Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Good news - Xbox One X arrived from Currys UK.

Bad news - didn't come with any of the free games advertised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

That's not good. I hate when you get sent the wrong stuff or some stuff not included. I know this isn't Xbox related but I ordered a double cylinder foot pump from amazon and they sent a single cylinder pump. I didn't even bother complaining or sending it back as I got it through addresspal and the hassle of sending it back plus paying the addresspal fees again it just ain't worth it. I did have an electric pump before but it broke so I said I will get a manual one this time.

That's not good. I hate when you get sent the wrong stuff or some stuff not included. I know this isn't Xbox related but I ordered a double cylinder foot pump from amazon and they sent a single cylinder pump. I didn't even bother complaining or sending it back as I got it through addresspal and the hassle of sending it back plus paying the addresspal fees again it just ain't worth it. I did have an electric pump before but it broke so I said I will get a manual one this time.

Pretty much same predicament here - no point sending it back as it was normal price anyway and it was sent through Addresspal as well.

I've emailed them but Curry's not renowned for their customer service. Ah well, at this point I just want to get home and play COD: WW2 finally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,314 ✭✭✭dan786

If Blazer doesn't take it I can

I have a Forza Horizon 3 code too 30e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I don't want to sound condescending, but have you checked the inside of the packaging for loose sheets of paper.
    That may be the codes for the games, just loosely thrown into the packaging :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

A few other games I have really noticed these general speed improvements, too (even 360 back compat titles)

One of my favourite things about the console. The Metro games look great now for example

marcbrophy wrote: »
    I don't want to sound condescending, but have you checked the inside of the packaging for loose sheets of paper.
    That may be the codes for the games, just loosely thrown into the packaging :)

Definitely nothing, it's a regular vanilla Xbox One X retail package, the 3 games were supposed to be physical copies.

Definitely nothing, it's a regular vanilla Xbox One X retail package, the 3 games were supposed to be physical copies.

Pain in the hole! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Would like to know how BF4 performs. On base console it was pritty bad.

It's still pretty bad. I own it on PC and it runs way better on PC. The image is clearer, better framerate and better draw distance as in on pc you can see the far side of the map really clearly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Pre ordered in gamestop for the nov 20th batch.

Traded in the 500gb xbox s with Fifa and Cod.

I had gotten the xbox and fifa in the recent trade your OG xbox for an S with horizon + fifa + jersey for €70 deal.

Also traded COD WW2 which i got for €50 in super value and got €325 for the lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I had gotten the xbox in the recent trade your OG xbox for an S with horizon + fifa + jersey for €70 deal.

Also traded COD WW2 which i got for €50 in super value and got €325 for the lot.

damn that was a good deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

I had gotten the xbox and fifa in the recent trade your OG xbox for an S with horizon + fifa + jersey for €70 deal.

The grumpypants thing must be contagious coz that post made me grumpy. I'd be happy with the S. Tried and failed with the trade in. Can't help but wonder how many more people availed and have traded it in against the X in a few short weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Can't believe I managed to pick up my Xbox x, there was 2 left in gamestop Galway today and I nabbed one, only pre ordered on Monday too. Happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

beercr8te wrote: »
    Can't believe I managed to pick up my Xbox x, there was 2 left in gamestop Galway today and I nabbed one, only pre ordered on Monday too. Happy days!

did they ring you or what?
    Also, can you please post a picture of your receipt?

God help them.

• Administrators Posts: 54,065 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'd have to agree with Blazer. They really should have 60fps in PUBG. People are going to wonder what all the fuss is about the game if it runs at 30fps.

If it's locked at 30fps it won't be great but everyone playing is going to have the same issue so it'll be a leveller.

When I play on PC I drop it to 1080 so I get 100+ frames rather than sticking at the 60-70 fps on 1440, I find this much better. But on PC everyone in the game gets different frame rates, you'd get destroyed with 30fps on PC when other players are getting 60 / 70 / 100+. Not an issue on console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,316 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

The Insects Demo is a really nice idea to show off the benefits of HDR and 4K. Worth downloading to see the differences.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    The Insects Demo is a really nice idea to show off the benefits of HDR and 4K. Worth downloading to see the differences.

Where's that? In the store?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Anyone else not get there xbox one x from Amazon yet?

As still waiting on mine well the girlfirend is

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Where's that? In the store?

Yup. Just click the Enhanced for X tab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Ordered my Xbox one on the 1St, didn't get it on the 7th but collected today, rang to say they had one from another store that wasn't collected. Is a Scorpio too

Taking 3 hours just to get to 60% on how update, is this normal?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Ordered my Xbox one on the 1St, didn't get it on the 7th but collected today, rang to say they had one from another store that wasn't collected. Is a Scorpio too

Taking 3 hours just to get to 60% on how update, is this normal?

It should only take around 15 mins.. Depending on your Internet speed. Maybe try unplugging your router

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Anyone else not get there xbox one x from Amazon yet?

As still waiting on mine well the girlfirend is
    Last Wednesday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Any one else have this weird issue?

Trying to uninstall a game. The final confirmation pop up window is blown up, taking up most of the screen but most of the text is hidden off at the side of the screen. I can't see any confirmation buttons. I've tried to just confirm blindly but I'm not having any joy.

Edit - never mind, it's working properly this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

It should only take around 15 mins.. Depending on your Internet speed. Maybe try unplugging your router

Yeah downloaded now, my speed is fastest on offer with virgin and normally really fast

Anyway, it's done now:)

peteeeed wrote: »
    Last Wednesday

Amazon is telling me it's my issue I am in the US at the moment and trying to make sure I have not been scammed out of 425 euros by then.

The girlfirend also ordered a Samsung s8 plus on my account and got a fake funny phone and it was sold by Amazon then salfs!!!

Amazon is telling me it's my issue I am in the US at the moment and trying to make sure I have not been scammed out of 425 euros by then.

The girlfirend also ordered a Samsung s8 plus on my account and got a fake funny phone and it was sold by Amazon then salfs!!!

Amazon are a multi billion pound company, they have no interest in 'scamning' you out of £450.

Are you sure the S8 was sold by Amazon and not a third party seller?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Amazon are a multi billion pound company, they have no interest in 'scamning' you out of £450.

Are you sure the S8 was sold by Amazon and not a third party seller?

Venduto da Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

Yah 1st party Amazon.......

I can show you some photos if everyone wonts .....

Bought it for the girlfirend and the 1st o e had a smashed screen now thus one is a dummy ha

Venduto da Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

Yah 1st party Amazon.......

I can show you some photos if everyone wonts .....

Bought it for the girlfirend and the 1st o e had a smashed screen now thus one is a dummy ha

Is Venduto sold by or fulfilled by?

Unlucky about the smashed screen. Maybe the box was dropped in the warehouse?

That's what I am thinking they open the box and replaced the phone with a fully plastic covered and you know samsung phones have a sticker to say do not use if broke on the box that was perfect as well it's mad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Ronan

I picked up an X in GameStop Santry today, I can confirm the 50% boost is still available as I got €195 for a 500gb one s. Also got the boost on my old PS4 I no longer use and its spare controller, another €260 odd. Decent offer by them to be fair.

Advertisement