Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Samaritan needed in Galway city

Options
  • 31-10-2017 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

This is the most embarassing thing I've ever had to ask, but desperate times call for desperate measures!
    I'm a single mum who's just moved to Dublin to be closer to family after things with their dad went tits up. 
    I moved my company over to Ireland with me, however I've now found myself in this ridiculous situation that I need
    a PPS number (I was born in the UK so don't automatically get one) to employ myself and finish off some other tax bits.
    The only problem is that Dublin has a waiting list til New Year and the only way to get it sorted in the next couple
    of days is to do it in Galway. Sounds easy right? Think again! My proof of adress in Dublin means Galway can't handle it!
    So, what I'm wondering is if anyone would be willing to let me use their address in Galway? I'll of course change my address back
    to Dublin staight after the appt! I know its a complete long shot being a complete stranger, but I really don't want to have to be one of those typical on-the-dole single 
    mums, or expect my family to support us when we could so easy support ourselves if I just had a PPS number!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Alice, this sounds dodgy on several levels so I am closing this thread.
    Hope it works out for you some other way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement