Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir webmail account deleted?

Options
  • 31-10-2017 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have had an eircom.net email address for a long number of years now, and I access it regularly through the eir webpage.
    However, it now appears to be inactive - I can no longer login, and mails to my eircom.net address are bouncing.
    I was under the impression from your website details that it was only inactive accounts ie. those not accessed over the last 2 years that were to be deleted.
    I have accessed my account at least every 14 days - can you explain why this may now be deleted.
    I an anxious at least to retrieve some of the mails within my account.

Hope you can help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

gyppo wrote: »
    Hi,
    I have had an eircom.net email address for a long number of years now, and I access it regularly through the eir webpage.
    However, it now appears to be inactive - I can no longer login, and mails to my eircom.net address are bouncing.
    I was under the impression from your website details that it was only inactive accounts ie. those not accessed over the last 2 years that were to be deleted.
    I have accessed my account at least every 14 days - can you explain why this may now be deleted.

Hope you can help
    Hi there gyppo

Thanks for getting in touch.

I would suggest contacting the support team at 1890260260 or at wmsupport@eir.ie where they will be able to assist you with this.

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi,

Hope you can help
    Hi there gyppo

I would suggest contacting the support team at 1890260260 or at wmsupport@eir.ie where they will be able to assist you with this.

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle,
    I am not an existing Eir customer, so I cannot get past the IVR prompts on the number you supplied
    Will I get support on this issue at the email address if I do not have an account with Eir?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi,

Hope you can help
    Hi there gyppo

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle,
    I am not an existing Eir customer, so I cannot get past the IVR prompts on the number you supplied
    Will I get support on this issue at the email address if I do not have an account with Eir?
    Hi there gyppo

Thank you so much for the quick reply.  Try the email I suggest with all your information included and see what they can assist you with there.

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

Hi,

Hope you can help
    Hi there gyppo

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle,
    Hi there gyppo

Thank you so much for the quick reply.  Try the email I suggest with all your information included and see what they can assist you with there.

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle,

Apart from an automated reply from the wmsupport@eir.ie address, I have heard nothing, and at this stage I really don't have any expectation that anyone within Eir has the will to look into my issue.
    I think its very poor form that Eir advertise a campaign regarding dormant account deletion, wherein they clearly state they are targeting those not accessed in over 2 years, and then delete an account that is being accessed at least every 7-10 days.

I am very disappointed at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi,

Hope you can help
    Hi there gyppo

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle,
    Hi there gyppo

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle,

Apart from an automated reply from the wmsupport@eir.ie address, I have heard nothing, and at this stage I really don't have any expectation that anyone within Eir has the will to look into my issue.
    I think its very poor form that Eir advertise a campaign regarding dormant account deletion, wherein they clearly state they are targeting those not accessed in over 2 years, and then delete an account that is being accessed at least every 7-10 days.

I am very disappointed at this stage.
    I completely understand your frustration with this. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to investigate this issue from here. The timeframe on the relevant team to look into your query can be 10 working days, they will contact you back shortly. 

Apologies for the inconvenience caused. 

Thanks 

Tracey

• Advertisement
Advertisement