Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Well damn it anyway. I was moving all my enhanced games to the internal drive on the One X last night and GOW 4 keeps getting a installation stopped error. All the other games worked fine. I just want game files on the external and transfer them to the internal when I play them as I was fed up updating games I never play.

GOW 4 is nearly 100GB's and that is with out the new enhanced updates. I know I could redownload them but that really isn't a option for me as I have extremely slow internet and it would take me a few days to that.

Well I think I figured out the reason for this and it was because I was midway updating this game on my old Xbox One and stopped and then sold that Xbox and than connected it up to my new Xbox One X and obviously it has got corrupted so I will have to redownload all 110GB's but I don't think I will bother as I played the game already and I was just going to boot it up to see the difference.

Yes, having slow internet sucks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Skate 3 looks amazing in HDR folks!
    Looks savage for a 7.5 year old game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Thanks, found that one already but there's no loading screens in that video so no way to see improvement.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Skate 3 looks amazing in HDR folks!
    Looks savage for a 7.5 year old game :D

Are you sure it got a HDR enhancement? I think Xbox 360 games just got improvements to the graphics and not HDR. I could be wrong though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_X_Enhanced_games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,494 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Are you sure it got a HDR enhancement? I think Xbox 360 games just got improvements to the graphics and not HDR. I could be wrong though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Xbox_One_X_Enhanced_games

It's definitely in HDR on my TV anyway!
    Booted up a non enhanced game, Red Dead Redemption, and that plays without HDR

Mirror's Edge, another EA title, also plays in HDR :)

Gears 3 doesn't. So the 2 EA games do, but not the MS one :D

• Advertisement

Assassin's Creed Origins look noticeably improved even on my 1080p screen and no HDR. It was pretty to begin with but I'd give it a 10-15% improvement in textures.

EDIT: Hitman looks unreal good now at 1080p theres no noticeable difference in visuals vs high frame rate on or off so 60fps it is.

Can only imagine what these look like with 4k and HDR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Just watching this tear down video and the Hard Drive has me intrigued. I forget the exact numbers but MS said it was up to 50% faster than previous models and they just went with any old 5400rpm 1TB drive that you can buy off the self.

AFAIK they are using SATA III so if you replaced it with a SSD you will defo see massive improvements more so than their fake 50% faster drive(I was always skeptical about the numbers they were saying regarding Hard drive speeds.

As always MS use keys to communicate between each device so replacing with a SSD is tricky until someone releases a hack to do so.

Tear down video

Sata III 128MB cache
    Xbox One S used a 32MB cache HDD and Sata II

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Got set up lastnight but didn't have long to play around

Forza 7 in 4k is magnificent, beautiful looking game. Not a jagged edge in sight :pac:

Played 2 levels of the Battlefront 2 campaign. Not as impressive as Forza, with a little pop in and slowdown at times but it's still very very pretty. (Not a terrible game so far either)

Super Lucky's Tale.. eh, I'm just glad I only paid €6.. thanks Russia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Caved in and booked one to collect in a few hours. Need that power for PUBG and it also justifies the 4K tv upgrade :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

You'd hardly need the power of an X to run PUBG.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭pm.

Lads got my one x on Tuesday and loving cod ww2 but getting killed about 30 times per round..... Can you recommend a good external hard drive for the one x?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭gflood

McDermotX wrote: »
    Oh, very much. It's fantastic value for what it is.....just needs the games to support it. Hopefully enhancements going forward to separate One X versions from PS4 Pro will become the norm - some evidence of that already with the likes of Tomb Raider etc

Froget the GFX card. DRAM prices have rocked recently. It is 200 for 8GB of DDR4 that I need for my Ryzen build. thinking of scrapping that and getting a X to tide me over until prices come down...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Argos have loads of good External HDD's.

• maximoose wrote: »
    Got set up lastnight but didn't have long to play around

Forza 7 in 4k is magnificent, beautiful looking game. Not a jagged edge in sight :pac:

Played 2 levels of the Battlefront 2 campaign. Not as impressive as Forza, with a little pop in and slowdown at times but it's still very very pretty. (Not a terrible game so far either)

Really? that's disappointing

• Most reasonable prices headsets for Dolby atmos? I see a10s listed in Argos for 80 but not sure if they support that audio output

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Most reasonable prices headsets for Dolby atmos? I see a10s listed in Argos for 80 but not sure if they support that audio output

Its works with any headset AFK. Its software. Obviously some headsets will do it better.

Most reasonable prices headsets for Dolby atmos? I see a10s listed in Argos for 80 but not sure if they support that audio output

• Registered Users Posts: 36 appoireland

I held off on the Atmos download, glad I did after seeing the video.

I did switch on Windows Sonic in the options though and it made a huge difference to the sound on my old Turtle Beach headset!

I held off on the Atmos download, glad I did after seeing the video.

I did switch on Windows Sonic in the options though and it made a huge difference to the sound on my old Turtle Beach headset!

Older headsets, especially stereo headsets will get a great boost from Windows Sonic on Xbox. Its virtual surround sound.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

pm. wrote: »
    Lads got my one x on Tuesday and loving cod ww2 but getting killed about 30 times per round..... Can you recommend a good external hard drive for the one x?

Think Curry's had a 4TB portable one on sale recently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Lads...

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,376 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah that's the unpatched version, the game launched with an unlocked frame rate which was locked to 30 in a patch. Enhanced version will likely be locked to 30 :(

Is the X due back in stock this month or December? See people mentioning the 20th...but not which month.

• Older headsets, especially stereo headsets will get a great boost from Windows Sonic on Xbox. Its virtual surround sound.

I will test that with my standard 2.1s today and see if that improves it

It reads however that the A10s use the same headphone tech build as the a50s bar the fact they are not surround?

I will test that with my standard 2.1s today and see if that improves it

It reads however that the A10s use the same headphone tech build as the a50s bar the fact they are not surround?
    Try Windows Sonic also. I am surprised to see the amount of feedback from people who find Windows Sonic better than Atmos.

dunworth1 wrote: »
    Sata III 128MB cache
    Xbox One S used a 32MB cache HDD and Sata II

What I was saying was true about them talking smack about being 50% faster than previous models. I read an article last night in bed so I do not have a link and they tested the load time difference and it is no where near 50% faster. It can vary between 0% and 10% difference in speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'd really love to see the official patch for witcher 3 running at 60fps, its a great looking game anyway, that extra smoothnes would be just icing on the cake.

maximoose wrote: »

How did you manage that I just changed to the Russian store and it's the same price as here.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

It was 500 Rubles in September.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

What I was saying was true about them talking smack about being 50% faster than previous models. I read an article last night in bed so I do not have a link and they tested the load time difference and it is no where near 50% faster. It can vary between 0% and 10% difference in speed.

I'd love to see that article. There's a load of articles out there that show drastic improvement, like knocking a minute off Witcher 3 loading times, or 30 seconds off GTA5, both more than 50%.
    GTA V
    Xbox One S from Internal Hard Drive: 1:07
    Xbox One X from Internal Hard Drive: 0:24

Forza Motorsport 7
    Xbox One S from Internal Hard Drive: 0:51
    Xbox One X from Internal Hard Drive: 0:37

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
    Xbox One S from Internal Hard Drive: 1:45
    Xbox One X from Internal Hard Drive: 0:45

Shadow of War
    Xbox One S from Internal Hard Drive: 0:49
    Xbox One X from Internal Hard Drive: 0:35