Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,316 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Blazer wrote: »
    It’s nothing like R6S siege. The maps are hundreds of times bigger than RS6. It’s more like ghost recon.
    You’re looking at it from a console point of view where 30fps is ‘loads’.
    In PC terms 30 FPS for a game like pubg is termed unplayable.
    And by people like you I mean people who seem to take another person’s comment as a personal attack and retaliates with a comment such as what you posted. I think the term today is snowflake?

I didn't and never do take anyone comments as a personal attack and you can see that through all my posts. Maybe you were looking for something that was not there at all?

My comment was true in that if the 30 FPS bothers you that much then you can vote with your wallet and not buy the game. Theres no point complaining on Boards because it won't get anything done. To make developers take note you have keep your money in your pocket.

I didn't say it was like R6S I said the time to kill is similar to it. I said that the map in Players is larger than R6S.

Your in the Xbox Forum so of course people are going to look at it from a console point of view? What were you expecting?

Whether the PC players feel 30 FPS makes Players unplayable on PC has zero impact to console. It's two different platforms and on a console, where everyone will be playing on a level playing field PC players thoughts have little to no bearing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

It’s nothing like R6S siege. The maps are hundreds of times bigger than RS6. It’s more like ghost recon.
    You’re looking at it from a console point of view where 30fps is ‘loads’.
    In PC terms 30 FPS for a game like pubg is termed unplayable.
    And by people like you I mean people who seem to take another person’s comment as a personal attack and retaliates with a comment such as what you posted. I think the term today is snowflake?

Sure what good is 60FPS in Battlegrounds when all your doing is hiding in a bush ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I'd have to agree with Blazer. They really should have 60fps in PUBG. People are going to wonder what all the fuss is about the game if it runs at 30fps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I'd have to agree with Blazer. They really should have 60fps in PUBG. People are going to wonder what all the fuss is about the game if it runs at 30fps.

The game runs like garbage on PC as well, it's horribly optimized. I'd say the majority of it's playerbase are actually not running at 60fps.

I wouldn't be a fan of 30fps obviously but I wouldn't go so far to call it unplayable by any stretch especially if its locked at that like Destiny rather than waivering all over the place like Battlefield 1.

In PUBG I'd actually rather the 4K and better visual quality given the size and scale of the maps - but that is a pig of a resolution, I play it at 4K on the PC using a 1080ti and even that's tough going at times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

One of the fears about that xbox one x was that it would be hobbled by devs having to support the previous versions and it looks like PUBG could be the first game to suffer as a result.
    One thing to note was that during last week Microsoft said that it was possible that some games would be xbox one x only but this would be down the line when there's enough of a base for devs to focus on it and make it profitable.
    I'm still going to get pubg when it gets released for xbox as I have a few mates who don't have a pc and are mad to play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,316 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

One of the fears about that xbox one x was that it would be hobbled by devs having to support the previous versions and it looks like PUBG could be the first game to suffer as a result.
    One thing to note was that during last week Microsoft said that it was possible that some games would be xbox one x only but this would be down the line when there's enough of a base for devs to focus on it and make it profitable.
    I'm still going to get pubg when it gets released for xbox as I have a few mates who don't have a pc and are mad to play it.

Blazer if you thought I was having a go last night that's really not what I was doing. Apologies if it came across that way as well.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Blazer if you thought I was having a go last night that's really not what I was doing. Apologies if it came across that way as well.

no worries lad :)

did anyone get Forza? is it worthwhile getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Battlefield 4 has apparently benefitted from the 1X also, stuttering caused by things like the Tower coming down on seige of shanghai, and screen tearing have been eliminated completely, with 60fps being hit consistently.

Have to drop back into this to check it out, I actually prefer it to BF1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I got it for 25 euro with the X. Works very well with my G920 wheel, though it feels a bit more arcade than Project CARS 2.
    I don't have a 4K telly, playing on my gaming monitor. Looks gorgeous, but what else is new in this regard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Is it safe to say that the console is sold out everywhere?

What are the chances of getting one later this month?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

It looks great but it's just another driving game. I hate it. I got it bundled but I'm passing it on. A bit peeved it only gets £24 cash from CEX

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Vudgie wrote: »

Harvey norman and Argos are your best bet depending on what part of the country you are in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

I haven't got FM7, as the Motorsport series is much to serious for me.
    I have played FH3, more my cup of tea. Even though the 4K patch is not yet live (it's coming on 15. January) the game is a whole lot smoother - even on the Hot Wheels pack - it is much quicker to get into a race / head-to-head or start an event and even to finish races. Loading times coming into a garage or leaving it are almost negligible.

A few other games I have really noticed these general speed improvements, too (even 360 back compat titles)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,378 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Argos won't even let me check stock on the website now.

theteal wrote: »
    It looks great but it's just another driving game. I hate it. I got it bundled but I'm passing it on. A bit peeved it only gets £24 cash from CEX

Did you get it on the 25 euro offer? I'd say cex are full of them at the moment. Was in there with assassins creed origins yesterday to trade and they have a huge amount of those too so I'd say they will drop the value of that rapidly too. I've a Forza 7 code myself but I'm going to try and swap it or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

While I like the simulation racing of Forza 7, I'm much more excited for the enhancement patch for Forza Horizon 3.

I have 63 hours in that game, and can't wait to play more :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Yeah, it’s brilliant. The default settings feel slightly more arcadey than FM6 but you can get it back to more of a sim in the settings of course. And it looks great on my 1080p tv. 4k must look amazing.

amadablam wrote: »
    Did you get it on the 25 euro offer? I'd say cex are full of them at the moment. Was in there with assassins creed origins yesterday to trade and they have a huge amount of those too so I'd say they will drop the value of that rapidly too. I've a Forza 7 code myself but I'm going to try and swap it or something.

Yeah it was bundled so I think it cost about £20 after discounts. I knew I wasn't going to like it but the options weren't great at the time and I thought I'd at least pass it on to make back a few quid. It does look great but it's just a boring driving game imo.

Is it a disc? I’ll take it off you for €30
    Better yet a code so I can kick off the download while I’m at work :)

• Advertisement

T'is a disk. I'm UK based (not back in Dublin until end of month) so not sure you'd want to pay for postage

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

T'is a disk. I'm UK based (not back in Dublin until end of month) so not sure you'd want to pay for postage

No prob man. Thanks anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

Hard to say. Most GameStop stores are expecting stock around the 20th of the month, but how many they get in and how many will be left after the leftover pre-orders are fulfilled is the question. Best option is to give your local store a call to suss it out.

I've a code there if you want it for 30 euro? I'll be home later this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Hard to say. Most GameStop stores are expecting stock around the 20th of the month, but how many they get in and how many will be left after the leftover pre-orders are fulfilled is the question. Best option is to give your local store a call to suss it out.

Thanks.

Does anyone have experience of buying direct from Microsoft in terms of delivery etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

JoyPad wrote: »

I got it for 25 euro with the X. Works very well with my G920 wheel, though it feels a bit more arcade than Project CARS 2.
    I don't have a 4K telly, playing on my gaming monitor. Looks gorgeous, but what else is new in this regard?

I haven't used Forza with my G920 and racing seat yet but going to get it set up tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Thanks.

Does anyone have experience of buying direct from Microsoft in terms of delivery etc?

Ships from NL usually, very fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

amadablam wrote: »
    I've a code there if you want it for 30 euro? I'll be home later this evening.

If Blazer doesn't take it I can

• Advertisement

If Blazer doesn't take it I can

fire ahead mate// I might go for FH3 as it sounds more like my type of game.

Advertisement