Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things Xbox One X

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

JoyPad wrote: »
    Not really. I picked the store thinking I would be grabbing it on one of our weekend shopping trips to Pavilions. But I work in Dublin 4. Will need to take time off work, I think.

Hope you dont mind be saying but you look terrible, are you sick? ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭gmg678

so according to Smyths twitter page, someone asked. they are having a midnight launch for orders made before 31/10/2017 and that all other orders will be furfilled by the 19th. not sure if its just UK stores or both.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭j14

I was in yesterday and got €225 for a 1tb One S with just a controller, HDMI and power cable. No box or anything! Unless they dropped the value again today?

I've just traded my One S into Tallaght, Gamestop (I must say Conor was very helpful).

I got €225 for the 1TB One S console.

I have missed the first lot of stock.

Expected to have 2nd lot of stock in two weeks and I should have my X then but he could not give a definite date.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

JoyPad wrote: »
    Not really. I picked the store thinking I would be grabbing it on one of our weekend shopping trips to Pavilions. But I work in Dublin 4. Will need to take time off work, I think.

I'm taking the day off tomorrow, so I don't miss out.
    You might have to take some time off alright!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Anyone heard anything from Smyths?

I pre-ordered my Scorpio Edition within 2 hours of the Pre Orders going live. I have all of the confirmation e-mails etc but upon checking the Smyths website today, it says that it will be a first come first served policy.

With this in mind I called into the Smyths to find out what was going on with the Pre Orders and I was told that "first come first served" only applies to general console sales and that all Pre Orders would be honored and fulfilled.

I mentioned that I would be back at 9am to collect my console to which I was told "dont call at 9am because there is no guarantee that my console will be ready for collection". I was told that I must wait for a confirmation e-mail/text saying my order was ready.

When I explained that this would be ok for a standard console, I had ordered the limited edition version and didnt feel comfortable just sitting around waiting.

I am very skeptical, and I am thinking of just going into a 9am tomorrow again to try and secure my Pre Order.

Anyone got anything from Smyths yet, or does anyone know anyone working in a Smyths store that can confirm how the Pre Orders are going to be handled tomorrow?

OmegaGene wrote: »
    ask them on twitter

Have done, thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Amazon order now handed to courier for NI delivery tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

i'm a bit skeptical myself to be honest. I emailed them the other day and got back a pretty standard mail - ' thanks for getting in touch. This item launches next Tuesday November 7th and will be available to collect in store as of then'.

Am in work tomorrow, but might try to take a half day to collect it. Although i'm wondering will there be better value deals including games etc. if I don't get the limited edition one. Don't think any games come with it do they?

logik wrote: »

No, but I'm in the same boat as you!
    I'm certain that they wouldn't be dumb enough to give away a pre-order special edition unit to people who pre-ordered the regular edition.

If they do, they will have a huge fckuing backlash against them :D

• Advertisement

Chieftain wrote: »
    i'm a bit skeptical myself to be honest. I emailed them the other day and got back a pretty standard mail - ' thanks for getting in touch. This item launches next Tuesday November 7th and will be available to collect in store as of then'.

Am in work tomorrow, but might try to take a half day to collect it. Although i'm wondering will there be better value deals including games etc. if I don't get the limited edition one. Don't think any games come with it do they?

There are deals to be had alright, I am just not 100% sure of what games are bundled with it.

marcbrophy wrote: »
    No, but I'm in the same boat as you!
    I'm certain that they wouldn't be dumb enough to give away a pre-order special edition unit to people who pre-ordered the regular edition.

If they do, they will have a huge fckuing backlash against them :D

That's the thing mate, I can guarantee they will do this. I have little faith.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TheYardStick

I got a call from GameStop yesterday evening and the lady told me about the 50% extra trade in-offer (Which I already availed of, but hey ho). I asked her if she knew what the story was with stock, and she said they're not sure but there's a star beside my name on the list, meaning my getting one probably depends on someone else cancelling their pre-order.

Then she said she'd see me Tuesday for my pre-order. I'm not sure if she was trying to say that it's there for me or that I'll have to just go in and chance my arm tomorrow.

That's the thing mate, I can guarantee they will do this. I have little faith.

Let me know what they reply to you on twitter :o

• Been doing more fishing for peops and I believe half the stores (Approx 8 stores) will have some stock in Argos tomorrow
    Again go into any store now to reserve, either that or chance it tonight on the website @ 12:01am

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I pre-ordered my Scorpio Edition within 2 hours of the Pre Orders going live. I have all of the confirmation e-mails etc but upon checking the Smyths website today, it says that it will be a first come first served policy.

With this in mind I called into the Smyths to find out what was going on with the Pre Orders and I was told that "first come first served" only applies to general console sales and that all Pre Orders would be honored and fulfilled.

I mentioned that I would be back at 9am to collect my console to which I was told "dont call at 9am because there is no guarantee that my console will be ready for collection". I was told that I must wait for a confirmation e-mail/text saying my order was ready.

When I explained that this would be ok for a standard console, I had ordered the limited edition version and didnt feel comfortable just sitting around waiting.

I am very skeptical, and I am thinking of just going into a 9am tomorrow again to try and secure my Pre Order.

Anyone got anything from Smyths yet, or does anyone know anyone working in a Smyths store that can confirm how the Pre Orders are going to be handled tomorrow?

I'm in a similar situation to you, have a scorpio preordered for click and collect, rang head office, and after half an hour on the phone, the lady told me that my order had been processed and dispatched for delivery - odd seeing as I wanted click and collect.

Also, no charge has been applied to my card either.

I've used click and collect in the past and generally, you get an email that morning, saying your item is ready for collection, then when you phyically collect it at the counter, your card is charged. so IDK WTF is going on at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

maximoose wrote: »
    Amazon order now handed to courier for NI delivery tomorrow :)

As a matter of interest when did you order? I did on the 20th August, mine hadn’t even been despatched yet.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    As a matter of interest when did you order? I did on the 20th August, mine hadn’t even been despatched yet.

Ordered 20th of August as well, think they may be just slow in updating the tracking details

I'm in a similar situation to you, have a scorpio preordered for click and collect, rang head office, and after half an hour on the phone, the lady told me that my order had been processed and dispatched for delivery - odd seeing as I wanted click and collect.

I've used click and collect in the past and generally, you get an email that morning, saying your item is ready for collection, then when you phyically collect it at the counter, your card is charged. so IDK WTF is going on at the moment.

Exactly mate, I am under the same impression. I have logged into my Smyths account and my order just says "In Progress". I am waiting for them to respond on Twitter but I am going to the store at 9am tomorrow.

Ordered 20th of August as well, think they may be just slow in updating the tracking details

That would be a very pleasant surprise. Has your tracker updated on Amazon? Mine is still saying for dispatch and delivered before 8pm tomorrow (to PM)

• giphy.gif

Thread tomorrow...

• Advertisement

ibFoxer wrote: »
    That would be a very pleasant surprise. Has your tracker updated on Amazon? Mine is still saying for dispatch and delivered before 8pm tomorrow (to PM)

Only just updated in the last 10 mins with the tracking number, think you might be ok!

What date did you Pre Order yours?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

yeah mine is saying in progress too, lists the limerick store as the delivery address

ordered aug 21st, 9am.

What date did you Pre Order yours?

The announce stream wasn't over when I preordered it IIRC,

my email confirmation says it was the 20/08/17.

Elite Dangerous XBX patch out
    So, we’ve have added two new options for Xbox One X: Performance/Quality and 1080p/4K. We’re letting players tailor their own experience.
    We’ll have full details in the changelog when the update goes live. We’re aiming to have this update live for the official launch of Xbox One X.

Elite Dangerous runs in native 4K @ 3840160 on Xbox One X if set to 4K mode.
    All I can say specifically regarding framerate is that Xbox One X owners will see greatly increased performance over a standard Xbox One whether they play at 1080p or 4K. We try to always give players the best possible framerate and adapt it to the content in the scene.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Just on the way home with mine :D

Go Harvey Go! :D

Now back to the office to pretend I'm not watching the clock.

Forza 7 too

pqhcbv3.jpg

XboneX https://imgur.com/gallery/6k52S

Can someone fix my link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭bigboss1986

Just paid in full in GS Galway for Scorpio.They are usually open at 9am but its 9.30 tomorrow nation wide.Well I will be there at 8 :)

mossym wrote: »
    yeah mine is saying in progress too, lists the limerick store as the delivery address

ordered aug 21st.

I'm thinking - my delivery address is the store also - that the reason the service desk reckon its dispatched - is because it has left the warehouse and is on its way to the store, so by the time they process it into stock / assign it to click and collect - I'll have gotten my email telling me to call on and get it.

either way, its time off work tomorrow, I would have much preferred be able to turn up at 9am and grab it.

