Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O'Connell's/Synotts Newtown what's going on?

• 30-10-2017 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭

Anybody know what's going on at O'Connell's/Synotts in Newtown Annacotty? Its been shut for over a week, looks to be a lot of work going on there. Is there a change of use or new owners? Always a handy place for food but needed a face lift lately. Staff were always sound in my experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

I was in there last Sunday for breakfast. They had a sign on the door saying closing from the 23rd for 3-4 weeks for renovations.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Jose Maria

Had a sneaky look in the window, looks like the bar will be a square bar as you walk in instead of the long bar

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Kalel

Might be "The Tap House" Bar.. Popped up on FaceBook:
    https://www.facebook.com/taphouselimerick/
    Can't imagine where else it could be out there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Kalel wrote: »
    Might be "The Tap House" Bar.. Popped up on FaceBook:
    https://www.facebook.com/taphouselimerick/
    Can't imagine where else it could be out there

Full page advert, says Newtown Annacotty. That's it alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭the_blackstuff

That whole area has got a face lift lately. Is the whole building own by the people who own the building housing the shops opposite it and just leased out indiviually?

• Advertisement

I think they are different owners, Dolores Mcnamaras son owns Newtown Center since last year and Ken O Connell owns the bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Jose Maria wrote: »
    I think they are different owners, Dolores Mcnamaras son owns Newtown Center since last year and Ken O Connell owns the bar

Okay her son, you're right. I guess I always see anything the family takes on to be really her money from the big win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Jose Maria wrote: »

I was sure Tony Enright owns that bar....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Is this the son with more history than the Hunt museum that drives onto pitches while kids are training and jumps out of upstairs windows cause he thinks the mafia are after him?....... Solid 10/10 tosser.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Spudgun

Tefral wrote: »
    I was sure Tony Enright owns that bar....
    he opened the bar but sold it on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭boosabum

Yeah, Ken O Connell owns it alright along with the old quarter and a car place on the dock road i think.
    Regularly go there for food, be interesting to see what its like in it's reincarnation. Hopefully it doesn't over price itself

Mango Joe wrote: »
    Is this the son with more history than the Hunt museum that drives onto pitches while kids are training and jumps out of upstairs windows cause he thinks the mafia are after him?....... Solid 10/10 tosser.
    Ya that's him, I thought he made a balls of it first, he put up the rents and drove most of the businesses out, a lot of the shops were empty for months, but they're all filled up now with new businesses and the place has just got a paint job, it's looking well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

Jaysus there is no sinners among us, irish begrudgery is alive and well in 2017 :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

Jaysus there is no sinners among us, irish begrudgery is alive and well in 2017 :):):)

He drove around a GAA pitch full of kids in a temper cause he didn't like where the parents parked.

He has other history..... Look up the actual meaning of begrudgery......

And I said he had it looking well, i don't give a ****e what he does in his spare time

Advertisement