Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Called in to a gamestop there and it seems the 50% bonus trade in against the X is back on!?? The last time i was in there 2 weeks ago it was over. Methinks i'll take the €185 for my 500GB S they are offering. Just need to find the original hdmi cable...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Scruff wrote: »
    Called in to a gamestop there and it seems the 50% bonus trade in against the X is back on!?? The last time i was in there 2 weeks ago it was over. Methinks i'll take the €185 for my 500GB S they are offering. Just need to find the original hdmi cable...

Will any HDMI not do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Will any HDMI not do?

I didnt even give them one when I traded mine, just the console, controller and power cord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭nocoverart

CatInABox wrote: »
    Seriously folks, no need to go around attacking posts for spelling mistakes or anything like that, there's better things to do.

A bit harsh with your yellow card there, no? I was only having a bit of banter (and if we don't have banter we'll turn into Neogaf) I apologised to the poster who I didn't realise has dyslexia, but you decided to delete my apology and my explanation for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Has anyone traded a 500GB xbox one with gamestop... how much did you get?

Muppet man

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

nocoverart wrote: »
    A bit harsh with your yellow card there, no? I was only having a bit of banter (and if we don't have banter we'll turn into Neogaf) I apologised to the poster who I didn't realise has dyslexia, but you decided to delete my apology and my explanation for some reason.

I have restored your apology to the thread (it was me that deleted it not CatInABox). If you have a problem with the card keep it to PM though please. Lets keep the discussion about the Xbox One X from here on folks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Scorpio version back in stock in amazon at £450. So much for limited edition!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Isn't it a bit green in colour?
    I'm happy with the normal black one.

theteal wrote: »
    Isn't it a bit green in colour?
    I'm happy with the normal black one.

I wouldn’t pay the extra £20 it costs over the standard to be honest. Not a fan of the branding on the controller. Be a different case if it was pure white or something unusual but it’s too similar to the standard for me to have any interest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭erkifino

Scruff wrote: »

Is the 185 without the 50% bonus?

• Advertisement

probably units that had payments declined when it came to shipping or preorders that got cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I wouldn’t pay the extra £20 it costs over the standard to be honest. Not a fan of the branding on the controller. Be a different case if it was pure white or something unusual but it’s too similar to the standard for me to have any interest.

There was no price difference between the X and Scorpio edition.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    There was no price difference between the X and Scorpio edition.

Yeah I know originally there wasn’t but on amazon now the standard is £20 cheaper.

erkifino wrote: »
    Is the 185 without the 50% bonus?

with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,156 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Muppet Man wrote: »
    Has anyone traded a 500GB xbox one with gamestop... how much did you get?

Muppet man

They offered me €80 plus the 50% bonus so €120 in total. Didn't bother, sold it to a friend for €100.

Does the X have any more USB ports on it over the standard. I'm thinking in terms of the external drive.

Basically I'm asking if the external can be plugged into the rear of the X and be kept hidden.

Just doing some planning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

Does the X have any more USB ports on it over the standard. I'm thinking in terms of the external drive.

Basically I'm asking if the external can be plugged into the rear of the X and be kept hidden.

Just doing some planning

two in the rear and one in the front

dunworth1 wrote: »
    two in the rear and one in the front

Sweet that's sorted so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,320 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sweet that's sorted so

Did the One not have the same, two in the back one at the side? The S definitely had two in the back and one on the side.

• Advertisement

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Did the One not have the same, two in the back one at the side? The S definitely had two in the back and one on the side.

I never even looked.

Are the back ones USB 3.0?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭dunworth1

I never even looked.

Are the back ones USB 3.0?

yep all are usb 3.0

4TB is down to £110 on Amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

I traded my original xbox one (1tb)... for 180 against the xbox one. Apparently that included a 50% bonus. I was happy enough with that to be fair. Now to try find a game that looks better on the little 43 inch 4k/hdr LG tv that I have hooked up to it...

got €260 off it for a 500Gb One S and a 320Gb 360 slim. Happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Has anyone noticed a difference with the controllers for the X. My a button & the guide button seem to get stuck.

Not great for a €500 machine. Seems MS skimp on the controllers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

trixiebust wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed a difference with the controllers for the X. My a button & the guide button seem to get stuck.

The controllers are all the same, contact wherever you got the X from and request a new controller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Mine is perfect no problems and it seems they updated the bumper buttons as well compared to my other controllers including the Elite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

The one that I got did seem a bit stiff on the button presses at first, but it has loosened out over the last 3 weeks!

• Advertisement

Blazer wrote: »
    Excellent, ordered for half of the price in Ireland. I’m gonna miss those uk sites when Brexit hits.

After much back and forth in my head, I went and ordered one myself, I'm just finalizing how best to inform the mrs that I want to build something like this

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/dorz-racing-cockpit-ottoman-style.182172/

Advertisement