Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

All things Xbox One X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I read in this thread about someone phoning smythstoys and the phone just ringing out, well I said I would give my local store a call to see if they are doing a midnight launch and the line just rang out a few times. What is the head office phone number does anyone know?

076 888 6244

good luck getting through.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Smyths are doing a midnight launch, it's up on their website, I managed to take advantage of the trade in deal in gamestop today, apparently today is last day for the offer, managed to get 195 euro for my one s 500GB against the one x, for 195 euro off the list price i'll be happy to wait a a couple more weeks. My nephew is over the moon, i gave him my scorpio pre order from smyths, can't wait to see the thing set up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Does anyone happen to know how much a PS4 pro is worth in trade in? I'm a tad tempted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

ibFoxer wrote: »
    No change sadly

To further on this, it is now with Royal Mail in Dunfermline on the RM24 delivery- should be in the North tomorrow so depending on time i'm hopeful of having it Wednesday, although more likely to be Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anyone happen to know how much a PS4 pro is worth in trade in? I'm a tad tempted.

I think someone else got €330.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

emmetkenny wrote: »

In fairness that is decent for GameStop.

Thats not bad since they're offering 50% bonus on trade in towards the X... wonder if it'll still be on tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,434 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thats not bad since they're offering 50% bonus on trade in towards the X... wonder if it'll still be on tomorrow.

The €330 included that 50%. He posted about it in the PS Pro thread.

The €330 included that 50%. He posted about it in the PS Pro thread.

Oh yes thats what I meant. Think I can scrape the other 170 together...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Doomofman wrote: »
    It's amazing the upgrades Oblivion and Fallout 3 got

I see no huge difference in Oblivion there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Xarth

Anyone got their supposed Email/text from Smyths yet? I pre-ordered a Scorpio edition on the 23rd Aug but only have my pre-order confirmation email so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

thinking of trading my xbox one standard 1tb for the x..how much would that knock off the e499 price? 120? 130?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Doomofman

thinking of trading my xbox one standard 1tb for the x..how much would that knock off the e499 price? 120? 130?

120... If the deal for 50% doesnt end tonight, 180... But nobody knows for sure about that deal

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Clara B

Xarth wrote: »
    Anyone got their supposed Email/text from Smyths yet? I pre-ordered a Scorpio edition on the 23rd Aug but only have my pre-order confirmation email so far...

Dont think anyone has yet , they took the money from peoples accounts earlier though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Clara B wrote: »
    Dont think anyone has yet , they took the money from peoples accounts earlier though

Yea the transaction is pending on my AIB credit card. So in other words it went through. It just takes them either tomorrow or Wednesday to show fully through on the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Lads I might have a spare console tomorrow in Limerick if anyone is interested.

I pre-ordered from Smyths back in August and the money has just come out of my account so I expect that to be available for collection tomorrow. I also took advantage of the Gamestop trade in program and have one pre-ordered with them, which should also be available tomorrow.

I'm not looking to make any money out of this and at the same time, I don't have time to be messing around. It's just as easy for me not to collect the one from Smyths and I will get refunded.

So if anyone genuinely wants my spare, please PM me. €500 Cash only on collection in Limerick. No posting or holding for a few days.

* This all depends on my orders being fulfilled by Gamestop & Smyths

Just got this in my inbox from MS Store :)
    Hello there!
    Be on the lookout! Your order placed on 05 November 2017 has been dispatched. You should now see the charge reflected in your account.

12 o'clock cannot come any faster. I won't even play a game on it tonight I will most likely just set it up and download updates during the night. It's just want it in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

12 o'clock cannot come any faster. I won't even play a game on it tonight I will most likely just set it up and download updates during the night. It's just want it in hand.

Just have a bash offline????

Never mind, I confused you with the guy who got his earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Dropped my One S into GS Stephen's Green today.
    Lads told me they have the Scorpios out back since last Friday.
    I chanced my arm, but no joy obviously.
    I could almost smell it!
    Have the day booked off tomorrow, can't wait!!!

theteal wrote: »
    Just have a bash offline????

