Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭maximoose

Fortnite, Skyrim and Fallout 4 X support patches are rolling out today

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

erkifino wrote: »
    How does it fair on pick up and play, then walk away? Do games 'drag' with people hiding or can you go through a session in 10/15 minutes?

I've played about 10 hours and I strongly dislike it in solo. Clearly it's doing something right when it's so incredibly popular but I honestly can say it's just not for me.

Haven't played duo which I would imagine is a lot better alright but none of my friends play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

Just got the x earlier with forza 7 in argos earlier and must say i prefer it over gt sport on my ps4 pro..It looks really crisp and clear so far on the x

• maximoose wrote: »
    Fortnite, Skyrim and Fallout 4 X support patches are rolling out today

Fallout 4 patch hardly changes anything
    Still 30FPS too and it's ridiculous in size even though it doesn't contain any 4k Assets.
    Near 16-17gb :mad:

FPS dips too

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Squads and duos are much more fun than solo imo, I've barely touched solo apart from when i first got the game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

At least the hacking element will be gone from the Xbox version. In game with hackers at least once a session for me. Maybe i'm just unfortunate.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,380 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

At least the hacking element will be gone from the Xbox version. In game with hackers at least once a session for me. Maybe i'm just unfortunate.

No it's rife with them, and I'm looking forward to knowing every one is on a level playing field on console. At least there's a kill cam now though so it will be more obvious if someone was hacking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Mickeroo wrote: »
    No it's rife with them, and I'm looking forward to knowing every one is on a level playing field on console. At least there's a kill cam now though so it will be more obvious if someone was hacking.

Only 12 days away now, I'm really looking forward to it. Its going to be intersting to see what kind of an audience it gathers on console, and how well it runs on xbox one s. With prices for that machine dipping as low as €189, its an amazing entry point for anyone who wants to play battlegrounds and stream it at the same time.

Think i'll dust off my Xbox to play it. It's the only thing i play on PC and i have such a backlog of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Mickeroo wrote: »

I've yet to come across a hacker in over 300 hours of playing.
    I keep hearing reports of hackers being in every game but I call sour grapes on that from most people.
    Is there hackers? obviously..is there as many as people say? not a bloody chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Blazer wrote: »
    I keep hearing reports of hackers being in every game but I call sour grapes on that from most people.
    Is there hackers? obviously..is there as many as people say? not a bloody chance.

I don't play too many online games but a year or two ago I used to play Battlefield 4 on PC a fair bit and there was a tonne of hackers obviously their number is quite small compared to the overall players but they ruin it on everyone else. I have no idea what they get out of it tbh.

Blazer wrote: »

I never said they're in every game (nor has anyone else as far as I know) but once you know they're there you're always questioning when someone pulls off that crazy good headshot. I've similar game time to you and have seen two I know for sure were using aimbots.

It's the multiple headshots with a Tommy Gun in less than 5 seconds that you can see on the Killfeed i'm talking about. That actually happened to me in a game the other night. I was one of the poor souls to die. :D

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Still 30FPS too and it's ridiculous in size even though it doesn't contain any 4k Assets.

FPS dips too

It's because the CPU is far too weak to push more than 30fps in the game. It's the same on the PS4 Pro. An FPS analysis is a bit silly as it was never going to be much better in that regard. The Xbox One X brings serious GPU heft to the table, the CPU is only marginally better, and FO4 is a notoriously CPU bound game.

What you do get though is improved visuals and a better draw distance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,427 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

FPS dips too

The Fallout 4 enhancement includes dynamic resolution, enhanced draw distance for trees, grass, objects and NPCs, as well as enhanced God Ray effects.

The draw distances will be one of the standout additions to a game, which supports such a large map and explorable area.

• The Fallout 4 enhancement includes dynamic resolution, enhanced draw distance for trees, grass, objects and NPCs, as well as enhanced God Ray effects.

The draw distances will be one of the standout additions to a game, which supports such a large map and explorable area.

