Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rotterdam marathon April 8th 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Itziger wrote: »
    Yeah but the predicted must be from gun time. He's not far off pb on Half time. Difficult I know, but...

No, I've taken gun time into account, I'm afraid.
    Krusty keeps slowing down more and more. He is now quite a bit behind DR. It must be really tough out there.

Looks like 2:35 for DR and 2:40 at best for Krusty. He'll be gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

Anyone have a link for the tracker for Rome too?

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

Krusty keeps slowing down more and more. He is now quite a bit behind DR. It must be really tough out there.

Unfortunately I agree. Not to be.

Reminds me I must go out myself and stop being lazy, 18m to do in preparation to Connemara Ultra in 2 weeks today (no tracker: hurray!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,016 ✭✭✭Itziger

Not His day obviously. I can almost feel the pain looking at those splits. Something gone wrong. The 66 Lad lad is bloody flying. Anyone know h8m? Healy keeping it steady.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Everyone seems to be suffering, Emmet Dunleavy also slowing

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

Kirwan similar has slipped off his 2.18 pace. Will only get worse as the temp's continue to rise I imagine

DR has a tendency of finishing marathon's very fast so don't be in absolute shock if he drops a very hard last 5k (IIRC he did similar last year)

Kirwan 1st Irish home 2.21.31 with Martin Hoare about to cross finishline shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Zico and healy also slowing, but looking like 2:37 and 3:09 respectively. Raycun is off the tracker after half way?

Dublin_runner home in 2:33:20

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Kurt.Godel

2:36:24 for Zico, not bad for a fat lad!

Singer wrote: »
    Dublin_runner home in 2:33:20

Not what he was hoping for but over a min off the PB none the less

Krusty in - 2:39:13

I was a little bit too pessimistic in my last assessment but he won't be happy with that time at all. So much work and then a disappointing result - that's the marathon for you.

Looks like asimonov is also off the tracker, before halfway. 66_lad gefinished in in 2:52:33 (quite the PB), healy is sprinting for a PB as I type but nowhere near planned race pace, boydkev blew up somewhere before the 30k timer, asrv blew up slightly after that, druss is also way off planned pace and quickfeet is a little over PB pace.

So basically unless your name is 66_lad, things haven't gone as well as planned :)

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

What's Dunleavys time lads?

What's Dunleavys time lads?

Looks like he stopped after 30k.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ASIMON0V

Yeah. Tough day here. Pulled out at 20k with knee problems. Was OK till then...but kinda sensed i was running towards trouble. Had a 7k limp of shame back to bag drop. Well done to all out here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

Crashed and burned, dropped out at 24k. It was warm. Not direct sunlight but warm.
    Which club is 66_lad with, there were a few Irish around.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Ah jasus, not you too Ray. Looks like a tough day all round alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I was a little bit too pessimistic in my last assessment but he won't be happy with that time at all. So much work and then a disappointing result - that's the marathon for you.
    Au contraire mon ami! I went for my aggressive target and held the pace for the first 9-10 miles, but not surprisingly, the injuries that have beleaguered me for the last 6 months were my eventual undoing. By half way, I knew the sub 2:30 was off the cards, so I reset my expectations and had the most enjoyable marathon experience of my running career. Hundreds of thousands of spectators came out for what felt like my testimonial and it was a blast. A pain- riddled blast, but great craic nonetheless. Time for a well needed marathon break, and set the horizons on a summer of track and shorter races. The next chapter begins.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

Delighted with today, went aggressive and didn't blow up which even surprised my wife! Having food and some vino to celebrate, are Irish boardsies heading to a pub ltr?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,517 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Paddy Murphy's in a couple of hours. Congrats on the PB! Plenty more to come!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭66_Lad

Paddy Murphy's in a couple of hours. Congrats on the PB! Plenty more to come!

Cheers Krusty, see ye there around 5, heading back to change first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Congrats 66Lad. That's how it's done!

This was always going to go one of two ways for me. Undertrained going into it and paid for it.
    But in my defence the phantom pain in my foot became very real at about halfway so I was favouring the outside of my foot which led to more issues later on. Then I stopped to help a guy in the park who had passed out. Amazing how many people just stepped over him. My race was as good as done so no harm being a good Samaritan. (I'm sure I'll be cursing the 10-15 minutes it cost me later tonight :) )

Sitting in the hotel in my post race 'Running Sucks' t-shirt getting the usual funny looks before heading to Burger King to make an absolute pig of myself

How many weeks to San Sebastian?......

Au contraire mon ami! I went for my aggressive target and held the pace for the first 9-10 miles, but not surprisingly, the injuries that have beleaguered me for the last 6 months were my eventual undoing. By half way, I knew the sub 2:30 was off the cards, so I reset my expectations and had the most enjoyable marathon experience of my running career. Hundreds of thousands of spectators came out for what felt like my testimonial and it was a blast. A pain- riddled blast, but great craic nonetheless. Time for a well needed marathon break, and set the horizons on a summer of track and shorter races. The next chapter begins.

Well, in that case ... well done and enjoy the beers! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭MrMacPhisto

Congrats 66Lad. That's how it's done!

This was always going to go one of two ways for me. Undertrained going into it and paid for it.
    But in my defence the phantom pain in my foot became very real at about halfway so I was favouring the outside of my foot which led to more issues later on. Then I stopped to help a guy in the park who had passed out. Amazing how many people just stepped over him. My race was as good as done so no harm being a good Samaritan. (I'm sure I'll be cursing the 10-15 minutes it cost me later tonight :) )

Sitting in the hotel in my post race 'Running Sucks' t-shirt getting the usual funny looks before heading to Burger King to make an absolute pig of myself

How many weeks to San Sebastian?......

Valencia is 34 weeks, trust me, you won't regret it :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Well done all, and commizzzzz's to Krusty and Ray. Bad luck lads. You will come again. So to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

Anyone know how Emmett is? Did he pull up?

• Advertisement

Anyone know how Emmett is? Did he pull up?

Just after 21 miles. No injuries thankfully.

Advertisement