Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPC Loop Den Haag 11.3.2018

Options
  • 31-10-2017 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭

Might be some interest for some in this if looking for a fast Spring Half Marathon, it has been the stage for 3 men's Half Marathon World records in the past with the current course record standing at 58.33 ran by the great Sammi Wanjiru. Cheap flights to Amsterdam and half hour then via train to The Hague.

http://www.nncpcloopdenhaag.nl/

Edit: the date of the thread should read the 11.3.2018, if a mod could edit it please.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I was just looking at this yesterday actually. Nice cheap as chips entry too, much cheaper than Berlin I think.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Clashes with Ballyc.... never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭hot buttered scones

adrian522 wrote:
    Clashes with Ballyc.... never mind.

Fills the gap nicely I would think.....

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭charkee

going to sign up for this one.

close to Amsterdam transport wise.

heard good reports.

quite popular HM for London marathon entrants.

oops

just spotted the link up already!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,365 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

merged threads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

Anyone else running this?

I am heading over with three running mates.

charkee wrote: »
    I am heading over with three running mates.

Trim go the way you wanted? What’s the target?

Following elites confirmed as starting on 11th of March:

Stephen Kibet(Kenya) - 58.54
    Kenneth Kipkemoi(Kenya) - 59.01
    Leonard Langat(Kenya) - 59.18
    Vincent Rono(Kenya) - 59.27

Might give them a run for there money, all depends on conditions on the day!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

OOnegative wrote: »
    Anyone else running this?
    I'm not but about 40 from Sligo heading over for it.

I'm not but about 40 from Sligo heading over for it.

Ireland will be well represented so.

-14 real feel here in The Hague today but currently giving temps of 8 degrees for race day with sun and little or no wind. Now hopefully it will stay that way.

my gang of 4 are looking forward to it

Weather has become very mild here since yesterday, first days this year i’ve ran in just a tshirt(sans base layer) and shorts. It was a balmy 12 degrees here yesterday. Hope everyone is good and on track for Sunday.

thanks for that .will we still need the heavy coat for sunday night?

charkee wrote: »
    thanks for that .will we still need the heavy coat for sunday night?

Not looking like it, might need the rain jacket though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭martyboy48

B through 5k in 20:03....

10k in 40:08.... Looking good. (40:31 would be pace for 1:25:29 HM)

15k in 1:00:31.... (1:00:47 for 1:25:29 HM)...

Going really, really well but getting into the business end of the race now...

• Advertisement

20k in 1:21:37..... (1:21:03 for 1:25:29 HM)....

Slowed a bit, dig in now B, nearly there.....

All done.... 1:26:11.... Fantastic result. I'm speechless...
    Enjoy the beers B, well deserved....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

From the Kilkenny Harriers facebook page.
    Kch legend Brian Maher has just broken the Irish o40s Half Marathon record by 44 seconds in the CPC Loop Den Haag, (The Hague Half Marathon) running an incredible 65.50 or 3.07 a km!! This goes with the collection after running the National o40s 5k record 4 weeks ago! Well done Brian!!

If any of ye are looking for a fast, flat half in a wonderful city that is cheap and handy to get to give this one a go. Great support out on the route, flat as you'll get and ran with typical Dutch efficiency. Big thanks to the Sligo crew(Dermot McDermott especially) that gave me a few shout outs on the route, 30 odd i think travelled. Get on it for 2019 lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 P.V.N.S.

If any of ye are looking for a fast, flat half in a wonderful city that is cheap and handy to get to give this one a go. Great support out on the route, flat as you'll get and ran with typical Dutch efficiency. Big thanks to the Sligo crew(Dermot McDermott especially) that gave me a few shout outs on the route, 30 odd i think travelled. Get on it for 2019 lads.

How did you get on? I hope they all behave tonight and get home for our own race next weekend :pac:

P.V.N.S. wrote: »
    How did you get on? I hope they all behave tonight and get home for our own race next weekend :pac:

Ah finished ahead & well behind your boys. They were looking forward to beer the couple I spoke to.

endorse previous comments,cracking race and event

the hague also a hidden treasure.good city with lots of bars and restaurants

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

P.V.N.S. wrote: »

Ah finished ahead & well behind your boys. They were looking forward to beer the couple I spoke to.
    Stop being so coy and chuck up your time there, fella. (Then we'll know whether we're to rip you to pieces or give you a clap on the back).

• Advertisement

Itziger wrote: »
    Stop being so coy and chuck up your time there, fella. (Then we'll know whether we're to rip you to pieces or give you a clap on the back).

HaHa, ya langball!!! 1.26.11 Itziger, can call me whatever you like, time i’m very happy with, for time being!

Advertisement