Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

mik_da_man wrote: »
    Argos and Harvey Norman

Argos are sold out. Same with my local HN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

quarryman wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

But I actually find it very hard to see a massive difference between the two. I’m not sure what the lads in the video are smoking saying it is “incredible” and “insane”. It’s a very marginal improvement. And they don’t show any of the load times or framerate differences...

Ok I've re-watched it on a 1440p monitor and I can actually see a difference now. However I got an update to the game the other day on my Xbox One S and I'm wondering now if that update also worked for the S and not just the X.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

About 25 in q in GS Galway.They got 25 Scorpios and 25 normal versions only for preorder .Heard manager saying stock will be back around 20th.Got Forza 7 but might sell to CeX tomorrow or put on Adverts for 40e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Anyone any issues connecting the One X to wifi? Old Xbox connects straight away but the One X wont connect. Tried 2 different VDSL modems, same issue on both.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

About 25 in q in GS Galway.They got 25 Scorpios and 25 normal versions only for preorder .Heard manager saying stock will be back around 20th.Got Forza 7 but might sell to CeX tomorrow or put on Adverts for 40e

Did they ring/text you to tell you your preorder was there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 819 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Tilikum wrote: »
    Did they ring/text you to tell you your preorder was there?
    They called me on saturday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

If anyone picks up Forza in a bundle and doesn’t want it just fire me a pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Word of warning though, I'm not so sure you will get a refund.

You were right although they were incredibly helpful.

Insisted that I take a brand new and sealed console and give it a try for a few days!

I'm going to just sell this though.

So now I've a brand new, sealed one that I don't want :D

#firstworldproblems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 963 ✭✭✭thegoth

Do you have a 4K TV?

• Just got mine in Argos
    One left in Tullamore as I left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Mine is in the post sorting office 2 mins away from the house. I'm on my way into work for a late shift. Concentration may be hampered today. Do we still use "FML" for these type of things?

thegoth wrote: »
    Do you have a 4K TV?

Waiting to buy one at the moment. I just don't think the console is for me. My Xbox One S does enough.

I'm not pushed as I am sure I'll sell it.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

amadablam wrote: »
    You were right although they were incredibly helpful.

Insisted that I take a brand new and sealed console and give it a try for a few days!

I'm going to just sell this though.

So now I've a brand new, sealed one that I don't want :D

#firstworldproblems

They gave you an unopened console in exchange for the 12 hour old one instead of a refund? :confused:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Mickeroo wrote: »
    They gave you an unopened console in exchange for the 12 hour old one instead of a refund? :confused:

i was just wondering the same. and why not just make him keep the opened one. seems very odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

mossym wrote: »
    i was just wondering the same. and why not just make him keep the opened one. seems very odd.

They might plan to hook the open one up in store as a display model?

Me too.

I said I didn't want it that my preference was a refund but she said it was her preference to offer me a replacement?? She said give it a few days and if I'm not happy, bring it back.

I'm not even going to open this and I'll just sell it.

Its not a big deal but I just am happy with my Xbox One S.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Me too.

I said I didn't want it that my preference was a refund but she said it was her preference to offer me a replacement?? She said give it a few days and if I'm not happy, bring it back.

Give it a few days and take it back unopened for a refund.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Me too.

That's weird....if you're not happy in a few days bring it back and then what? Another new one? :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

dan786 wrote: »
    Argos are sold out. Same with my local HN.

One left in Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Just collected my scorpio in smyths, I actually up and left work to go get it when I read that fellas who hadn't ordered them had got them. Luckily, there was no need for cross words at the counter.

Of course, they also has the SNES mini in stock too, so grabbed one of those as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭mittimitti

anyone have a reservation for argos in dublin ?

Give it a few days and take it back unopened for a refund.

If it doesnt sell, I will probably do this and I would have been happier if i got a refund but with the box open, they didnt have to do anything.
    That's weird....if you're not happy in a few days bring it back and then what? Another new one? :pac:

Hopefully someone will want a new, unopened console with receipt and Ill let it go but if not and I have to return it, its going to be a pain. I think its got Forza 7 with it too but I havent checked.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I'm getting so frustrated sitting in work until I can get mine this evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Amazon order arrived into Parcel Wizard just now :)

• Just collected my scorpio in smyths, I actually up and left work to go get it when I read that fellas who hadn't ordered them had got them. Luckily, there was no need for cross words at the counter.

Of course, they also has the SNES mini in stock too, so grabbed one of those as well.

Double scoop Stone!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Double scoop Stone!! :D

I'm going to give it to the kids as a christmas present, It'll make an ideal first console I reckon.

plus i might like to play metroid and zelda myself.....:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭Max Mafioso

Just make sure you test it out to see that it works well.
    You should test all the games, you never know if there is a bug or something ;)

Anyone is South Dublin who has an Xbox One X that they dont need. Let me know.

I managed to find one in stock in Tallaght store, paid for it. They have 1 hour click and collect service, but got an email before the hour passed to say ordered has been cancelled for security reasons and when I went back to the site the console was no longer in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Just picked up my scorpio, didn't bother with the Forza for €25 but they did throw in a free play and charge kit. Now do I open it today to leave it until Saturday when I'm not working, hrrrmmmm

• Advertisement

wexdevil wrote: »
    Just picked up my scorpio, didn't bother with the Forza for €25 but they did throw in a free play and charge kit. Now do I open it today to leave it until Saturday when I'm not working, hrrrmmmm

Could have got it and traded into CEX for 45 cash.

Advertisement