Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CODENAMES | Game 2

Options

Comments

Czech wasn't for yellow? I am shocked..

Was I correct with Cliff for Snooker? I was thinking Olive could have been the colour of the table too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭sullivlo

I was clapping with delight when you guys mentioned Jupiter and yellow!

But then we lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

So to explain....

Clue 1
    Red = Warlord 2 (Ruler, Fighter, Pass) Both these are as intended.

Clue 2
    Red = Snooker 2 (Triangle, Cliff, Pass) Both these are as intended. Cliff Thorburn the player and triangle obviously.

Clue 3
    Red = Homestore 2 (London - wrong) Some consternation from this one. Homestore was in reference to "Homestore and more" and in that context HOMESTORE is only one word so was an OK clue. Shop and Mug were the two answers.

Clue 4
    Red = Discard 3 (shop, nail - wrong) - Was aiming for DROP from discard and hoping you'd get the other two from HOMESTORE. The reason I said DISCARD 3 and not 1 was to give you 2 extra attempts, but 2 would have actually been enough.

Clue 5
    Red = Semiaquatic 3 (platypus, litter - wrong) - Platypus was right, again was trying to give you the extra guesses.

Clue 6
    Red = Crockery 2 (Mug, Drop) - trying to ensure you didn't say button so went to clarify mug and hoped you still get drop which I thought you would given your previous posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

Jayop wrote: »
    So to explain....

Clue 1
    Red = Warlord 2 (Ruler, Fighter, Pass) Both these are as intended.

Clue 2
    Red = Snooker 2 (Triangle, Cliff, Pass) Both these are as intended. Cliff Thorburn the player and triangle obviously.

Clue 3
    Red = Homestore 2 (London - wrong) Some consternation from this one. Homestore was in reference to "Homestore and more" and in that context HOMESTORE is only one word so was an OK clue. Shop and Mug were the two answers.

Clue 4
    Red = Discard 3 (shop, nail - wrong) - Was aiming for DROP from discard and hoping you'd get the other two from HOMESTORE. The reason I said DISCARD 3 and not 1 was to give you 2 extra attempts, but 2 would have actually been enough.

Clue 5
    Red = Semiaquatic 3 (platypus, litter - wrong) - Platypus was right, again was trying to give you the extra guesses.

Clue 6
    Red = Crockery 2 (Mug, Drop) - trying to ensure you didn't say button so went to clarify mug and hoped you still get drop which I thought you would given your previous posts.

homestore is a furniture shop in london, home store + more is the shops you are referring to.

• Advertisement

sKeith wrote: »
    homestore is a furniture shop in london, home store + more is the shops you are referring to.

On their facebook page HOMESTORE is one word.

https://www.facebook.com/homestoreandmore/?hc_ref=ARR8U0kU4MPxLkD3kLZ8qf62IR9XCZ5Knt8TkmkvQKmYic42bCXeZrEm2EvgQs3TFys&fref=nf

True. They should pick one and stick to it. Not have such a scattered identity.

Fecking home-store and more :)

Fecking home-store and more :)
    Making a MUG of us all.

Clue 1

Blue = Dark 2 (Cold, Night, Pass)
    Was aiming for Jupiter here but cold and night were okay

Clue 2

Blue = Yellow 2 (Lemon, Olive - wrong)
    Was going for Jupiter again, or tenuously Egypt because it’s mostly sand/yellow

Clue 3

Blue = Pyramids 1 (Egypt, pass)
    worked

Clue 4

Blue = Orchestra 1 (Conductor, pass)
    worked

Clue 5

Blue = Hitman 2 (contract, bomb )
    worked

I was conscious of the trigger word being button!

• Advertisement

Cliff Thorburn! That was a seriously esoteric clue! I did a lot of googling to come to that conclusion

sullivlo wrote: »
    Clue 1

Blue = Dark 2 (Cold, Night, Pass)
    Was aiming for Jupiter here but cold and night were okay

Clue 2

Blue = Yellow 2 (Lemon, Olive - wrong)
    Was going for Jupiter again, or tenuously Egypt because it’s mostly sand/yellow

Clue 3

Blue = Pyramids 1 (Egypt, pass)
    worked

Clue 4

Blue = Orchestra 1 (Conductor, pass)
    worked

Clue 5

Blue = Hitman 2 (contract, bomb )
    worked

I was conscious of the trigger word being button!

If you had of left egypt, and went straight for orchestra, i would have guessed egypt next for the yellow. was never guessing jupiter for yellow though :(

I'd be a snooks fan so that would be obvious to me, but not everyone else.

We could get another one up and running or leave it till tomorrow? Problem with tomorrow is that it's be over the weekend.

I've actually figured a better way to organise the game using that website I mentioned, but it takes making screenshots and posting the image here after each turn. A bit of work but it's much clearer what's happening.

Cliff Thorburn! That was a seriously esoteric clue! I did a lot of googling to come to that conclusion

i had triangle and cliff immediately. Thought it was a good clue. I never would have linked olive to snooker though.

If only you'd fallen for my titan jupiter cue tips clue pj, lol

We could get another one up and running or leave it till tomorrow? Problem with tomorrow is that it's be over the weekend.

I've actually figured a better way to organise the game using that website I mentioned, but it takes making screenshots and posting the image here after each turn. A bit of work but it's much clearer what's happening.

Okay, explain how we set up a new game as a team captain.

I do think we have gotten a system that works with the colours and strike though list. The OP is nice, but seems like a lot of effort to keep up during a game.

Okay, explain how we set up a new game as a team captain.

I do think we have gotten a system that works with the colours and strike though list. The OP is nice, but seems like a lot of effort to keep up during a game.

It's not that much less bother than the screenshots and using the site actually makes it easier from a team captain POV to follow what's happening. I use the touchsite on mobile and the coloured words just show up as black so I was floundering a few times.

I'd like to try one using the site.

So basically one of the two captains go to https://www.horsepaste.com/ and hits go. That word identifier is how you access the game after that. It creates the board and the sets of words. You can then switch between game master view and play view. When on play view for each teams turn you just click the words the team has guessed and it does the rest. Then screenshot it after the game and you post it here.

It's very important to always snip the URL from the screenshot though as otherwise the words can be found by everyone.

Okay, I think i get it..

Team captains share the secret code and players get this.

432249.JPG

Exactly. And if you look at the top there's a switch between red turn and blue turn. If you enter a wrong answer it switches itself but if not then you have to switch it.

Also, if you click the wrong word by mistake there's no fixing it which is a balls.

• Advertisement

So, if you were the other team captain, I just tell you by PM that the secret code word is sKeith , thats it, then start the game and give a red clue.

Bingo.

So, if you were the other team captain, I just tell you by PM that the secret code word is sKeith , thats it, then start the game and give a red clue.

Guys I think I know the secret code word

• Registered Users Posts: 6,617 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ugh my work net nanny doesn't like that website. Fs.

Also GO RED TEAM!

OK Keith will you be red captain the next time. Who's like to be blue??

Sully you want to go again or have someone else do it?

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Ugh my work net nanny doesn't like that website. Fs.

Also GO RED TEAM!

Providing your not captain you'll never need it. And even as captain, you can do it on your phone easily if you have data.

I'd love to be a captain but if my work is gonna block that site I'd have to depend on my phone for the back stuff.

Ha. Snap.

Honestly, doing it on your phone is easy. Are you able to take a sceenshot and do a basic edit to a picture cropping it to only show the box?

• Advertisement

okay. story so far. Captains - Red , sKeith - Blue, Molly.

Players. Jayop and QB (hehe).

Anybody else wanna play codenames | game 3?

Advertisement