Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

dan786 wrote: »
    Could have got it and traded into CEX for 45 cash.

Ah ****e, I thought it said on the website that it was 32 cash :/ well eitherway I didn't have the time to go in there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

Just wondering if any of ye folks upgrading to the X had a One S and subsequently bought a 4K TV? Did ye see much improvement with the 4K upscaling and HDR, and would true 4K with the X be much improvement over that again? 

Don't have the cash for a One X at the moment but will be buying a 4K TV for the new gaf once i get all the boring non-important things out of the way (kitchen, fridge, heating oil etc etc). 

I'm hoping that the benefit from upscaling on the 4K TV will be enough to sate my appetite for a shiny new One X. 

I'd imagine, unless the difference between upscaling on the One S and true 4K is huge, then I would be underwhelmed with the X.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

wexdevil wrote: »
    Just picked up my scorpio, didn't bother with the Forza for €25 but they did throw in a free play and charge kit. Now do I open it today to leave it until Saturday when I'm not working, hrrrmmmm
    dan786 wrote: »
    Could have got it and traded into CEX for 45 cash.

Or sold it at cost price to somebody on boards :P:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I picked one up in Harvey Norman carrickmines at 10 this morning. If anyone still wants one give them a ring to see if they still have one to put aside

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Just got home and fired her up.
    About 20 minutes downloading and applying updates, then everything already there from the One S on the external HDD, including all my Elite Controller profiles.

Let's rock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

maximoose wrote: »
    Amazon order arrived into Parcel Wizard just now :)

Mine's in the North since 7.30 or so this morning, i can only assume it's on it's way to Dublin today, so i should have it tomorrow :D

I see gamestop have now posted that you get 20%off an elite controller when purchased with the xbox one x.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

wexdevil wrote: »
    I see gamestop have now posted that you get 20%off an elite controller when purchased with the xbox one x.

That's a pretty good bargain but not sure I can fully justify it quite yet.

Won't be able to collect mine til after work so I'm hoping to god GameStop haven't given away my Scorpio Edition or there'll be murder. Murder most foul I tells ya.

Waiting on FMS7 to install.

Lads, Gears 4 in performance mode is something else!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

Anyone pick up the Xbox One X that doesnt have a 4k TV?

Notice any difference?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

joe123 wrote: »
    Anyone pick up the Xbox One X that doesnt have a 4k TV?

Notice any difference?

You will notice a huge difference in enhanced titles on a 1080p TV. The whole notion of 'you need a 4k tv' is pretty silly.

XB1 - 720 to 1080p low-medium settings, patchy framerate in certain titles and locked to 30fps in others.

XB1X - 1080p high-ultra, 60fps in many titles, and steadier framerate in more demanding titles (like BF1 etc).

• Annoys me that there is no mention of a One X update for Halo: Master Chief Collection

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Annoys me that there is no mention of a One X update for Halo: Master Chief Collection

That comes next year with the fix

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/84ad72a8b51847978545f685f651fc15/topics/halo-mcc-what-happened-and-what-happens-next/32dd5e4a-1001-4aae-b51b-22c091e8d21a/posts
    On Wednesday of this week, we announced that we’re both fixing MCC and working on enhancements for the Scorpio (Xbox One X) version of the game, but I should be clear here, that in terms of chicken/egg scenarios, fixing the existing “vanilla” Xbox One MCC was the Chicken that laid the Xbox One X enhanced version egg. Without the ability and opportunity to reconfigure and fix this thing, we wouldn’t touch an Xbox One update. But a series of changes to the Xbox architecture, some of them related to Xbox One X – and others just a series of ongoing improvements to the OS and back end networking systems, have cracked open an opportunity we’ve wanted to seize for many, many months now. So to be super clear, these fixes will apply to both regular Xbox One version and the Xbox One X enhancements.

• Cheers, reading into that It's crazy at this stage that the game is still broken

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,374 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Biggest let down of the generation for me in terms of Xbox. If it hadn't been so broken on launch I likely wouldn't have played much else for the first year I had the console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Cheers, reading into that It's crazy at this stage that the game is still broken

What is the issue with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Is anyone else having trouble getting Quantum Break to install correctly? It's supposed to be 102gb, but an 83.9gb version keeps installing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

Is anyone else having trouble getting Quantum Break to install correctly? It's supposed to be 102gb, but an 83.9gb version keeps installing

might only be downloading the English language audio, there was something about dynamic downloads only downloading the audio relevant to you to save space not sure if that's the case here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Pretty damn impressive improvement on GOW 3

An RDR patch would be amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Pretty damn impressive improvement on GOW 3

An RDR patch would be amazing

keep posting these and I might even open the console and keep it :D

• Advertisement

Playing FMS7 now and I've never seen anything like it. Absolutely incredible looking.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    Playing FMS7 now and I've never seen anything like it. Absolutely incredible looking.

4k TV?

mik_da_man wrote:
    4k TV?

Yep, sorry, should've specified

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

WarpAsylum wrote: »

I cannot for the life of me figure what FMS7 stands for. . .:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ha, it threw me earlier too but I'm guessing Forza Motorsport 7!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,374 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

theteal wrote: »
    I cannot for the life of me figure what FMS7 stands for. . .:confused:

Forza MotorSport 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Ha, it threw me earlier too but I'm guessing Forza Motorsport 7!
    Mickeroo wrote: »
    Forza MotorSport 7

D'oh. I wouldn't mind put it's bundled with my X at home. Just over 2 hours left in work + the London commute before I'm not able to play because she's watching Big Bang or some sh!te :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Just downloaded the enhancement for Ghost Recon Wildlands.

Its insane :eek:

4K, massive increase in draw distance, clarity, etc, etc.

Just downloaded the enhancement for Ghost Recon Wildlands.Its insane
    4K, massive increase in draw distance, clarity, etc, etc.
    Savage!
    I never played it, so I wouldn't appreciate the difference.
    But being very familiar with Gears 4, I can say the difference is incredible!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

GOW 3 got a One X enhancement. I do not see it listed on the MS website. Any other games not listed get updates?

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/xbox-one/xbox-one-x-enhanced-list

Advertisement