I reckon the scorpio editions are probably safe. woe betide anyone who makes a balls of this tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

amadablam wrote: »
    Just on the way home with mine :D

Go Harvey Go! :D

Now back to the office to pretend I'm not watching the clock.

Forza 7 too

[IMG][/img]https://imgur.com/gallery/6k52S

XboneX https://imgur.com/gallery/6k52S

Can someone fix my link?

Which Harvey Norman sold it after?

emmetkenny wrote: »

HPxrza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

I was just in Smyths in Blanchardstown and the nice lady at the games desk said that they're doing a mindnight launch for the X and I should receive an email or txt in the next few hours saying my order is ready and I can pick it up after 12 , I've the Scorpio edition booked , fingers crossed, just checked my account and Smyths have taken the muneez , whooo

• Registered Users Posts: 36 appoireland

gizabeer wrote: »
    I was just in Smyths in Blanchardstown and the nice lady at the games desk said that they're doing a mindnight launch for the X and I should receive an email or txt in the next few hours saying my order is ready and I can pick it up after 12 , I've the Scorpio edition booked , fingers crossed, just checked my account and Smyths have taken the muneez , whooo

Just checked my account also and money taken out by Smyths :)

for delivery or collection?

Me too! :D

Collection

emmetkenny wrote: »

It says Harvey Norman Limerick on the Price Tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Collection

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

j14 wrote: »
    It says Harvey Norman Limerick on the Price Tag.

I didn't see a price tag. Photos mustn't be loading or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 appoireland

Collection in Dublin :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

So the Gamestop +50% trade in deal is ending today?

Also, I presume you hand over your Xbox One S and are stuck without a console until they get an X in?

• Advertisement

Yay!, card has been charged.

and relax...........

quarryman wrote: »
    So the Gamestop +50% trade in deal is ending today?

Also, I presume you hand over your Xbox One S and are stuck without a console until they get an X in?

Speaking to the guys in Gamestop today and they don't know where the idea that the 50% trade in deal ends today is coming from.

Then again, the guys in a different Gamestop I was in yesterday said it ended today.

Nobody seems to know whats going on with the 50% extra trade in deal.

And yes, you hand in your console today and have nothing until they get the new one in stock in about 3 weeks.

I saw a lad here had collected one earlier.

Rang them, went it as they won't take orders over the phone.

Asked for a deposit but I paid in full as they only had one console on pre order and the rest were up for grabs.

Was leaving and told the guy that I might not be in tomorrow but to make sure it was not sold after I just paid in full .

Was heading back to the car and got told he could put it through for me.

I guess they probably thought it was better to give it to me rather than have it sold accidentally by Wednesday.

Over the moon and a bit surprised but happy.

amadablam wrote: »
    I saw a lad here had collected one earlier.

Rang them, went it as they won't take orders over the phone.

Asked for a deposit but I paid in full as they only had one console on pre order and the rest were up for grabs.

Was leaving and told the guy that I might not be in tomorrow but to make sure it was not sold after I just paid in full .

Was heading back to the car and got told he could put it through for me.

I guess they probably thought it was better to give it to me rather than have it sold accidentally by Wednesday.

Over the moon and a bit surprised but happy.

That was very cool of them.

Is it a Scorpio edition or the regular edition?

Yay!, card has been charged.

and relax...........

My Credit Card has also been charged, in the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Was there anymore news of Gamestop offering any deals with the console purchase? I remember seeing something about Forza 7 half price but the lad in the shop mentioned no deals for launch tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Demios wrote: »
    Was there anymore news of Gamestop offering any deals with the console purchase? I remember seeing something about Forza 7 half price but the lad in the shop mentioned no deals for launch tomorrow.

Only thing that was said to me was forza 7 for 25

Only just updated in the last 10 mins with the tracking number, think you might be ok!

No change sadly

j14 wrote: »
    That was very cool of them.

Is it a Scorpio edition or the regular edition?

Just the regular edition but Im still happy out as its a total surprise and after having half my roof and car wrecked in that stupid storm recently, it was nice for something to go right unexpectedly for a change

In the interest of fairness, I wont open it until tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I read in this thread about someone phoning smythstoys and the phone just ringing out, well I said I would give my local store a call to see if they are doing a midnight launch and the line just rang out a few times. What is the head office phone number does anyone know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Well guys a bit of searching found this.

Midnight launch all stores smythstoys.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/in-store-events

• Advertisement
Advertisement