Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best location for vigin media hub with an archer c9

Options
  • 31-10-2017 11:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

Hi guys

Bit of a dilemma. . I have the following setup.
    Vigin media bb box on new coax feed from attic to sitting room.

I am adding a archer c9 in the next few days and I was thinking of the following.

Move the Virgin box to attic and use network cable to bring feed to archer box in sitting room the cable clutter is getting mad in sitting room.

Or would putting everything in attic be an alternative. ? I have 1 cat5e feed to sitting room.

Any ideas ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Hi guys

Bit of a dilemma. . I have the following setup.
    Vigin media bb box on new coax feed from attic to sitting room.

I am adding a archer c9 in the next few days and I was thinking of the following.

Move the Virgin box to attic and use network cable to bring feed to archer box in sitting room the cable clutter is getting mad in sitting room.

Or would putting everything in attic be an alternative. ? I have 1 cat5e feed to sitting room.

Any ideas ?

All depends on what the WiFI range is on the Archer. Would be worth trying it in the attic first and then move it downstairs if the wifi range isn't great

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Prefect_1998

All depends on what the WiFI range is on the Archer. Would be worth trying it in the attic first and then move it downstairs if the wifi range isn't great

Do you know of the Virgin media hub phone port works if I put it in bridge mode ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Do you know of the Virgin media hub phone port works if I put it in bridge mode ?

The phone port should still work in bridge mode

Advertisement