Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Can't seem to shift my Scorpio on adverts.ie it's at least 75e cheaper and a few hundred than the others going

Any other sites?

That's strange.

I had an offer of full asking of 499 for mine and it was standard version but it was unopened and with forza 7

Ended up keeping it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How much is it up for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,319 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Are you the guy with no feedback? I'd be wary buying a high priced item from someone with none but if you wait it out you should be ok. Stick up a few extra pictures as well seen as you already have the box open.

That's a very valid point

I'll post more pics, receipt etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Got a phone call from Gamestop they have my X in stock for collection. It wasn't due until the 20th, so either they came in early or some pre-orders were not collected.

When did you preorder it?

• Advertisement

Preorder is ready for collection, woot! Not going to say where in case someone nicks it on me :-)
    Just some constructive criticism, personally for such a big purchase and anything electronic, I would not consider a €25 saving worth the risk of buying 2nd hand. Why anyone would want to sell one so quickly would also have me suspicious. You might be better selling it to Cex.

Might just give it away to one of the neighbour's kids as a Xmas gesture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,319 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Might just give it away to one of the neighbour's kids as a Xmas gesture

You must be the nicest neighbor ever :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

*neighbour

Grammar nazi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Preorder is ready for collection, woot! Not going to say where in case someone nicks it on me :-)

Just some constructive criticism, personally for such a big purchase and anything electronic, I would not consider a €25 saving worth the risk of buying 2nd hand. Why anyone would want to sell one so quickly would also have me suspicious. You might be better selling it to Cex.

Think Cex are only offering 350 cash though.

I'd say if he provides a picture of the receipt it will sell for around the asking price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Anyone got a Forza code, it does look amazing
    And thank to that video now I have to get the Sony

• Registered Users Posts: 35 robertbobert

Blazer wrote: »
    Anyone got a Forza code, it does look amazing
    And thank to that video now I have to get the Sony

The sony tv? Let me know what you think of it and how much you paid 🖒

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

For those who never got a One S, don't forget the One X also has an IR blaster built in. So it can turn on and off your TV automatically when you turn on or off your Xbox. You can also use cortana to adjust volume etc. Nice little feature.

Enable it under Settings>TV & One guide>Device Control

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Personally very little difference between the pro and x when you see the games. In my opinion, anyway

I prefer the pro and regret swapping in hindsight

I have both, but i'm seeing enough difference to keep me quite happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Over the moon Skyforce Anniversary is on xbox, I couldn't find it on the store for some reason last week until yesterday, great little vertical scrolling shooter, for anybody that has the xbox pass subscription the game is on the service and can be bought for 7.99.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    For those who never got a One S, don't forget the One X also has an IR blaster built in. So it can turn on and off your TV automatically when you turn on or off your Xbox. You can also use cortana to adjust volume etc. Nice little feature.

Do you actually use Cortana Misky?
    What regional settings do you use?
    I know it doesn't work for me, when I have region set to Ireland and language set to UK. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭budhabob

budhabob wrote: »
    Are there any decent bundle trade in deals against the original 500gb Xbox one? Missed the s trade in offer, and still haven't taken the xbox back out since so for laziness / convenience it would be a good time to trade in.

Anyone? had a look on gamestop.ie last night but could see anything obvious. Thinking of jumping at the weekend if theres a deal about.

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

What exactly is an IR blaster? I discovered by accident my TV remote controls the xbox, is this because of the IR blaster?

It's a nice touch, very useful in a livingroom setup. It's the sort of thing that would make you actually use the Xbox in favour of smart TV apps.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

What exactly is an IR blaster? I discovered by accident my TV remote controls the xbox, is this because of the IR blaster?

It's a nice touch, very useful in a livingroom setup. It's the sort of thing that would make you actually use the Xbox in favour of smart TV apps.

It's kinda like a programmable remote built into the Xbox. It allows your xbox to control your TV, AV receiver, and your cable/sat box, turning them on and off, changing channel, that sort of thing.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    It's kinda like a programmable remote built into the Xbox. It allows your xbox to control your TV, AV receiver, and your cable/sat box, turning them on and off, changing channel, that sort of thing.

I guess my TV must have one and that's why my TV remote can control the xbox.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Ah, that's just your remote. The IR blaster will be on the end of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

All Tv's have IR blasters. Your just lucky that your remote control works out of the box on the Xbox. Afaik not all remotes will be compatible. That's why MS sell a media remote control.

• Boom

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭bazzz

OmegaGene wrote: »
    This will probably sound like a stupid question but how do I transfer the downloaded content from internal to external
    My default was external on the last console

This should help you out.It's
    straight forward enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

You would have to wonder why they bothered
    Xbox One X debuts with just 1,344 units sold in Japan. Also, it looks like is the lowest debut for a console in Japan.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 JoeBrown1990

Hmm...can someone try something for me please? I've got an SSD connected via a SATA-to-USB adaptor to one of the USB ports on my One X. On the drive, I have a 4K Youtube rip (one of the Scrapyard Wars episodes from LinusTechTips if anyone's interested). I downloaded it as an MP4, 2160p, 30fps, H264 with 128Kbit AAC. I use JDownloader 2 on a Windows 10 machine.
    My Nvidia Shield TV plays back the file perfectly. However, on my X, I have tried playing back the same file in both VLC and Films and TV. (surprised to discover I could even install VLC). Films and TV doesn't play the file at all, while using VLC to play it is slow and the image stutters and is choppy every few seconds.
    If anyone has a 4K video file, can they test it? See what the results are for them? My console plays back 4K blu-rays just fine, but not the file for some reason. As I write this, I'm transferring the video file to the internal hard drive, to see if that makes any difference (it shouldn't as far as I know IT, but ya never know...)
    EDIT - Have tried playing off internal hard drive. No change in how VLC responds. I have also tried the Media Player app, all I get from that is a green screen with audio playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Hmm...can someone try something for me please? I've got an SSD connected via a SATA-to-USB adaptor to one of the USB ports on my One X. On the drive, I have a 4K Youtube rip (one of the Scrapyard Wars episodes from LinusTechTips if anyone's interested). I downloaded it as an MP4, 2160p, 30fps, H264 with 128Kbit AAC. I use JDownloader 2 on a Windows 10 machine.
    My Nvidia Shield TV plays back the file perfectly. However, on my X, I have tried playing back the same file in both VLC and Films and TV. (surprised to discover I could even install VLC). Films and TV doesn't play the file at all, while using VLC to play it is slow and the image stutters and is choppy every few seconds.
    If anyone has a 4K video file, can they test it? See what the results are for them? My console plays back 4K blu-rays just fine, but not the file for some reason. As I write this, I'm transferring the video file to the internal hard drive, to see if that makes any difference (it shouldn't as far as I know IT, but ya never know...)
    EDIT - Have tried playing off internal hard drive. No change in how VLC responds. I have also tried the Media Player app, all I get from that is a green screen with audio playing.

There's an app called media player - Xbox official one. Try that?

There's an app called media player - Xbox official one. Try that?

As I said, I tried that, and all I got was a green screen.

• Advertisement

As I said, I tried that, and all I got was a green screen.

Huh, VLC is now playing it fine. The only difference between now and a little while ago is that I paused my game updates. I honestly don't understand why this would be the case - it's playing off an external drive, while the games are on my internal, and the update is coming off the internet.
    Could be because VLC on Xbone is in beta...?

Advertisement