Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2018 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Thanks everyone for your good wishes for my scan yesterday.
    Unfortunately it's not good news. Baby's heartbeat had stopped some time last week.
    We are completely heartbroken.

I was so consumed with my blood clotting condition and so worried it would cause a problem again and it turns out it wasn't even that this time. Apparently there was a chromosomal abnormality which would have meant if the pregnancy had continued, we would've had a very sick baby. Small consolation.

They gave me a tablet today and I have to go into hospital on Thursday to get more and go through labour. Nothing has happened yet but it's so frightening and I honestly can't believe I'm back here again. I'm still in shock.

Sorry to bring the thread down and I genuinely wish all of you all the best with your pregnancies and babies.

Oh god, my heart is broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Mondo123

Oh MelanieC that is absolutely heart breaking for you, I'm genuinely so so sorry to hear that. There are no words. Please take care of yourself and let yourself grieve x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 769 ✭✭✭annoyedgal

I'm so so sorry to hear that MelanieC, hope you get lots of rest and support through this heart breaking time, there's no words at all for such a tough time, thinking of you and wishing you all the best X

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

Oh :-(
    So so sorry.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

Melanie sending you all the love in the world. This an awful time for you. Hang in there. We will all be thinking of you. Be very very gentle with yourself xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

MelanieC, I am so so sorry to hear your news. Some things in life are just not fair!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭NotTotallySure

MelanieC, I'm so sorry to hear that. It's devastating.
    Take care of yourself <3<3

I got my Harmony results - low risk thankfully (1 in 10,000 for Downs, Edwards & Patau). I cried my eyes out, even before I got off the phone. I can't express the relief I feel.

We are having two little girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭dreamstar

Melanie I'm so so sorry. I've been there- getting that news at a scan is just devastating. Talk when you need, cry when you need and look after each other. You will get through this. XxX

Nottotallysure that's great news. Congratulations!

Toots wrote: »
    dreamstar wrote: »
    Yeah Toots they certainly don't make it easy. We were over the threshold too - even though my hubby isn't on mega money but I eventually got one. And they renewed it for me last year without me requesting it. Couldn't believe it when I got it in the post. So my current one runs out in July. Good timing I guess.
    How long did you get yours for? I don't know if mine will be renewed again. I'd be shocked if it was.

I think I got mine for 3 years or so. It runs out in April so I don't know if I have to reapply or what happens. The medication is one I'll most likely be on for the rest of my life, so I assume that's why the card lasted so long.
    Well I only got one year and they automatically sent me another without me reapplying. So same might happen for you. Hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭cookiecakes

MelanieC I’m so sorry. I’ve been in the same boat and it’s heartbreaking. I don’t think there’s anything anyone Said that made me feel better so I won’t even try. I just wanted to be sad and angry at the world. Look after yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mano79

MelanieC Im so sorry to see your update what a devastating thing to happen. Please take time to yourself as I know the pain this news brings

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mano79

Fab news NotTotallySure you must be so relieved
    I got my Harmony results - low risk thankfully (1 in 10,000 for Downs, Edwards & Patau). I cried my eyes out, even before I got off the phone. I can't express the relief I feel.

We are having two little girls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

I'm so sorry to hear that MelanieC. Look after yourself and take the time to grieve x

So had my first appointment today. All went really well. So strange being there again so quickly. Scan showed good heartbeat and baby moving around. So I don't have to go back for 12 weeks! Which seems like ages. But I have a 12 week scan in January.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Goldenlady

MelanieC,

I am so so so sorry to hear your news, you poor thing. Its just heartbreaking for ye both. Please mind yourself and cry, shout, roar do whatever you need to do, let it all out. Thinking of you x

Hi ladies, just wondering if any of you are showing yet? This is my first pregnancy, 11.5 weeks and the jeans are alright getting tight not cause of babe but because of my diet being so bad with sickness etc already up 9lbs! just wondering where to get half decent maternity wear that fingers crossed I be needing.. thanks

Mondo123 wrote: »
    Hi ladies, just wondering if any of you are showing yet? This is my first pregnancy, 11.5 weeks and the jeans are alright getting tight not cause of babe but because of my diet being so bad with sickness etc already up 9lbs! just wondering where to get half decent maternity wear that fingers crossed I be needing.. thanks

I’ve been showing for weeks!!! Am living in the same few dresses cos my jeans are all too tight. Last time I found debenhams good, they were a bit pricey but got a few staples like jeans and a work skirt there. New Look and H&M were a bit cheaper. I also found ASOS great, they’ve a clearance section and I found a good few nice bits there. I pretty much lived in dresses/ skirts and leggings as I was pregnant in autumn / winter. For tops I just bought big sizes in Dunnes and Penny’s. A lot of shops only do their maternity ranges online which is a bit of a pain.

