Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't connect using lte

Options
  • 31-10-2017 9:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

I have a meteor mobile broadband account for the last few years. It has worked really well. Just after the storm, Saturday week I tried to connect but while showing a mobile signal , a red light on my router showed I couldn't connectto 4g. I. Rang support today and they advised to try to change the SIM card .
    I did this today but have the same issue. While trying to set it up I tried setting the sim to connect using 3G only. This is connecting fine just slow but 4g isn't working. 
    I changed my router last year ,it has worked fine, I've reset it without luck. I tried a diagnosis and it gave me an error when using lte on the IP address.  Could this be the apn ? Why would it work for 3G and not 4g? 
    Support confirmed the account itself is ok and the signal in my area is ok

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

bleary wrote: »
    I have a meteor mobile broadband account for the last few years. It has worked really well. Just after the storm, Saturday week I tried to connect but while showing a mobile signal , a red light on my router showed I couldn't connectto 4g. I. Rang support today and they advised to try to change the SIM card .
    I did this today but have the same issue. While trying to set it up I tried setting the sim to connect using 3G only. This is connecting fine just slow but 4g isn't working. 
    I changed my router last year ,it has worked fine, I've reset it without luck. I tried a diagnosis and it gave me an error when using lte on the IP address.  Could this be the apn ? Why would it work for 3G and not 4g? 
    Support confirmed the account itself is ok and the signal in my area is ok
    Hi bleary,

Thanks for getting in touch. Can you check that your internet settings are the same as the settings outlined on the below link please:

http://support.eir.ie/article/How_do_I_check_my_internet_settings

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭bleary

Hi, yes I'd tried this out, tried again since no luck, running diagnostics on the router I got the following message 3.2 Data Connection Status: Connection failed with error code 0x00060021 BLOCK
    It seems exactly the same issue as in the following post https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057695564
    However I have been in to the eir shop and rang customer support and they have not identified an issue with the account. This happened in the middle of the storms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

bleary wrote: »
    Hi, yes I'd tried this out, tried again since no luck, running diagnostics on the router I got the following message 3.2 Data Connection Status: Connection failed with error code 0x00060021 BLOCK
    It seems exactly the same issue as in the following post https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057695564
    However I have been in to the eir shop and rang customer support and they have not identified an issue with the account. This happened in the middle of the storms
    Sorry to hear it's still down for you. Do you have a different device that you could try your SIM in?

- adam

Advertisement