Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dolan TC1 - anyone have one?

Options
  • 31-10-2017 2:01pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looking at one and just wondering what the reviews are like. 10% off until midnight so just considering, but no rush as I am sure it will come about again. Any reason not to pick this over similarly priced track bikes?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

I haven't got one nor ridden one, but I have seen one in action, and it looked good!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,934 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

nee wrote: »
    and it looked good!

This is very important

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,422 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Had 2. First one lasted about 8 years mostly at Manchester velodrome but then the integrated seat post clamp gave way which meant the frame had to be scrapped. Apparently it's a known problem (according to the mechanic at the velodrome) but I understand the recent versions have been improved. Hence got a new TC1 frame but not got round to finishing building it up with the remnants of the old one yet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,848 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Beasty wrote: »
    Had 2. First one lasted about 8 years mostly at Manchester velodrome but then the integrated seat post clamp gave way which meant the frame had to be scrapped. Apparently it's a known problem (according to the mechanic at the velodrome) but I understand the recent versions have been improved. Hence got a new TC1 frame but not got round to finishing building it up with the remnants of the old one yet.

The TC1 are a new frame, they replace the track champions. They're only out a couple of years. It was the track champions that had the seat post clamp crack issue, they are no more.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,422 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

nee wrote: »
    they are no more.
    Mine certainly is (no more!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement