Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Should the bbc player work in Ireland ? It worked on my last Xbox one as I have my address set to the uk and the IP address didn’t seem to matter
    No videos will play for me

No you need a vpn or dns.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Have those of you with a HD TV noticed a difference with the X?

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Have those of you with a HD TV noticed a difference with the X?

I'm playing the original 10 year old assassins creed on it now and a 1080p screen and yeah theres a huge difference in textures and lighting in that one. The new one not as big a jump from One to X but textures are much better too and sharper. Hitman though massive difference, out of the games I have that have been patched for X this got a 60fps mode and a pretty mode but even at 1080p and 60fps it still looks visually superior in a big way to the One.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I'm playing the original 10 year old assassins creed on it now and a 1080p screen and yeah theres a huge difference in textures and lighting in that one. The new one not as big a jump from One to X but textures are much better too and sharper. Hitman though massive difference, out of the games I have that have been patched for X this got a 60fps mode and a pretty mode but even at 1080p and 60fps it still looks visually superior in a big way to the One.

Hitman looks amazing for me too. It's definitely the game that I felt the biggest improvement in game play on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

emmetkenny wrote: »
    They do look good but in the article they say Atmos is not compatible with the A50s. According to this Astro blog post the A50s are compatible.

http://blog.astrogaming.com/2017/08/astro-dolby-atmos-windows-sonic/

that's with the base station which drives the price up another €100 or so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Blazer wrote: »
    that's with the base station which drives the price up another €100 or so.

Not if you bought them in Argos last year when they made a price error :) I think I paid €190 for my A50s

• Registered Users Posts: 30 JoeBrown1990

amadablam wrote: »
    Hitman looks amazing for me too. It's definitely the game that I felt the biggest improvement in game play on.

I've got fallout 3 on both 360 and PS3. But I haven't touched the PS3 version in ages. I tried it on my x yesterday and I was impressed at the draw distance. I could see Washington monument. Will be checking the PS3 when I get home today to compare.

Not if you bought them in Argos last year when they made a price error :) I think I paid €190 for my A50s

damn ,,I would have gone for that :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

They were €240 in that Argos error.

• Advertisement

I'm thinking of getting a logitech g920 wheel and one of the playseats...anyone have one and their thoughts?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,952 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

I'm thinking of getting a logitech g920 wheel and one of the playseats...anyone have one and their thoughts?

I have the wheel but have a wheelstand pro.
    That's a great setup, didn't have the space for the playseat. But I'd reckon it would be an improvement.

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I have the wheel but have a wheelstand pro.
    That's a great setup, didn't have the space for the playseat. But I'd reckon it would be an improvement.

that looks ideal actually.Perfect for what I have in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭2Mad2BeMad

OmegaGene wrote: »
    At a big distribution network like that, it’s not going to happen
    Curry’s Dixon’s and pc world are all the same company, mistakes happen all the time
    Will the person that didn’t send the games originally be sacked ? No lol

Its very easy to find out who packed what, I work and have worked in several distribution places and I know for a fact a 700euro tablet is something that you would most definitely get sacked over.
    As for pc world/currys

they have big warehouses but generally only 1-2 people working in them warehouses that actually pick and pack, they arnt exactly amazon size so its easy to get through and pack orders in 1day,
    so that order that was sent out was sent out by 1 of 2 people, very easy to know who done it then.

If it was from amazon well then ya forget it, they accept losses every year.
    But even then from amazon they run everything through a pick and pack scan system, you have to sign into that system to get pick orders, so they know exactly who picked what order.
    Same with tescos and argos.

So again I am not saying what the guy should do, but "IT COULD" cost someone their job.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭pcadhain

that looks ideal actually.Perfect for what I have in mind.

This is what I have. http://www.playseat.com/shop/eu/uk/playseat-challenge-seats.html?gclid=CjwKCAiA9MTQBRAREiwAzmytw8C5axdPRiAbvyYELwTl5GHvHdj-lGzL0VPCohc_cC0IHR_jWGoTcBoCyV4QAvD_BwE

Folds up under the bed with the G920 wheel and pedals still attached. Really comfortable and great for the size of my room.

pcadhain wrote: »
    This is what I have. http://www.playseat.com/shop/eu/uk/playseat-challenge-seats.html?gclid=CjwKCAiA9MTQBRAREiwAzmytw8C5axdPRiAbvyYELwTl5GHvHdj-lGzL0VPCohc_cC0IHR_jWGoTcBoCyV4QAvD_BwE

Folds up under the bed with the G920 wheel and pedals still attached. Really comfortable and great for the size of my room.
    What’s the seat like? It looks very far back like you see the young fellas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Possibly one for the bargains thread but it is X specific.

I just bought Homefront: The Revolution for £4 from game.co.uk

Apparently the game has seen a major upgrade with X enhancements. Worth a punt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Assassins Creed: Origins is beautiful, started it over the weekend

Framerate can slow a little in big open parts where there is lots going on, but never drops enough to be an issue. The open world looks fantastic.

Game is pretty decent so far too, first AC game I've played in a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

they got a mega reduction last year in the black friday sales, i think it came down to about 150 for the wheel, pedals and shifter, I talked myself out of buying it at the time but was raging after. That deal was with currys, so maybe
    keep an eye out there.

edit:
    https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/game-controllers-and-joysticks/logitech-driving-force-g920-wheel-gearstick-bundle-10139462-pdt.html#srcid=11026

30% off if you use the discout code

that's a very nice voucher. £153 in total...pretty sweet.
    Anyone know if the box is too big for parcelmotel or addresspal?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

So after being refunded for my Xbox one x it shows up nearly 3 weeks later from Amazon today.......

I know how it got lost now they only printed off 1/2 the label and was missing 1/2 of my address on it far plays to an post been able to work out where it was post to go.

So I got a free xbox one x from Amazon ..... how bad.

But to be fair it took 3 weeks to show up!!!!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

So after being refunded for my Xbox one x it shows up nearly 3 weeks later from Amazon today.......

I know how it got lost now they only printed off 1/2 the label and was missing 1/2 of my address on it far plays to an post been able to work out where it was post to go.

So I got a free xbox one x from Amazon ..... how bad.

But to be fair it took 3 weeks to show up!!!!.

The honest thing to do would be to contact Amazon and let them know it arrived.

They will probably still tell you to keep it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Yah 3 weeks late and I had to have a 2 hour fight to get a refund from amazon for the Xbox last week .....

They would know I get it anyway as they can see it was signed for.....

I am just back in Ireland after 24 hours of travel from the east cost of the US it's going to be a long time before i get near this xbox

they got a mega reduction last year in the black friday sales, i think it came down to about 150 for the wheel, pedals and shifter, I talked myself out of buying it at the time but was raging after. That deal was with currys, so maybe
    keep an eye out there.

edit:
    https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing-accessories/computer-accessories/game-controllers-and-joysticks/logitech-driving-force-g920-wheel-gearstick-bundle-10139462-pdt.html#srcid=11026

30% off if you use the discout code

Excellent, ordered for half of the price in Ireland. I’m gonna miss those uk sites when Brexit hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

I have an Xbox one S and am going to upgrade to the X very soon. All I want to keep from my S is my game saves like my Fifa profile/career mode save, ark profile and forza horizon 3 game save.

Would these be saved on the cloud like on my PS4?

I popped in a USB but it would only let me copy the full game and not the game save itself.

Much appreciated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    I have an Xbox one S and am going to upgrade to the X very soon. All I want to keep from my S is my game saves like my Fifa profile/career mode save, ark profile and forza horizon 3 game save.

Would these be saved on the cloud like on my PS4?

I popped in a USB but it would only let me copy the full game and not the game save itself.

Much appreciated

Yup, it's all in the cloud, just sign in and it'll all be there. Copy your games go an external drive to avoid downloading it all again. You can also download the 4k content where available to hour current machine to save time setting up the x also

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Yup, it's all in the cloud, just sign in and it'll all be there. Copy your games go an external drive to avoid downloading it all again. You can also download the 4k content where available to hour current machine to save time setting up the x also

Cheers

I haven't got an external big enough but it's only 1 or 2 digital games so no hassle in redownloading.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

I actually agree. If only for the good karma.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Cheers

I haven't got an external big enough but it's only 1 or 2 digital games so no hassle in redownloading.

Keep an eye on Amazon, bound to be something in an external drive for all budgets over the madness of the coming weekend.

Advertisement