Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I was threatened with a gun at work

Options
  • 31-10-2017 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

I was threaten at work with a gun nearly a week ago and I still haven't felt the same since

I do security all over Dublin I happen to be in this shop a euro spar in inchicore for the last 5 weeks but this week I was transfer some where eles over the incident.

I started at 3pm and the man came to the shop drunk at half 4 this shop is bad for getting robbed all the time everyday and I felt I was confident enough to work there and stop the stock getting robbed.

Whilst I was guarding the door to stop all the thieves at the door coming in I got a push of the man an started getting being abusive so he went out an was still being abusive.

So he went out and still for about 10minutes still being aggressive and abusive he had a friend round the corner and he's friend passed him a gun he started threating me with a gun and told me he would be back for me at 10pm when I was finish but he came back at half 9 with a gun and bullets so I called the gards an got him arrested.

I told a few family members but word got around to that I was nearly shot at work and everyone is asking did I press charges and I said yes now people is telling me that I shoudnt have done it cos I don't no who the man is cos he might be a top man or gangster in inchicore.

Since then that was a Thursday night I have been working everyday since then and my mind hasn't been right I just keep thinking if I was dead leaving my wife and kid behind an doing personal an werd things since then

Now I was transfer to another shop since Mondays yesterday in jobstown Dublin and its another very rough place like inchicore and I don't feel as confident i feel kinda backed off being polite and not rough enough as I was before in case I do get killed by the end of the night

Now I got a called today of the gards saying he's in custody since Thursday night and he's jue up in court now this has made keep thinking about my own safety and its not helping with the problems I'm having at home I'm

Is there any advice you could give me or anything I could do thanks people telling there's a claim there but I don't want rightly to do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

It's understandable that you'd be put off security work.

Is there any other line of work you can handily move into?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi That is an terrible thing to go through and I would imagine very scary , I can't see this person being high up in a gang hanging outside a Euro shop , I could be wrong , maybe you should go have a chat with a doc don't let this fester away at you , good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭flanna01

Why would you bother about a scumbag, wannabe, pretend gangster...???

These guys are the dregs of society, they have no respect for themselves, let alone anybody else.

Thankfully, the vast majority of them are as thick as a ditch, and on a one way trip to prison.

Carry on with your life, supporting your family. Let the lone Ranger and his crack head mate be dealt with by the courts, they are scum.

The same scum is not worthy to walk in your shoes - Suck it up and move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭noble00

Hi That is an terrible thing to go through and I would imagine very scary , I can't see this person being high up in a gang hanging outside a Euro shop , I could be wrong , maybe you should go have a chat with a doc don't let this fester away at you , good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

If possible at all, I'd try to shrug it off if you can.

Unfortunately these things happen, I was robbed at knife point few years ago in the shop I worked in by 3 lads in Xtravisionn Ashleaf Shopping Centre while a colleague was robbed in Inchicore. Not plesant and different people handle it differently but I wouldn't let it effect your livelihood. Bear in mind, these are some hyped up nobodies who realistically aren't going to shot your or even hit you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

We had a guy come in to our shop and threaten to shoot us a few years back. It was weird for a while but you get back to normal soon enough. Sounds like it might be worth talking to someone about it though.

Advertisement