Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

CatInABox wrote: »
    I'd love to see that article.

It is here. Maybe it it is faster according to your article, the one I have linked only tested one game.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-x-review-a-future-proof-xbox-for-4k-and-h/1100-6454609/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

It is here. Maybe it it is faster according to your article, the one I have linked only tested one game.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-x-review-a-future-proof-xbox-for-4k-and-h/1100-6454609/

Load times are going to vary by game anyway, it's possible that Gears just isn't going to show much improvement, while others will.

It's also possible that they were testing from an external drive on the One S, which will even out a lot of the difference.

• Xbox one x patches are ****ed

Downloaded a 13.2gb update for gears 4 yesterday
    All downloaded fine
    Went to boot it up
    Starts downloading the patch again, exact same size
    Ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

looks like its the elite controller all over again, gamestop (in america anyway) have nearly sold out, and market analyst are revising predictions for their end of year tallies based on the uptake rate.

'but who will buy it?'

turns out, almost everyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

Microsoft still doing their drip feed tactics I see.;)

bazzz wrote: »
    Microsoft still doing their drip feed tactics I see.;)
    I think you're thinking of Nintendo :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

I think you're thinking of Nintendo :p

They all do it;)

bazzz wrote: »
    They all do it;)
    Not like Nintendo and Apple they don't :D

Anyone see whee to switch modes in Gears of War 4 on the X.

Switching between 4K 30fps and the other performance mode?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

It's at the main menu man. Before you start a game.
    Press the hamburger button for options and then 'Video - Enhanced'

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    It's at the main menu man. Before you start a game.
    Press the hamburger button for options and then 'Video - Enhanced'

Thank you.

I was looking all over the place. Well, the wrong places.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

Happened to be lucky enough to get the call from GameStop earlier on to say they had my One X in stock. Have it all set up now and I must say it’s a beautiful machine, but one thing I’m a little confused about is the 4K assets business. Several games appear under the Xbox One X Enhanced drop down menu, but when I start them I’m not prompted to update. I always had my One S set to keep games and apps up to date automatically so maybe it just installed them by itself unbeknownst to me, though I can’t find anything to suggest either way.

Is there any way to actually tell if my games are updated for 4k assets?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,316 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Happened to be lucky enough to get the call from GameStop earlier on to say they had my One X in stock. Have it all set up now and I must say it’s a beautiful machine, but one thing I’m a little confused about is the 4K assets business. Several games appear under the Xbox One X Enhanced drop down menu, but when I start them I’m not prompted to update. I always had my One S set to keep games and apps up to date automatically so maybe it just installed them by itself unbeknownst to me, though I can’t find anything to suggest either way.

Is there any way to actually tell if my games are updated for 4k assets?

Open up My Games & Apps and pick the X Enhanced from the drop down. Hover over a game and press LB, RB and Menu together and a window will pop up. You should see in there if assets are available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

You'd hardly need the power of an X to run PUBG.

my video card on my pc cost more than the xbox one x 8 months ago and it runs pubg at around 50-70fps at 1440p.
    What do you think it will do to an xbox one x :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

I'd love to see that article. There's a load of articles out there that show drastic improvement, like knocking a minute off Witcher 3 loading times, or 30 seconds off GTA5, both more than 50%.

That's from here.

I’ve noticed a big difference in Witcher 3 load times. It used to do my head in getting killed in an area and waiting forever to start again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Blazer wrote: »
    my video card on my pc cost more than the xbox one x 8 months ago and it runs pubg at around 50-70fps at 1440p.
    What do you think it will do to an xbox one x :)

Ah i'd say it will be optimised well for the Xbox when it's released.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Open up My Games & Apps and pick the X Enhanced from the drop down. Hover over a game and press LB, RB and Menu together and a window will pop up. You should see in there if assets are available.

I had a go at that, but I’m not 100% sure what I’m looking for.

It says “X1XE: True” under one section for games which appear in the drop down Enhanced menu, “X1XE: False” for those which don’t. Under assets installed it says “Xbox-Durango;Xbox-Durango-Only” for games which I already had installed on my external drive and “Xbox-Scorpio” for those which I installed to the new console, regardless of whether the game is supposed to be X enhanced or not.

Is either of these the indicator?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭pm.

I had a go at that, but I’m not 100% sure what I’m looking for.

It says “X1XE: True” under one section for games which appear in the drop down Enhanced menu, “X1XE: False” for those which don’t. Under assets installed it says “Xbox-Durango;Xbox-Durango-Only” for games which I already had installed on my external drive and “Xbox-Scorpio” for those which I installed to the new console, regardless of whether the game is supposed to be X enhanced or not.

