Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Comments

Something I learned from reddit is if you hold the guide button as if you turn off the pad or xbox and press X you can force the screen dim and the new cards it has on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Venduto da Amazon EU S.a.r.L.

Yah 1st party Amazon.......

I can show you some photos if everyone wonts .....

Bought it for the girlfirend and the 1st o e had a smashed screen now thus one is a dummy ha

No need for photos, we're here for Xbox, not consumer issues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Was in the Microsoft store there today in San Diego.

500 usd + 8% tax so 540 usd. So 470 euros not my of a diff of the Irish price

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Sweet jesus this console is good, managed to get a few games of doom and titanfall 2 (did a network transfer from my daughters 1TB one s, very smooth transfer and gameplay was excellent with no slow down whatsoever and silky smooth framerates, however the shear amount of updates are taking forever to download on my connection. I compared doom and titanfall 2 on my ps4 pro and one x and I have to say I'm impressed with one x. Kids had a go on super luckys tale and its silky smooth, very good game, have no idea what reviewers found wrong with it. Managed to buy The Division for 4.97 euro brand new on Gamestop website just now.

I should add, gamestop were allowing you to trade in as many consoles and games as you liked against the one x, after the initial 50 euro pre order payment i traded in my one s 500GB for 195 euro, a nintendo switch for 315 euro, a 1 2 switch game 21 euro and my daughters launch night 500GB ps4 for 215 euro, after i picked up the one x i used the remaining credit to give my daughter a brand new ps4 pro for an extra 104 euro, cheap upgrade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

beercr8te wrote: »

I should add, gamestop were allowing you to trade in as many consoles and games as you liked against the one x, after the initial 50 euro pre order payment i traded in my one s 500GB for 195 euro, a nintendo switch for 315 euro, a 1 2 switch game 21 euro and my daughters launch night 500GB ps4 for 215 euro, after i picked up the one x i used the remaining credit to give my daughter a brand new ps4 pro for an extra 104 euro, cheap upgrade

I have to say that I would have liked to have known that as I would have traded my ps4 in as well. Although I bought the X anyway but it would have been handier.

Well done on getting the most out of the trade in deal :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

amadablam wrote: »
    I have to say that I would have liked to have known that as I would have traded my ps4 in as well. Although I bought the X anyway but it would have been handier.

Well done on getting the most out of the trade in deal :)

One of the staff told me on the phone on friday when I enquired if I could trade more than one console or games toward the one x even though I had already traded a one s in on monday, the guy on the phone said they would take them and he told me the trade in amount i'd get, I took them up on that offer and fair enough they took them with no fuss, I think Microsoft were bank rolling these bonus trade in offers from what i read online in news articles, phil spencer not taking any chances :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Lads, anybody got a kinect adapter they don't want/need?
    The fookers can't be found anywhere

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Is it the same adapter that’s used for the one s ?

T'is

New one on adverts for €10

I'm fairly sure that's for the 360

Thanks for the heads up though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

Going to see if I can swap my Xbox x back for the pro I traded in

Think i just prefer the pro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

I would be interested to see what the trade in value of this will be, can’t see them swapping back tbh

Not bothered about swap but I'll still make a profit or break even or even a small loss

Gow looks great but is terrible. Just better games on the ps4.

My own fault, too hasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,319 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not bothered about swap but I'll still make a profit or break even or even a small loss

Gow looks great but is terrible. Just better games on the ps4.

My own fault, too hasty

Sell the X on Adverts for €450-475 and buy a new Pro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Played a nice bit of Battlefield 1 over the weekend, the extra power has really smoothed out the framerate drops, even in the busiest of action on multiplayer, movement speed feels incredibly fast also - not a sensation I got while playing it at launch on the standard xb1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

More in stock in Argos if anyone is looking for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 JoeBrown1990

Can anyone with an X confirm the size of Quantum Break once all downloads/updates are done? I've got mine on disc, have installed the game plus the 1080p episode pack, and it's 159.3GB. Thing is, news articles online say 175GB. Is there also supposed to be a setting in options to go 4K? I don't see anything on mine, unlike Rise of the Tomb Raider where I can choose.

EDIT - I uninstalled the game (keeping the 1080p episode pack) and have reinserted the disc and its now installing. Can't remember what numbers it said before, but it's now saying it's installing 6GB from the disc, plus 77.69 off the network.

Popped in the first Assassin's Creed game for a look last night, there's some difference to the textures there it's better than the remasters they had a while back for the Ezio games :eek:

Can anyone with an X confirm the size of Quantum Break once all downloads/updates are done? I've got mine on disc, have installed the game plus the 1080p episode pack, and it's 159.3GB. Thing is, news articles online say 175GB. Is there also supposed to be a setting in options to go 4K? I don't see anything on mine, unlike Rise of the Tomb Raider where I can choose.