I totally picked you up wrong when I first read that. I thought you were telling me to go on xhamster for the next couple of hours. :pac: :cool: :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I totally picked you up wrong when I first read that. I thought you were telling me to go on xhamster for the next couple of hours. :pac: :cool: :D

I was aware that my comment could be taken from that direction but I pushed through anyway.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 464 ✭✭gmg678

For tonight. Smyths have said when your order is ready for collection they will send email/text.

For the snes mini i got text at 1135pm to tell me it was ready for collection.so it could be around then before contact is sent out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Doomofman

quarryman wrote: »
    I see no huge difference in Oblivion there.

Nice comparison video of the differences

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz9dVjTPEEw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Just got a confirmation text from Smyths saying Xbox is ready for collection. Roll on midnight!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Just got a confirmation text from Smyths saying Xbox is ready for collection. Roll on midnight!

Me too ðŸ‘

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

Me too ðŸ‘

no text yet...hopefully soon

I just got mine as well and it says it will be reserved for 2 days but I will still collect it tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I've never been to a midnight launch in my life but tempted to go later!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Where's my god damn text!?!?

• Advertisement

i know the feeling......getting a bit worried bout it now. checked on smyths website and my order is still in progress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Did you check your email?

Yea the email is more important than the text as the email has a barcode that needs to be scanned.

Yea the email is more important than the text as the email has a barcode that needs to be scanned.

just got it now thankfully...very tempted to collect at midnight, although is a 30 min drive

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Sleazy Gonzales

Not yet. Either way I'll be going up at midnight ðŸ˜

Chieftain wrote: »
    just got it now thankfully...very tempted to collect at midnight, although is a 30 min drive

I'm lucky as there is a smyths in my local town about 4 miles away from me. But if I was to buy from gamestop that is at least a 35-40 minute drive away from me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Really looking forward to everyone's opinions tomorrow after using their new console. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

Text and email just dropped. Time to load up the caffeine!!!

Anyone know how to check or download the Xbox One X patches?

The option is not in the backup and restore menu as it was on the One S?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

Looks like I'm living on xbox and Redbull for the next week

• Advertisement

amadablam wrote: »
    Anyone know how to check or download the Xbox One X patches?

The option is not in the backup and restore menu as it was on the One S?

It should download the patches automatically. But if it is anything like the original One they seem to spread the updates out I found as I only turn on my Xbox the odd time(hopefully that will change with the X) and the updates don't all come together I might get some today after not turning it on for ages and turn it on tomorrow and more updates and so on...

It should download the patches automatically. But if it is anything like the original One they seem to spread the updates out I found as I only turn on my Xbox the odd time(hopefully that will change with the X) and the updates don't all come together I might get some today after not turning it on for ages and turn it on tomorrow and more updates and so on...

That's what I thought. I had two updates for quantum break and halo on my One S and neither of them are showing up to download on the One X which is strange.

Also having problems getting disc games to play such as GOW4 and Quantum Break, neither will play despite numerous hard resets

Update: Had to uninstall each game and reinstall the game and updates, which will take a while.

If anyone else has the problem, that should sort it for you although it's a lot of downloads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Going to wait till after Xmas myself to pick up an x I'd say. But best of luck to everyone tonight. I hope ye all get one

B##tards :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Well, the fact that I got an email from Smyths means that my console is packaged and kept in the store room for me.
    I'm thinking I'll just head to bed and get a fresh start at it first thing tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Can someone who is collecting tonight let us know if smyths have any bundle deals please?

rafi bomb wrote: »
    Can someone who is collecting tonight let us know if smyths have any bundle deals please?

Afaik there are no bundles at launch they will most likely be at Christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

Afaik there are no bundles at launch they will most likely be at Christmas.

Yea thought as much. Just thought they might have a deal on forza or something like gamestop and Harvey Norman

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

If they do I'll be flogging a copy of Forza on adverts tomorrow

Parked outside smyths, wondering if they would give me my Scorpio half an hour early...:)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

Update

They won't :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Doomofman wrote: »
    Nice comparison video of the differences

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz9dVjTPEEw

Thanks for that.

But I actually find it very hard to see a massive difference between the two. I’m not sure what the lads in the video are smoking saying it is “incredible” and “insane”. It’s a very marginal improvement. And they don’t show any of the load times or framerate differences...

Advertisement