Is either of these the indicator?

X1XE means Xbox One X Enhanced, so if it's true I think it means the assets are downloaded.

• Advertisement

Ah i'd say it will be optimised well for the Xbox when it's released.

it will but don't expect miracles.
    It won't be 4k as they'll have to hit 60fps but that's a hit I'm prepared to take.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

it will but don't expect miracles.
    It won't be 4k as they'll have to hit 60fps but that's a hit I'm prepared to take.

Yeah, it'll probably be a dynamic resolution, that's Microsofts preferred method of dealing with resolution.

I think the biggest benefit might be a severe reduction in hackers, at least from the general gaming thread.

Yeah, it'll probably be a dynamic resolution, that's Microsofts preferred method of dealing with resolution.

I think the biggest benefit might be a severe reduction in hackers, at least from the general gaming thread.

actually from what I'm reading its 4k,hdr and 30fps..
    God 30fps..that's going to suck.
    http://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-xbox-one-x-games

actually from what I'm reading its 4k,hdr and 30fps..
    God 30fps..that's going to suck.
    http://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-xbox-one-x-games

Plenty of games run at 30fps and are loads of fun. If your not happy about it don't buy it and don't waste your time complaining about it. It's easily avoided.

Plenty of games run at 30fps and are loads of fun. If your not happy about it don't buy it and don't waste your time complaining about it. It's easily avoided.

Multiplayer FPS games need a minimum 60fps.
    COD have maintained this since day 1.
    Blue hole could hit 60fps on the Xbox one x while dropping resolution but Microsoft are obviously dictating the 30fps for previous consoles.
    And quite frankly if I want to mention my thoughts on a game i’ll do so without taking heed of ‘people’ like you whose opinions hold zero value to me.

Multiplayer FPS games need a minimum 60fps.
    COD have maintained this since day 1.
    Blue hole could hit 60fps on the Xbox one x while dropping resolution but Microsoft are obviously dictating the 30fps for previous consoles.
    And quite frankly if I want to mention my thoughts on a game i’ll do so without taking heed of ‘people’ like you whose opinions hold zero value to me.

What do you mean by "people like me"?

In your opinion they need 60fps. One of the most fun and most popular FPS games on consoles for the last 3 years was Destiny and it was great fun to play.

Yes 60fps is better but a game does not 'need' 60 FPS to be good and a game will not suck because it only has 30 FPS.

What do you mean by "people like me"?

In your opinion they need 60fps. One of the most fun and most popular FPS games on consoles for the last 3 years was Destiny and it was great fun to play.

Yes 60fps is better but a game does not 'need' 60 FPS to be good and a game will not suck because it only has 30 FPS.

Have you played pubg? Destiny is a different type of shooter compared to pubg where one or two hits is enough to kill you. There are FPS games like destiny and then they are fps games like pubg , cod , battlefield where FPS is key to experience.
    One thing is pubg might only be 3rd person on console which would still be a good game.

Have you played pubg? Destiny is a different type of shooter compared to pubg where one or two hits is enough to kill you. There are FPS games like destiny and then they are fps games like pubg , cod , battlefield where FPS is key to experience.
    One thing is pubg might only be 3rd person on console which would still be a good game.

You still didn't answer what you meant by "people like me"?

Yes I know what type of game it is, more akin to R6S than Destiny in terms of time to kill and much larger maps than both those, but no I haven't played it yet.

My point still stands though, a game does not automatically suck because it's only 30 FPS. Yes it might not be as smooth an experience but if everyone is playing at 30 FPS then everyone will be experiencing the same game so the extra frames don't mater as much.

You still didn't answer what you meant by "people like me"?

Yes I know what type of game it is, more akin to R6S than Destiny in terms of time to kill and much larger maps than both those, but no I haven't played it yet.

My point still stands though, a game does not automatically suck because it's only 30 FPS. Yes it might not be as smooth an experience but if everyone is playing at 30 FPS then everyone will be experiencing the same game so the extra frames don't mater as much.

It’s nothing like R6S siege. The maps are hundreds of times bigger than RS6. It’s more like ghost recon.
    You’re looking at it from a console point of view where 30fps is ‘loads’.
    In PC terms 30 FPS for a game like pubg is termed unplayable.
    And by people like you I mean people who seem to take another person’s comment as a personal attack and retaliates with a comment such as what you posted. I think the term today is snowflake?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,378 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cut out the hostility lads, absolutely no need for it.

Advertisement