EDIT - I uninstalled the game (keeping the 1080p episode pack) and have reinserted the disc and its now installing. Can't remember what numbers it said before, but it's now saying it's installing 6GB from the disc, plus 77.69 off the network.

Great. Game won't install. What I actually tried doing was disconnecting from internet, deleting the game (but keeping the episode pack) and then installing purely from disk. I was planning to then reconnect to internet to get updates when the game stopped installing at 62%.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,577 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

Quantum Break - 102.5GB (main game)
    Episode Pack - 75.6GB

175+GB reports sound about right

Anyone know what the correct file size is for Tomb Raider?

I've one 53gb file on an external and last night it brought down 29gb to the internal nut when I tried to copy one over, it says the file already exists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

In case anyone is interested I loaded up Oblivion on the Xbox One X and since I still had my 360 lying around I compared it to that. Obviously it's a photo of my TV screen, but you can see a very noticeable difference.

https://imgur.com/a/JVqOV

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

quarryman wrote: »
    In case anyone is interested I loaded up Oblivion on the Xbox One X and since I still had my 360 lying around I compared it to that. Obviously it's a photo of my TV screen, but you can see a very noticeable difference.

https://imgur.com/a/JVqOV

There'd be something very wrong indeed if there wasn't a noticeable difference between a 360 and the One X! :)

I'd be more curious to see the difference between the One and One X.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Andrew76 wrote: »
    There'd be something very wrong indeed if there wasn't a noticeable difference between a 360 and the One X! :)

Nearly sure I saw a youtube vid showing all three somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Guys, I heard somemething about game stop doing good trade in deals for one x? I have original xbox one.

Looking to upgrade my ps4 or xbox to pro/x versions. Still havent decided which one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,908 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Guys, I heard somemething about game stop doing good trade in deals for one x? I have original xbox one.

Looking to upgrade my ps4 or xbox to pro/x versions. Still havent decided which one.

They boost the trade in value on consoles and games by 50% if it is going against an X. (Not the ps4 pro afaik)

I got €195 for my xbox one S. And €62 for COD WWII and €68 for Fifa.

Andrew76 wrote: »

I wonder how they're managing this, since from what I heard the backwards compatibility is running a virtualised copy of the 360 hardware. So 360 Oblivion would have been coded to run under that hardware. As far as the game code is concerned, when you pop it into a One, it's on a 360 and can only go as far as the 360 hardware will allow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

So its out a week now, what are peoples opinions? Worth it? Not worth it? I've a PSPro and had been planning on picking up a One S around black friday/christmas but the more I see of the X the more tempted I am. I actually was one of those who scoffed at the price of it when it was announced but now like the fool I am I want one :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

I wonder how they're managing this, since from what I heard the backwards compatibility is running a virtualised copy of the 360 hardware. So 360 Oblivion would have been coded to run under that hardware. As far as the game code is concerned, when you pop it into a One, it's on a 360 and can only go as far as the 360 hardware will allow.

Exactly. That’s why I went back to the 360 to compare. Maybe the Xbox One sits somewhere between but I wanted to see both extremes.

So its out a week now, what are peoples opinions? Worth it? Not worth it? I've a PSPro and had been planning on picking up a One S around black friday/christmas but the more I see of the X the more tempted I am. I actually was one of those who scoffed at the price of it when it was announced but now like the fool I am I want one :/

People are probably going to think I'm mad but being honest, I'm really missing kinect functionality. It's just a dumb games console without it. Yeah the games look savage but I don't game anywhere near as much as I used to. My old One was on all the time, it was used for TV, Netflix, Skype, games, etc all at a quick voice command. No camera for skype anymore and no voice commands so I've shelved the sky box as the TV has a freesat tuner, also has a dedicated Netflix button. The result means that my X has a total system uptime of about 6 hours since last Tuesday I reckon.

I've a complaint into MS about the kinect adapter situation. Received an email today about somebody looking into my case.

theteal wrote: »
    People are probably going to think I'm mad but being honest, I'm really missing kinect functionality. It's just a dumb games console without it. Yeah the games look savage but I don't game anywhere near as much as I used to. My old One was on all the time, it was used for TV, Netflix, Skype, games, etc all at a quick voice command. No camera for skype anymore and no voice commands so I've shelved the sky box as the TV has a freesat tuner, also has a dedicated Netflix button. The result means that my X has a total system uptime of about 6 hours since last Tuesday I reckon.

I've a complaint into MS about the kinect adapter situation. Received an email today about somebody looking into my case.
    The biggest thing I miss from kinect is having something to shout at!

• Advertisement

The biggest thing I miss from kinect is having something to shout at!

1zcd6c.jpg

Advertisement