Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

For those of you with an X and a HDTV, what is the one game that you can see has a big jump in performance over the standard Xbox One?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

FutureGuy wrote: »
    For those of you with an X and a HDTV, what is the one game that you can see has a big jump in performance over the standard Xbox One?

Gears 4 allows you to pick 1080p 60fps over 4k I believe so mgiht be worth a look (it's getting added to Game Pass soon too, might already be there). I don't have an X though so not sure if it's the best or not.

• FutureGuy wrote: »

Depends.
    X1X enhanced or a standard game?

X1X Enhanced COD WW2, Wolfenstien 2 gain massive leaps graphically and performance wise when compared to One or One S

I also tested out the infamous Just Cause 3, this is not enhanced but has significant gain in performance due to the X1X raw power.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Got quoted €435 for my 500gb PS4 and 2tb S in Gamestop

That's way too good to turn down

€290 without the bonus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Played a bit of the one x for the 1st time last night

What a huge jump over the ps4. It had me going holy cow batman sign how nice Every thing looks in 4k.

Tryed the for a 7 demo what a epic good looking game in 4k.

Then played some quation Breck that game just had my mouth open while I was playing it but don't ask what the he'll went on in it after playing the 1st part of it and the 1st tv epp !!!.

Extremely impressed with the thing and the fact it looks tiny next to my ps4 pro.

But back to Amazon they lost more games on me woop de f do.

Friday goal is to pick up Forza 7 and wolf 2 for less then 50 j say it can be done ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Got quoted €435 for my 500gb PS4 and 2tb S in Gamestop

That's way too good to turn down

€290 without the bonus

That's a great result!!

What a huge jump over the ps4. It had me going holy cow batman sign how nice Every thing looks in 4k.

Then played some quation Breck that game just had my mouth open while I was playing it but don't ask what the he'll went on in it after playing the 1st part of it and the 1st tv epp !!!.

Extremely impressed with the thing and the fact it looks tiny next to my ps4 pro.

Friday goal is to pick up Forza 7 and wolf 2 for less then 50 j say it can be done ;).

Do you live in outer Mongolia or on top of a mountain in the Himalayas or are there roving bands of street kids hijacking delivery vans that that many things go missing from deliveries on you?

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Was just thinking if it would work,
    Did anyone buy the 299 xbone s deal in gamestop (Controller,console,forza,assassins, and extra game) and trade it against a one x to break even with some extra bits?

Most likely too late as I know the price of the one s has dropped alot now

Would have gone for the deal earlier and traded in my s, but I got and elite controller and traded in the one that came with the s to cex.....damm

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Do you live in outer Mongolia or on top of a mountain in the Himalayas or are there roving bands of street kids hijacking delivery vans that that many things go missing from deliveries on you?

I really have no clue what's going on.

I buy from other other sites they show up right away. My girlfirend uses her account on Amazon 2 or 3 days she has what ever it is.

Mine good only knows when it might show up haha. It could be a week or 3 in case of the Xbox one.

Any issues I am seeing is when Amazon seem to not be able to print a label right on the parcel as it's missing my house number and my 1st name.

Amazon need to sort out printing for me ha.

I really have no clue what's going on.

I buy from other other sites they show up right away. My girlfirend uses her account on Amazon 2 or 3 days she has what ever it is.

Mine good only knows when it might show up haha. It could be a week or 3 in case of the Xbox one.

Any issues I am seeing is when Amazon seem to not be able to print a label right on the parcel as it's missing my house number and my 1st name.

Amazon need to sort out printing for me ha.

Update your address so it reads exactly like your girlfriends? If her labels are always correct maybe you've a few extra spaces in yours and mine t causing parts to be cut off?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Lads, sorry... I'm a bit late to the party and haven't read the thread bar the last one or two pages... If someone can point me to a link that can answer these questions, I would appreciate it, or give me some advice...

is it only GameStop are doing trade ins Of Xbox ones for xbox one x? Or are smyths doing trade ins too?

I presume games on my external storage will just work on x1x, or auto update when I try to play them?

What is the process for cleaning down the system. I can move all my digital downloads and game data to the external storage device, but how do I remove all my xbox live data before trade in?

If I have to have to delete a digital download like gears 4 for storage limitations, I presume I just download them again from the xbox marketplace?

Any other gotcha's that I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance
    Muppet man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Lads, sorry... I'm a bit late to the party and haven't read the thread bar the last one or two pages... If someone can point me to a link that can answer these questions, I would appreciate it, or give me some advice... don't be too shy to read back more than two pages :D

is it only GameStop are doing trade ins Of Xbox ones for xbox one x? Or are smyths doing trade ins too?

