Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All things Xbox One X

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭j14

quarryman wrote: »
    So the Gamestop +50% trade in deal is ending today?

Also, I presume you hand over your Xbox One S and are stuck without a console until they get an X in?

Speaking to the guys in Gamestop today and they don't know where the idea that the 50% trade in deal ends today is coming from.

Then again, the guys in a different Gamestop I was in yesterday said it ended today.

Nobody seems to know whats going on with the 50% extra trade in deal.

And yes, you hand in your console today and have nothing until they get the new one in stock in about 3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I saw a lad here had collected one earlier.

Rang them, went it as they won't take orders over the phone.

Asked for a deposit but I paid in full as they only had one console on pre order and the rest were up for grabs.

Was leaving and told the guy that I might not be in tomorrow but to make sure it was not sold after I just paid in full .

Was heading back to the car and got told he could put it through for me.

I guess they probably thought it was better to give it to me rather than have it sold accidentally by Wednesday.

Over the moon and a bit surprised but happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 836 ✭✭✭j14

amadablam wrote: »
    I saw a lad here had collected one earlier.

Rang them, went it as they won't take orders over the phone.

Asked for a deposit but I paid in full as they only had one console on pre order and the rest were up for grabs.

Was leaving and told the guy that I might not be in tomorrow but to make sure it was not sold after I just paid in full .

Was heading back to the car and got told he could put it through for me.

I guess they probably thought it was better to give it to me rather than have it sold accidentally by Wednesday.

Over the moon and a bit surprised but happy.

That was very cool of them.

Is it a Scorpio edition or the regular edition?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

Yay!, card has been charged.

and relax...........

My Credit Card has also been charged, in the last hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Demios

Was there anymore news of Gamestop offering any deals with the console purchase? I remember seeing something about Forza 7 half price but the lad in the shop mentioned no deals for launch tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭wexdevil

Demios wrote: »
    Was there anymore news of Gamestop offering any deals with the console purchase? I remember seeing something about Forza 7 half price but the lad in the shop mentioned no deals for launch tomorrow.

Only thing that was said to me was forza 7 for 25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

maximoose wrote: »
    Only just updated in the last 10 mins with the tracking number, think you might be ok!

No change sadly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

j14 wrote: »
    That was very cool of them.

Is it a Scorpio edition or the regular edition?

Just the regular edition but Im still happy out as its a total surprise and after having half my roof and car wrecked in that stupid storm recently, it was nice for something to go right unexpectedly for a change

In the interest of fairness, I wont open it until tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I read in this thread about someone phoning smythstoys and the phone just ringing out, well I said I would give my local store a call to see if they are doing a midnight launch and the line just rang out a few times. What is the head office phone number does anyone know?

Well guys a bit of searching found this.

Midnight launch all stores smythstoys.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/in-store-events

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I read in this thread about someone phoning smythstoys and the phone just ringing out, well I said I would give my local store a call to see if they are doing a midnight launch and the line just rang out a few times. What is the head office phone number does anyone know?

076 888 6244

good luck getting through.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭beercr8te

Smyths are doing a midnight launch, it's up on their website, I managed to take advantage of the trade in deal in gamestop today, apparently today is last day for the offer, managed to get 195 euro for my one s 500GB against the one x, for 195 euro off the list price i'll be happy to wait a a couple more weeks. My nephew is over the moon, i gave him my scorpio pre order from smyths, can't wait to see the thing set up tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Does anyone happen to know how much a PS4 pro is worth in trade in? I'm a tad tempted.

ibFoxer wrote: »
    No change sadly

To further on this, it is now with Royal Mail in Dunfermline on the RM24 delivery- should be in the North tomorrow so depending on time i'm hopeful of having it Wednesday, although more likely to be Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Does anyone happen to know how much a PS4 pro is worth in trade in? I'm a tad tempted.

I think someone else got €330.

emmetkenny wrote: »

In fairness that is decent for GameStop.

Thats not bad since they're offering 50% bonus on trade in towards the X... wonder if it'll still be on tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,313 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thats not bad since they're offering 50% bonus on trade in towards the X... wonder if it'll still be on tomorrow.

The €330 included that 50%. He posted about it in the PS Pro thread.

The €330 included that 50%. He posted about it in the PS Pro thread.

Oh yes thats what I meant. Think I can scrape the other 170 together...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Doomofman wrote: »
    It's amazing the upgrades Oblivion and Fallout 3 got

I see no huge difference in Oblivion there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Xarth

Anyone got their supposed Email/text from Smyths yet? I pre-ordered a Scorpio edition on the 23rd Aug but only have my pre-order confirmation email so far...

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭mcgrath1992

thinking of trading my xbox one standard 1tb for the x..how much would that knock off the e499 price? 120? 130?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Doomofman

thinking of trading my xbox one standard 1tb for the x..how much would that knock off the e499 price? 120? 130?

120... If the deal for 50% doesnt end tonight, 180... But nobody knows for sure about that deal

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Clara B

Xarth wrote: »
    Anyone got their supposed Email/text from Smyths yet? I pre-ordered a Scorpio edition on the 23rd Aug but only have my pre-order confirmation email so far...

Dont think anyone has yet , they took the money from peoples accounts earlier though

Clara B wrote: »
    Dont think anyone has yet , they took the money from peoples accounts earlier though

Yea the transaction is pending on my AIB credit card. So in other words it went through. It just takes them either tomorrow or Wednesday to show fully through on the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

Lads I might have a spare console tomorrow in Limerick if anyone is interested.

I pre-ordered from Smyths back in August and the money has just come out of my account so I expect that to be available for collection tomorrow. I also took advantage of the Gamestop trade in program and have one pre-ordered with them, which should also be available tomorrow.

I'm not looking to make any money out of this and at the same time, I don't have time to be messing around. It's just as easy for me not to collect the one from Smyths and I will get refunded.

So if anyone genuinely wants my spare, please PM me. €500 Cash only on collection in Limerick. No posting or holding for a few days.

* This all depends on my orders being fulfilled by Gamestop & Smyths

Just got this in my inbox from MS Store :)
    Hello there!
    Be on the lookout! Your order placed on 05 November 2017 has been dispatched. You should now see the charge reflected in your account.

12 o'clock cannot come any faster. I won't even play a game on it tonight I will most likely just set it up and download updates during the night. It's just want it in hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

12 o'clock cannot come any faster. I won't even play a game on it tonight I will most likely just set it up and download updates during the night. It's just want it in hand.

Just have a bash offline????

Never mind, I confused you with the guy who got his earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭WarpAsylum

Dropped my One S into GS Stephen's Green today.
    Lads told me they have the Scorpios out back since last Friday.
    I chanced my arm, but no joy obviously.
    I could almost smell it!
    Have the day booked off tomorrow, can't wait!!!

Advertisement