Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stroller weight limits

Options
  • 31-10-2017 7:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I am looking for the weight limits on the below strollers! I am finding different info on American sites vs uk sites.
    Baby jogger city mini gt
    Baby jogger city mini
    Baby jogger city mini lite
    Out n about nipper 360
    Out n about little nipper 360
    :)
    Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Millem wrote: »
    Hi all,
    I am looking for the weight limits on the below strollers! I am finding different info on American sites vs uk sites.
    Baby jogger city mini gt
    Baby jogger city mini
    Out n about nipper 360
    Thanks a million

I know the nipper says the max load is 22kg on the website. BUT it also says the max load for the double is 22kg per seat. On the box of my double, it said the max weight was 15kg/seat though- so I wonder is the single the same? I only copped the difference a good while after we started using it, when I was bringing the box to the recycling centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

jlm29 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    Baby jogger city mini gt
    Baby jogger city mini
    Out n about nipper 360
    Thanks a million

I know the nipper says the max load is 22kg on the website. BUT it also says the max load for the double is 22kg per seat. On the box of my double, it said the max weight was 15kg/seat though- so I wonder is the single the same? I only copped the difference a good while after we started using it, when I was bringing the box to the recycling centre.
    It's so weird isn't it? That's exactly what I have found when looking up the buggies!
    The gt says 65lbs on site but on amazon it says 22.8kg which is less. The city mini says 5olbs on site which would be around 22.8kgs!

I am looking at getting a buggy to leave permanently in car suitable for newborn-heavy small person! My 3 year old sometimes still likes to go in a buggy but weighs 20kg!

15kg is no use to me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

It's so weird isn't it? That's exactly what I have found when looking up the buggies!
    The gt says 65lbs on site but on amazon it says 22.8kg which is less. The city mini says 5olbs on site which would be around 22.8kgs!

I am looking at getting a buggy to leave permanently in car suitable for newborn-heavy small person! My 3 year old sometimes still likes to go in a buggy but weighs 20kg!

15kg is no use to me :(

I seem to remember reading that the Americans test to higher limits than here. It’s not that they aren’t suitable, it’s just that they haven’t been tested in Europe to the same limits

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I use an XSS that I got from Mothercare, which has turned out to be one of the best purchases we've made. It folds up tiny, so small that we can bring it onto the plane, so that means that it hardly takes up any room in a boot.

It's only tested up to 15kgs though, but I'm pretty sure that we'll be using it up until three years. It's not suitable for a new born though, I think we started using it around 6 months old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

CatInABox wrote: »
    I use an XSS that I got from Mothercare, which has turned out to be one of the best purchases we've made. It folds up tiny, so small that we can bring it onto the plane, so that means that it hardly takes up any room in a boot.

It's only tested up to 15kgs though, but I'm pretty sure that we'll be using it up until three years. It's not suitable for a new born though, I think we started using it around 6 months old.

My lad is 3 in January and only 11.5kg. He's a skinny, long lad!

• Advertisement

Any idea on what is a really good price for city mini, city mini gt or out n about nipper?
    Cheapest I found was £195 for city mini, £305 for gt......haven't found any good deals on out n about yet :(
    I think gt might be best option.

I seem to remember reading that the Americans test to higher limits than here. It’s not that they aren’t suitable, it’s just that they haven’t been tested in Europe to the same limits

I read this too earlier on. The Americans test until the strollers fall apart, where Europeans test to 15kg.

Rang bella baby. They said they only test to 15kg in uk and ireland. In USA they test to higher limits. It's the exact same stroller though you are buying.
    I am going to try and look at all 3 tomorrow in the flesh!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Our running buggy (BOB Ironman) is tested to 70lbs in the US and has a suspension setting for that weight, but is only certified to 22kg in the UK.

I've seen pics in the Baby Jogger UK FB group of someone using a City Mini for a 5 year old with disabilities so it's pretty sturdy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

I have a city mini GT and it is fantastic. I think the weight limit is 22kg but I honestly reckon it would take my weight! I paid about €359 for mine but that was about 3 years ago. We got ours in Mothercare when they were doing a special evening event. I think they were over €400 at the time. They are incredibly sturdy and hard wearing. I've taken it over some pretty rough terrain and it's still as good as new.

• Advertisement

Ncmc did you use it for a newborn? I must Suss our mothercare!

Millem, I bought it for my daughter when she was about 5 months. I used it for my son from birth as I was just refusing to buy a new buggy! It does recline all the way back, but their head might wobble a bit if you were on very rough ground. In hindsight I would have bought a little insert or something to protect the head. You can also get adaptors so you can clip your maxi cosi straight on to it.

ncmc wrote: »
    Millem, I bought it for my daughter when she was about 5 months. I used it for my son from birth as I was just refusing to buy a new buggy! It does recline all the way back, but their head might wobble a bit if you were on very rough ground. In hindsight I would have bought a little insert or something to protect the head. You can also get adaptors so you can clip your maxi cosi straight on to it.

I got a diono head hugger thingy for my out n about for my newborn!

Bella baby said buy footmuff and clevamama head support. They recommended baby jogger footmuff as you can fold it down with footmuff on. Ncmc do you use a footmuff?

Bella baby said buy footmuff and clevamama head support. They recommended baby jogger footmuff as you can fold it down with footmuff on. Ncmc do you use a footmuff?

Yes, I bought one on eBay for about €40 which is about half the RRP, it works really well and the one hand fold still works perfectly with the footmuff in place.

I looked at city mini and gt version. Am going to for normal city mini just because it’s about 2kg lighter and it’s smaller in depth when folded ;) I just want it for the car or for granny’s. I use my bugaboo for walking to monte etc. I prefer the wheels on gt and if it was my main buggy I would get it ;)

My next question is footmuffs....only saw black one in
    Person. I am going to get steel
    Grey buggy (based on price!) From online pictures the footmuffs look very shiny?? Would anyone recommend a particular colour?
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Millem we have the city mini and my fella who is the same age as yours still goes in it fine :) Had it since he was a few months old and still going strong, and it's a dream to fold and store. We have the black footmuff but I have to say, every bit of dirt showed up on it (from biccies, bananas etc) and I was washing it constantly. Grey sounds like a much better option!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Also, I got my footmuff for €30 on amazon (special offer I think?) and used a Diono head rest for the next baby when she was born. Newest baby went in it with no headrest :o and was fine without it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I just used a basic John Lewis universal footmuff last year on my City Mini that I got for £10 on eBay, but my son is too tall for it this year so I have a secondhand Kaiser winter one on the way.

I used my City Mini from 4 weeks with my son - he's always been very comfortable in it.

Thanks guys! I ordered everything last week! I got the footmuff in steel grey, city mini in Steel grey and raincover (not official baby jogger one) for €275! Well actually a little bit less because I got extra top up credit free :)
    I wanted the hole in the footmuff for folding so got the baby jogger one! Can’t wait for it to arrive !!!

• Advertisement

The city mini arrived! Well all I can say I can say is lifechanging ;) no more bringing buggy from house to the car. I used it today for the first time going to the supermarket. Good basket too :) Love it. It’s staying the car so really will only be used for shops etc can’t comment yet on what it is like on paths etc! Much better to push than a MacLaren :)

Advertisement