Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mano79

OMG the tiredness has hit - like a sledge hammer :(

Only 19 minutes left in work today but I'm not sure I can make it through lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

My doctor signed me off sick the last 2 weeks cos I was just floored with the nausea. Thankfully it’s not as bad this week so I’m back in work but the combination of early mornings, general tiredness and a toddler after work have me completely exhausted. Can’t believe it’s only Tuesday! Think I’ll be going to bed with the toddler tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

jadie wrote: »
    sorry to butt in, in this a pregnancy group on facebook? How do you find one? I'd be interested in one for March

Hi Jadie

I was on rollercoaster.ie when I found out I was pregnant. They have threads for each month but most then move onto a Facebook group. Usually they are secret FB groups. I'm sure other pregnancy websites do them. Once they move onto FB, the thread on rollercoaster.ie kinda becomes redundant

Below is link for March. I'm sure if you join up you could PM on rollercoaster.ie to be added to group. There are about 70 on my may group and it's a great resource

https://www.rollercoaster.ie/Discussions/tabid/119/ForumThread/141509886/Default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

I did have the what to expect app but also deleted it for that reason. Not one positive, exciting thing on it!

I have the mother of all head colds...usually at this stage id be making my way through Sudafed etc so I'm finding it hard trying to shift it naturally. Any suggestions? I'm filling myself with oranges, strawberries, smoothies etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Awww GeeG hope you feel better soon. I think rest and plenty of fluids is in order.
    Cakerbaker you poor thing - the nausea must have been really bad. Mine is worst at night time. I'm still on maternity leave so at least I'm home during the day but some days with my 9 month old are super hard. Today was one of those days. :-( Wondering will it be easier when I'm back in work. And I can't even tell anyone I'm feeling crap coz nobody knows I'm pregnant yet. So I've just got him to bed and I'm snuggled up here myself. Ready to start it all again tomorrow.
    Can't wait for the first trimester to be over!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Gee_G wrote: »
    I did have the what to expect app but also deleted it for that reason. Not one positive, exciting thing on it!

I have the mother of all head colds...usually at this stage id be making my way through Sudafed etc so I'm finding it hard trying to shift it naturally. Any suggestions? I'm filling myself with oranges, strawberries, smoothies etc.

Have a look at the last couple of pages of the Jan 2018 thread. There was someone asking the same on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

Newlymrs wrote: »
    Does anyone here use the what to expect app? Ive been using it since I found out I was pregnant (due 17th July going by lmc) but I dunno is it making me more anxious, in the community bit theres loads on about missed miscarriage and how they only found out at scan, no symptoms just cramps. I've had cramping, no spotting or anything like that thank god, but mild period craps on & off, I have no sickness so far, I do have some nausea which seems to be worse if I leave too long between meals or let myself go hungry, I have Dolly Parton boobs which are quite sore, hormones all over the shop & I could sleep for Ireland. So bascially that feckin app has me driven demented - is it just me? We have booked a private scan Sat week & I think it will never arrive just to have peace of mind, glad we are doing that now coz the doc told me hospital wont see me til 13 weeks, I would be a jittery mess at that stage.

I just wanted to say that I have been having cramps from very early on, I’m 16+2 now and still getting them. I’ve had 4 scans to date and everything has been perfect. I asked the consultant again at my last appointment last week if it was normal and she said some people had cramps the whole way through. I know how hard it is not to worry about them, I still do myself on and off. I just keep telling myself that it’s due to everything growing and moving and reminding myself that everything has gone fine to date despite all the cramps.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Actually I had a babycentre app on my second and I deleted it.I thought it was driving me mad, but glad to hear it wasn't just me.The final straw came with a post from a woman who terminated at 20 weeks and posted a photo of the baby (in the UK).I couldn't handle it any more, I was so stressed by it, and it was my second pregnancy so I had a good idea of how it would all go.First time round I had stayed well away from discussion boards on it and tried to ignore the weekly emails with info on 'symptoms' and 'problems'.This time round I have Ovia too, just notifies me of how many weeks I am and that's it.I learned the hard way first time round to simply cut myself off from google, and only to worry if there was something that was obviously wrong (like blood) and to take myself to the hospital in that situation rather than waiting or googling.Best thing I ever decided.There's enough to worry about in pregnancy without having the added noise of the internet too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,592 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Hi ladies. Good to be following along with you all.

I'm very reassured that everyone seems to feel the same anxieties in the first trimester.

Here's a thing I find hard: no symptom days. Yesterday I had sore breasts, sore back, constant nausea, vagina ache (!), exhaustion.

Then today: nothing.

I prefer the days when I feel awful because then I know I am still pregnant!

Does anyone else suffer this???

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

I'm very reassured that everyone seems to feel the same anxieties in the first trimester.

Here's a thing I find hard: no symptom days. Yesterday I had sore breasts, sore back, constant nausea, vagina ache (!), exhaustion.

I had one day about two weeks ago with no symptoms. It left me well enough to get anxious and upset over the Harmony test I'll be getting later this week.(!) - I had no nausea to distract me! Quickly went back to daily naseau though :-p

• Advertisement

Yes mystery Egg, I've had a few of those days that made me wonder alright!! I was the same on my first though... I didn't believe it properly until the scan haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Yes I freak out on those no symptom days too. I complain constantly when I feel sick/tired/achy but really I find it all reassuring and prefer it to feeling nothing. :-/

Has anyone else on this thread had the Harmony test yet?
    I'm getting nervous about it, booked into Merrion Fetal Health. Curious to know how long the results are taking i.e.will we know by Xmas(!)

Has anyone else on this thread had the Harmony test yet?
    I'm getting nervous about it, booked into Merrion Fetal Health. Curious to know how long the results are taking i.e.will we know by Xmas(!)
    Sorry I haven't a clue as I'm not getting it done. It's just a blood test I think so I can't imagine it would take that long. I'm sure if you give them a call they will let you know. Good luck.

Think I'm getting a full on chest infection with this cold!! May have to pay a visit to doc on call to get antibiotic which I didn't really want to but I've such a hectic time in the lead up to Christmas that I can't take any time off. Oh I'm full of the joys today haha

dreamstar wrote: »
    Sorry I haven't a clue as I'm not getting it done. It's just a blood test I think so I can't imagine it would take that long. I'm sure if you give them a call they will let you know. Good luck.

Thank Dreamstar. Since it's analysing the baby's DNA in your blood it takes a bit longer than the average blood test (like Full Blood Count etc).

I got my test today, result should be back in 7 to 10 working days. So...Maybe by Xmas. God I hope it's all clear. Had a scan too as I hadn't been scanned before now.

.... BOTH babies are doing well , good measurements and heartbeats.

Yep - TWINS. Still letting it sink in.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Oh wow! That's so exciting! Congrats !!

quote="NotTotallySure;105560698"]Thank Dreamstar. Since it's analysing the baby's DNA in your blood it takes a bit longer than the average blood test (like Full Blood Count etc).

I got my test today, result should be back in 7 to 10 working days. So...Maybe by Xmas. God I hope it's all clear. Had a scan too as I hadn't been scanned before now.

.... BOTH babies are doing well , good measurements and heartbeats.

Yep - TWINS. Still letting it sink in.[/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Congrats NotTotallySure, that's so lovely.

Still trying to get my head around it - I was almost getting to grips with the idea of a single baby. Twins is going to take me a few more weeks, lol.

Two of us were looking at the ultrasound screen waiting for the double image to focus into one, not understanding that the picture was perfect! Then the sonographer told us what we we're looking at. Life is gonna change hugely!

Oh my God!! !! Congratulations! Fantastic news. Lucky they did the scan so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭brokensoul

Still trying to get my head around it - I was almost getting to grips with the idea of a single baby. Twins is going to take me a few more weeks, lol.

Two of us were looking at the ultrasound screen waiting for the double image to focus into one, not understanding that the picture was perfect! Then the sonographer told us what we we're looking at. Life is gonna change hugely!

Congrats! Once you get over the shock, twins are the best thing EVER :-)

My two are 17 months now and though it is full on it is such great fun.

Feel free to PM me if I can answer any questions or whatever.

Huge congrats!! Double the fun x

brokensoul wrote: »
    Congrats! Once you get over the shock, twins are the best thing EVER :-)

My two are 17 months now and though it is full on it is such great fun.

Feel free to PM me if I can answer any questions or whatever.

Thanks Brokensoul. I think we both got about an hours sleep last night as the shock settled in. Between us we know nobody with twins so we will need lots of advice from people who are doing it

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

Omg congratulations! Twins!

How is everyone feeling? I just have one more week before we tell family. We've decided to tell them Xmas day. Will be 10 weeks then. Have my first hospital appointment on Wednesday. Excited to see Babs and just hoping all ok.
    I'm defo feeling pregnant. Constant nausea all day but really bad going to bed at night. And boobs are killing me.

How are you guys? When are you planning to tell people?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

I’m 11 weeks today. We told immediate family a few weeks ago and a few very close friends (had a night out and there was no way I was going to be able to hide it with the way I was feeling).

I’ve also told my manager and the other girl in my team in work. At least now the know why I’ve been an unproductive zombie for the last while!

The way I look at it is there are certain people I’d tell if something went wrong so I’m happy for them to know early on.

I’m 12 weeks on Christmas Day! Love it!!!

I have told my family and friends. I have my scan tomorrow so please God all is fine and everybody can know then. I'm 12 weeks on Thursday. Can not wait to tell my little boy.

Feeling ok overall, very tired and I suddenly seem to be suffering with travel sickness....great!! But overall I have no major complaints

We're planning to tell my family on Xmas Eve, and his family a day or two later. I'm 11.5 weeks now.

Private scan last week gave us more than we bargained for(!) and we're still processing that news.

I had a wonderful night out on Fri with my husband, really enjoyed it. Spent a lie in on Sat for tiredness and then Sun wasn't great. I can't find the balance between hunger and nausea!

First hospital scan tomorrow, it's been brought forward a couple weeks for the twin clinic before Xmas.

Today I have to let my boss know the change in my news and appointment, though I told her our singleton news a couple wks ago as I was so sick and missed a few days. People think I'm on a diet as I've lost so much weight in my face, and I was thin to begin with.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

Had my booking appointment and scan today. All well and public clinic in holles street seems a lot calmer than I remembered! Attending midwives after this. Delighted to be able to spill the beans at last! It's such a long 12 weeks! Doc commented that i have a good belly already. What every woman wants to hear ....not!

• Advertisement

Awww it's so exciting! I can't wait to let my family know. Especially coz I'm feeling so crap. I can stop hiding it. Although my tummy has already popped out a bit. Just from bloating as opposed to actual bump but I'm so self conscious.

Advertisement