Smyths don't do trade ins

I presume games on my external storage will just work on x1x, or auto update when I try to play them?

they will but on occasion will need to be redownloaded

What is the process for cleaning down the system. I can move all my digital downloads and game data to the external storage device, but how do I remove all my xbox live data before trade in?

do a system reset, it's in settings, system,
    console info

If I have to have to delete a digital download like gears 4 for storage limitations, I presume I just download them again from the xbox marketplace?

if you want to play them again you presume correctly

Any other gotcha's that I should be aware of?

Thanks in advance
    Muppet man

Replies in red, depending on what you are reading this on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I bought RoTR this morning for £6.60 through the xbox store. This is the first game I can personally compare for enhancements having just recently completed it on my old One. Damn it's a thing of beauty. That opening snowy mountain stage looks even more savage than before....ah sure I might as well play through the whole thing again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Ended up with an X after all. €170 with my 500gb S, along with the 3 controllers traded back. Couldn't turn it down ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭creativedrinker

Checked in gamestop there... you get 225 back on a 1tb one s.. very tempted to get the 299 xbox deal and trade it and fifa in to get the x and a few games for a extra 20 quid.... plus i need the extra controler to trade in my 500gb one s as i traded its controller in against a elite..... must stop myself......

wonder if you can trade in 2 xbox's :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

If trading Xbone in with gamestop for an X1X, should I do a system reset BEFORE I bring it Gamestop, or do they need to verify the system?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

OmegaGene wrote: »
    They told me not to do a system restore as it slows down the checking process
    Remove your account and it’s good to go

I got thanked profusely for doing a full factory reset on mine. They said I wouldn't believe the amount of people that don't and the hassle it causes.

Oh GameStop, never change! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

OmegaGene wrote:
    Won’t they have to update it then to check it ?

I've honestly no idea, just saying what I was told when they were done checking it and adding to the GameStop saga :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Won’t they have to update it then to check it ?

Factory resets just OOBE the box, they do not roll back updates.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

theteal wrote: »
    I bought RoTR this morning for £6.60 through the xbox store. This is the first game I can personally compare for enhancements having just recently completed it on my old One. Damn it's a thing of beauty. That opening snowy mountain stage looks even more savage than before....ah sure I might as well play through the whole thing again

What's RotR?

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    What's RotR?

Rise of the Tomb Raider?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Muppet Man wrote: »
    If trading Xbone in with gamestop for an X1X, should I do a system reset BEFORE I bring it Gamestop, or do they need to verify the system?

I did but I won't be doing it for when I trade in the S. It seems to differ from store to store but in my local one, they had to run a game on the console for an hour to check it out. He did the factory reset in front of me when he was happy with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Stevie_D_D

Thinking of going the Currys UK route.

Xbox One X with Assassins Creed and Forza 7 for £449 (about €505).

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/microsoft-xbox-one-x-games-bundle-10174069-pdt.html

Any better deals that anyone is aware of? I'm also considering a PS4 Pro from there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30 JoeBrown1990

Stevie_D_D wrote: »

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/tv-and-home-entertainment/gaming/gaming-consoles/microsoft-xbox-one-x-games-bundle-10174069-pdt.html

Any better deals that anyone is aware of? I'm also considering a PS4 Pro from there :pac:

Jesus...and I preordered mine and got no freebies with it (beyond the pack in 3 months Live Gold and 1 month Game Pass)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Hoping for amazon to do something a little better than that currys offer tomorrow, if not might bite with Creed and Forza, the two games I want for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭ECO_Mental

Stevie_D_D wrote: »

Doesnt say from the website but are these hard copies, I only do digital these days.....swapping out disks is so 00's.

6.1kWp south facing, South of Cork City

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Your impressions of the One X come across in a really structured manner for the most part, but then we lose you for what seems like a couple of seconds with an almost Alien dialect... where in the anatomy did the little bastards probe you?

nocoverart wrote: »
    Your impressions of the One X come across in a really structured manner for the most part, but then we lose you for what seems like a couple of seconds with an almost Alien dialect... where in the anatomy did the little bastards probe you?

Let's insult the deslexa guy ......
    Yah I am not getting into this people here I have stop posting on multiple forums on boards due to the Insults from users like yourself.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Seriously folks, no need to go around attacking posts for spelling mistakes or anything like that, there's better things to do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

Let's insult the deslexa guy ......
    Yah I am not getting into this people here I have stop posting on multiple forums on boards due to the Insults from users like yourself.

Very sorry mate! I genuinely thought you were just giddy with your new purchase and rushed through your post. No bad intentions on my end though.

Advertisement