Mondo123 wrote: »

I'm just over 12 weeks now and not sure if I'm showing at all. So far my jeans are still grand as they fit low on the hips, but my dresses & skirts are all quite fitted and didn't feel comfortable when I tried them on a couple days again (think my waist has widened).

For anyone who has gone through this before, does it seem like it just happens overnight - will I wake up one day and realise I shouldve shopped for bigger sizes sooner?!

Way too many people have asked me if I'm well as I've lost a lot of weight in my face. Still down about 5lbs on my normal weight and trying my best to eat 5 smalls meals a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I didn’t buy maternity jeans until after 24 weeks. I just wore my normal jeans with a hair bobble to close them and got some long vest tops to go under my normal tops

• Advertisement

bee06 wrote: »
    I didn’t buy maternity jeans until after 24 weeks. I just wore my normal jeans with a hair bobble to close them and got some long vest tops to go under my normal tops

I'd love if I got away that long with it. Must remember to buy some hair bobbles at least (my hair is too short to need them)!

I'm a little worried I'll go to put on clothes for work after Christmas, which will be 15 weeks, and find these two have really become noticeable.
    Would certainly take away the need to "tell" work if it just becomes obvious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

I'd love if I got away that long with it. Must remember to buy some hair bobbles at least (my hair is too short to need them)!

I'm a little worried I'll go to put on clothes for work after Christmas, which will be 15 weeks, and find these two have really become noticeable.
    Would certainly take away the need to "tell" work if it just becomes obvious.

Well with twins it will probably be a bit quicker but you always have the excuse of overindulgence during Christmas! Some loose tops will cover the initial bump as well I would say.

I could go the opposite way and wear tight fitted clothes after Christmas, see who challenges me first on eating all the Quality Street :pac:

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

On my first,14 weeks I hit desperation.Trousers fit still, but sitting in work after lunch I couldn't take it, the button got way too tight.I made the mistake of not ordering stuff til 13 weeks (because honestly its all online now) and I as very, very uncomfortable for a couple of weeks until it arrived.
    Shops that have mat jeans in them are H&M, some Penneys, Topshop (grafton st anyway), JoJomamanbebe, mothercare and that's about it.New Look used to have some, but I don't know if they still do.Otherwise pretty much everything is online ....GAP, New Look, Topshop, Asos all have large selections and then there are the maternity clothes only ones-Seraphine, Isabelle Oliver, Mothercare, Jojomamanbebe and the like.Depends what your budget is and what you're looking for.

On my last pregnancy my tummy grew more from bloating around this time. And it's the same now. Tummy is definitely rounder but it's just bloating. Weight still the same. I didn't start properly showing until close to 20 weeks last time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Kaylami

I've showed earlier each time. I assume it's because my stomach muscles can't hold it in anymore 😂

Nearly 13 weeks here and a noticeable bump I'd say is 40% bloat but just a perfectly round bump. No weight gain anywhere else where as on the girls I exploded outwards everywhere.

I feel massive! Not bump as such more weight gain all over but it is down to poor diet. Hoping I can rein it in next trimester. Doing the bobble on jeans trick alright an it helps, tops to cover the boobs tho are my prob all my tops are too tight! Will take a look online an will hopefully shape up a bit more in new year with diet and exercise. Well not shape up more but be in more control of weight gain! Thanks ladies

Mondo don't worry. Once you get your energy back it gets easier to get the walks in and prepare healthy food. I'm finding it hard to eat well too. The thoughts of vegetables turn my stomach.

dreamstar wrote: »
    Mondo don't worry. Once you get your energy back it gets easier to get the walks in and prepare healthy food. I'm finding it hard to eat well too. The thoughts of vegetables turn my stomach.

Am so relieved to know I’m not the only one who can’t face vegetables. Can manage the odd bit of fruit but apart from that it’s cereal, pastries, and crap junk food. I usually eat quite healthily and don’t much junk / processed food. Can’t wait for this phase to end!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,883 ✭✭✭MelanieC

Hi all,
    I hope ye don't mind me popping back in. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone for the kind words, they really helped because even though my husband and family are very good, nevertheless it is a very lonely time. So thanks again, I appreciate it.

Lying in hospital at the moment and it's all over. Did it all myself in the end without medication or d&c and relatively pain free so that was something. Was so hard to see my little baba, fully formed even down to its' perfect little fingers but knowing he/she would've been so unwell makes it a little easier.

It's going to be a tough Christmas, that's for sure. The first baby I lost would've been due on new years eve and now this. No time for moping though coz we will have to make it just as fun and exciting as ever for our five year old.

Best of luck to you all and thanks again for the support.

Mel.

Advertisement