Just tested it last night. Looks near identical to the X1 version.
    Poor implementation tbh

Just tested it last night. Looks near identical to the X1 version.
    Poor implementation tbh

seeing as the games are so janky and messy anyway, its no surprise to see they've fumbled this as well.

someone on Reddit has put up a list of recommended mods for This and skyrim to help the visuals on a bit.
    www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/7gg72c/fallout_4_skyrim_indepth_list_of_best_visual_mods/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It's because the CPU is far too weak to push more than 30fps in the game. It's the same on the PS4 Pro. An FPS analysis is a bit silly as it was never going to be much better in that regard. The Xbox One X brings serious GPU heft to the table, the CPU is only marginally better, and FO4 is a notoriously CPU bound game.

What you do get though is improved visuals and a better draw distance.

I can't wait for the next gen and if they stick with AMD we may see a Ryzen 7 and enhanced Vega APU.

To be fair though - we're looking at a system that games have yet to be specifically built to take advantage of. in 2 or 3 years time, devs will be well up to speed on the limits of the hardware and scaling back accordingly so that the one s can still run the games at lower fidelity.
    Everything thats getting an upgrade patch at the moment should really only be treated as a bonus more than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

my one x came with a free game pass for a month but sadly it says trial is for new players as i had a pass before so giving it away if anyone wants it in pm..sorry if its wrong thread

Edit: Code is now taken

• Advertisement

To be fair though - we're looking at a system that games have yet to be specifically built to take advantage of. in 2 or 3 years time, devs will be well up to speed on the limits of the hardware and scaling back accordingly so that the one s can still run the games at lower fidelity.
    Everything thats getting an upgrade patch at the moment should really only be treated as a bonus more than anything else.

It's not really that big a deal - same architecture, just a better GPU in one. But you're not rewriting the game from the ground up or doing a complex conversion.

The bottleneck in the Xbox One X is the CPU, it's why it's still not great for CPU bound games like Fallout 4 or Battlefield 64 player online. It's based on old and pretty obsolete AMD technology but MS/Sony had to compromise somewhere and it is the CPU. They are comparable in performance to somewhere between an Intel Celeron and Pentium processor, depending on how the game is coded.

But for most games which are GPU heavy/CPU forgiving, it's fine. But it is the reason that most games which had framerate issues, have framerate issues. It is not the lack of graphics horsepower of the consoles as many prople incorrectly assume.

Fallout 4 is not exactly a beautiful game even at ultra settings anyway, but it is running at higher resolution, better godrays, increased particle count etc on the Xbox One X. Same with the PS4 version. Better visuals but framerate pretty much the same.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

PUBG will apparently be 60FPS on Xbox One X, while it'll probably be around 30FPS on the Xbox One/S. Nice to see them not limit the X just to maintain parity with the One/S.

See here.

Great news.

PUBG is surprisingly very CPU light but horribly taxing on the GPU so it's an example where the XB1 should shine incredibly well versus the baseline XB1. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

CatInABox wrote: »
    PUBG will apparently be 60FPS on Xbox One X, while it'll probably be around 30FPS on the Xbox One/S. Nice to see them not limit the X just to maintain parity with the One/S.

See here.

Great to see a dev strive for 60 frames over 30 frames any day of the week! :)

Just got an email from Square Enix there, FF XV has been updated for the X.
    Might finally play the copy I picked up during the summer for a 10er :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Great to see a dev strive for 60 frames over 30 frames any day of the week! :)

Just got an email from Square Enix there, FF XV has been updated for the X.
    Might finally play the copy I picked up during the summer for a 10er :D

I’ve FF XV and Fallout 4 sitting there, I waited til the X files (eh? EH?!) were updated to give them a lash. That’s the next month or two sorted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭Muppet Man

Somewhat related, I sold my xbox one privately instead of trading it in at gamestop. I got 180 euro for a 500GB and Kinnect, two controllers and a headset. Might be an option for some people. It sold in two or three days.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Second Yellow

Looking forward to PUBG on One X. Should be a huge success for Xbox

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

CatInABox wrote: »

See here.

Annnnnnnnd it's back down to 30 FPS on all Xbox One consoles. Disappointing, but not incredibly surprising.

Seems like your man needs a PR person to work his mouth, the number of PR faux pas he's had is unreal at this stage.

Advertisement