Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debit card limit while abroad?

Options
  • 30-10-2017 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,
    I want to buy a car abroad and I am concerned about transaction limits. If I use my BOI debit card at a POS in the UK for a transaction that does not exceed available funds in my current account is this OK or is there a transaction limit? The transaction will be for £6,500 (or it's equivalent in Euro). My account has more than this in it's available balance. Will this be OK?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

ev612337 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I want to buy a car abroad and I am concerned about transaction limits. If I use my BOI debit card at a POS in the UK for a transaction that does not exceed available funds in my current account is this OK or is there a transaction limit? The transaction will be for £6,500 (or it's equivalent in Euro). My account has more than this in it's available balance. Will this be OK?
    Hi ev612337,

Thanks for your post.

Yes you can use your Visa Debit card up to the available funds in your account. If you are planning to use your card abroad, please give a travel note through 365 Online Service Desk. Just to mention there are cross border fees when using your card outside of the Eurozone. This is 2% of the transaction value at a maximum of €11.43 per transaction. Please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement