful alright! I got sick of checking the post every day so bit the bullet and rang the hospital today to find out why the high risk clinic hadn't been in touch - no record of me whatsoever! Cumh is really beginning to unnerve me now, what with different consultants telling me different things each time and them not having things on my file (they rang me last time about my anomaly scan six weeks AFTER my miscarriage and performing my d&c). It was quite traumatic.

Anyway she booked me in for a scan on the 18th and clinic appointment on the 27th but I will have to be "accepted" onto the high risk programme which is now delayed because they lost my referral. I can't help but feel worried.

Thanks Mano79, that's good to know.

Wow MelanieC, that's crazy. I will actually ring them on Monday too... what number did you ring? I already rang them to change my address as they had sent the letter for my appointment to my dads...

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

If the scan looked good and you have an irregular cycle then try not to worry. It's very possible you ovulated later than you thought so that could explain it

quote="dreamstar;105501277"]Yeah it is a bit worrying alright. When I had my scan she said all looks perfect and good strong heartbeat. She didn't seem concerned at all about dates not matching as I do have an irregular cycle but just to me it seems a bit much of a difference.
    I'm back in the hospital on the 20th and they will scan me then. I thought of maybe doing a private scan earlier but not sure. It's a lot of money to spend when I'll be scanned in two weeks anyway.[/quote]

Thanks Mano79, that's good to know.

Wow MelanieC, that's crazy. I will actually ring them on Monday too... what number did you ring? I already rang them to change my address as they had sent the letter for my appointment to my dads...

I rang the Aislinn Suite on 0214920550 and tbh that woman didn't really listen to me and wasn't very helpful but she transferred me to the high risk clinic and the woman there was very nice and said she'd be sort it out and ring me back which in fairness she did with the two dates. I just keep thinking how long I'd have been waiting otherwise to no end coz they'd "lost" all trace of me! I would definitely ring them Goldenlady for the reassurance in case the same has happened with you! This thing of having to be "accepted" into the high risk clinic is weird too, I had been told I would automatically be. Feels like I'm joining a cult or something!

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

dreamstar wrote: »
    Yeah it is a bit worrying alright. When I had my scan she said all looks perfect and good strong heartbeat. She didn't seem concerned at all about dates not matching as I do have an irregular cycle but just to me it seems a bit much of a difference.
    I'm back in the hospital on the 20th and they will scan me then. I thought of maybe doing a private scan earlier but not sure. It's a lot of money to spend when I'll be scanned in two weeks anyway.

Also sperm can live for 5 days so if you didn’t have sex 7 weeks ago, you can still have gotten pregnant from sex a few days earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Digs

dreamstar wrote: »
    I'm starting to get nervous and I'm working myself into a tizzy. So I had my scan last Monday and by dates I should have been 7w6d but I was hoping I might even be a little further. But they said I was 7weeks exactly. I've been looking at my dates based on this and it just doesn't add up. So now I'm thinking the embryo might be developing a little slow - and it has me so worried. :-(

Dreamstar, popping in as I saw your name! Delighted to see your news again.

Both my girls measured a week late early on, which worried me both times. I felt it didn’t add up with my dates and especially on my first it meant I had gotten a positive pregnancy test before 4 weeks. A strong one!

Both were born two weeks overdue, not a bother in the world. Sometimes these things are just anomalies. Both times I was told a week difference really wasn’t anything to worry about, that didn’t stop me though!! Very best of luck x

• Advertisement

Hi Digs!!!! Thanks so much for your message. That's exactly what worried me was that I got a positive test almost immediately but I would have been literally 4 weeks to the day. (5 weeks by dates) so I just figured I was further along. But you have definitely reassured me. I've only a week and a half till I'm back in and they will scan me then so I'll just try relax. Plus symptoms are definitely there which is reassuring too.
    Thanks guys. Xx

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Dreamstar on each of my 4 previous pregnancies they put my dates back a week! So obviously these things can happen. For the first time ever I was bang on dates this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

I have my first hospital appt on 28th December; work will definitely be suspicious as I'm meant to be working that day (along with 27th & 29th).

I have the harmony test booked for later this week (11 weeks), getting nervous about what that will say.

Morning sickness has eased off a little thankfully, so I can finally eat something that almost resembles a real meal.
    Food still doesn't agree with me but at least I can eat a bit.

I rang the Aislinn Suite on 0214920550 and tbh that woman didn't really listen to me and wasn't very helpful but she transferred me to the high risk clinic and the woman there was very nice and said she'd be sort it out and ring me back which in fairness she did with the two dates. I just keep thinking how long I'd have been waiting otherwise to no end coz they'd "lost" all trace of me! I would definitely ring them Goldenlady for the reassurance in case the same has happened with you! This thing of having to be "accepted" into the high risk clinic is weird too, I had been told I would automatically be. Feels like I'm joining a cult or something!

Thanks Mel, I rang them and it seems I have a dating scan on the 27th I never got the letter!!! So im in then and again on Jan 9th! she said I am classed as high risk! Ill take it from there! thanks again wouldn't have thought of ringing, just thought it was a back log!

Thanks Mel, I rang them and it seems I have a dating scan on the 27th I never got the letter!!! So im in then and again on Jan 9th! she said I am classed as high risk! Ill take it from there! thanks again wouldn't have thought of ringing, just thought it was a back log!

Oh that's good, I'm glad you got sorted. It's good that you know you are definitely high risk so hopefully care will improve a bit from here on in. I wonder why I have to wait to be "accepted". I don't have a lot of confidence in Cumh at the moment, my oh says he is going to have war with them over the incompetence when we go up there next week. As if I'm not stressed enough!

Oh that's good, I'm glad you got sorted. It's good that you know you are definitely high risk so hopefully care will improve a bit from here on in. I wonder why I have to wait to be "accepted". I don't have a lot of confidence in Cumh at the moment, my oh says he is going to have war with them over the incompetence when we go up there next week. As if I'm not stressed enough!

Mine was saying the same, think Ill sneak up there on my own! He was asking how they can lose letters etc. It is what it is. No point losing ill, Ill try calm him before then!
    its quite disappointing though how bad the service is. This is my first, I haven't a clue what |I am supposed to do. If it wasn't for support from boards or other apps I would be in the dark completely..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Newlymrs

Does anyone here use the what to expect app? Ive been using it since I found out I was pregnant (due 17th July going by lmc) but I dunno is it making me more anxious, in the community bit theres loads on about missed miscarriage and how they only found out at scan, no symptoms just cramps. I've had cramping, no spotting or anything like that thank god, but mild period craps on & off, I have no sickness so far, I do have some nausea which seems to be worse if I leave too long between meals or let myself go hungry, I have Dolly Parton boobs which are quite sore, hormones all over the shop & I could sleep for Ireland. So bascially that feckin app has me driven demented - is it just me? We have booked a private scan Sat week & I think it will never arrive just to have peace of mind, glad we are doing that now coz the doc told me hospital wont see me til 13 weeks, I would be a jittery mess at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Newlymrs I deleted that app for same reason. The board is not helpful and causes unnecessary stress

I use ovia for little updates but don't go near the boards. I stick here or I'm on a FB group (for may)

Also I think it was very American which I found off putting

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

sorry to butt in, in this a pregnancy group on facebook? How do you find one? I'd be interested in one for March

• Advertisement

Newlymrs I don't have that app but if it is stressing you out definitely delete it. Theres nothing worse than listening to negativity. The early scan will be reassurance. Just try relax till then. I know it's easier said than done. I still get super nervous all the time!

Advertisement