Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Exam qualified

• 31-10-2017 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭

Anyone ever go travel/living abroad and get experience while exam qualified? does CAI let you do this?

Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43 ACA2015

Do you mean does it entitle you to a Visa to the US like a graduate one? You say exam qualified and not qualified so do you mean collecting experience for qualification abroad after completing the FAEs?

ACA is pretty much a golden ticket for travel and working anywhere anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

ACA2015 wrote: »
    Do you mean does it entitle you to a Visa to the US like a graduate one? You say exam qualified and not qualified so do you mean collecting experience for qualification abroad after completing the FAEs?

ACA is pretty much a golden ticket for travel and working anywhere anyway.

Yeah thats pretty much it in a nut shel! Once i get my final exam(Elective) I wanna go travelling but still have the guts of a year and half experience still to get which would put me close to 30 if i stay just to get the experience.

I wanted to go working in the us for a year but just wanted to see if anyone done it in a similar position to me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

jus_tin4 wrote: »
    Yeah thats pretty much it in a nut shel! Once i get my final exam(Elective) I wanna go travelling but still have the guts of a year and half experience still to get which would put me close to 30 if i stay just to get the experience.

I wanted to go working in the us for a year but just wanted to see if anyone done it in a similar position to me

You can qualify for a skilled migrant visa to Australia with exams only (depending on other factors), looked into it before

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭jus_tin4

s15r330 wrote: »
    You can qualify for a skilled migrant visa to Australia with exams only (depending on other factors), looked into it before

Can I ask what other factors you mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭s15r330

jus_tin4 wrote: »
    Can I ask what other factors you mean?

You'd need to meet other requirements of the skilled migrant visa program, you get points for things like occupation, age etc
    You have to attain a certain number of points.
    Be best to call some of the visa suppliers and they can talk it through with you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement