Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever ever seen sex pests in your place of work?

• 31-10-2017 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

I haven't. I think 99 out of 100 guys are not like that.They are decent people. It is a power trip that drives 1 out of 100 men to be at that place where they think they are above decency

Comments

Chore sex guy. His longest running manifestation.

But topic after topic, the same preoccupation with sex and...the mental health of hunter gatherers.

He's edgy tonight, must be his 4th or 5th effort at starting a topic. What happened today CSG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Yep. They promoted him to get rid of him......which kind of sends out the wrong message.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Got felt up once whilst working as a massage therapist. He left a tip...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

He left a tip...

Was he a leper?

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I haven't. Is it a power trip that drives men to be at that place

No because they had 'genetically evolved ' to understand the 'social construct' of right and wrong and went hunter gathering.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

I saw some cockroaches go at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

I did get a finger up the bum once from one of the girls at work...she said it was accidental...but I'm not so sure...she was holding a biro at the time and it never turned up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,655 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I haven't. I think 99 out of 100 guys are not like that. Is it a power trip that drives 1 out of 100 men to be at that place

If you can't spot the sex pest In work then that means the sex pest is YOU!!!!

No because they had 'genetically evolved ' to understand the 'social construct' of right and wrong and went hunter gathering.

:rolleyes:

The oddest, yet most interesting aspect about chore sex guy is not the topics, it's how he distributes the topics amongst his various characters. His badabing has gone under the radar with mods for years, but check out that "threads started" list on his profile - sex, women, agrarian society.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Chore sex guy. His longest running manifestation.

But topic after topic, the same preoccupation with sex and...the mental health of hunter gatherers.

He's edgy tonight, must be his 4th or 5th effort at starting a topic. What happened today CSG?

Conor you're always in there first! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭jackboy

A middle aged guy I work with gives the good looking girls back and neck massages without asking permission. The men at work can't figure out how he gets away with this. The women maintain that he is a lovely guy who means nothing by it. He is undoubtedly a pervert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

I am the sex pest! My missus even has me saved in her phone as "sex pest" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I am the sex pest! My missus even has me saved in her phone as "sex pest" :D

Why does that not surprise me?

;)

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,927 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Yes, we had one lecherous old guy who worked in our office at one stage. God help you if you were anywhere near him if he had a few drinks on him.

I also worked in another place where the security guard told me I had great tits and that he'd love to cum in my hair. I was 19 at the time. I went straight to my manager and told him, more in shock than anything else. The guy was removed from the premises within the hour.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭badabing106

The oddest, yet most interesting aspect about chore sex guy is not the topics, it's how he distributes the topics amongst his various characters. His badabing has gone under the radar with mods for years, but check out that "threads started" list on his profile - sex, women, agrarian society.

The oddest thing is your obsession with chore sex guy. You keep bringing him up. I have nothing to do with him. I know of him obviously because he creates alot of threads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

They wont leave me alone......

65cac15847c195782ee218dd0ba51ce3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

Ride me sideways. That was another one.

The oddest thing is your obsession with chore sex guy. You keep bringing him up. I have nothing to do with him. I know of him obviously because he creates alot of threads.

The exact same topics as yours, sex, women, and hunter gatherers.

At least in that guise you concede you have OCD. In this one you get defensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

jackboy wrote: »
    A middle aged guy I work with gives the good looking girls back and neck massages without asking permission. The men at work can't figure out how he gets away with this. The women maintain that he is a lovely guy who means nothing by it. He is undoubtedly a pervert.

At a previous job there was a female middle aged manager who would give out unsolicited neck rubs and shoulder massages. She was phenomenally ugly so it was creepy and unwelcome.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭Autochange

I worked i the vatican for a summer. So yes I have

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

I've come across two in my time, a man and a woman. The woman was worse. Guy was your typical middle aged manager who was touchy-feely with the younger ladies in the department. The woman was a mare, very open about her sexual exploits with a certain male member of staff, a very senior manager in the company and she'd ask the more junior members of staff the most inappropriate questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Berserker wrote: »
    I've come across two in my time, a man and a woman. The woman was worse. Guy was your typical middle aged manager who was touchy-feely with the younger ladies in the department. The woman was a mare, very open about her sexual exploits with a certain male member of staff, a very senior manager in the company and she'd ask the more junior members of staff the most inappropriate questions.

600full-charles-hawtrey.jpg

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭badabing106

The exact same topics as yours, sex, women, and hunter gatherers.

At least in that guise you concede you have OCD. In this one you get defensive.
    When chore sex guy wrote a thread about the agricultural revolution, I found that interesting so I read a few more books. I agree with him. But I am not him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Had a guy who spent every minute of his AL in Thailand, it wasnt overtly said but it seemed it was for younger company...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donal55

Getting near the festive season and I'm looking forward to all those sex pests coming out.

#meestletoo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I haven't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,912 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

OP Do you mean to rats getting it on?
    Or hamsters?
    Or mice?

The title is a bit unclear :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

I'm a bartender so....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Luckily have never had any inappropriate touching or anything too sinister. I worked in football and some of the lads would make inappropriate comments, but not aimed at me or anyone present, more just sexual innuendo etc.

The only kinda inappropriate moment I encountered was when I met a fairly famous ex-football manager at an after match get together. He asked me if I always wore stockings and boots to football matches. I said no, then he leered down my top and smirked asking again if I always wore stockings and boots. Funny thing was they weren't stockings, they were tights, a long skirt and knee-high boots and had worn them because of the party afterwards.

I did sorta date one of the players though. Is that being a sex pest at work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

Worked in a call centre about 15 years ago and was training in this apparently very nice fella who’d just started. One day he doesn’t turn up and it turns out that he’d been in jail for rape (I think twice). Some of the girls got wind of it and reported him to HR.

Seemed a really nice, intelligent fella who wouldn’t have much trouble getting a woman. I was shocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Jaysus you are over obsessed

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

At a previous job there was a female middle aged manager who would give out unsolicited neck rubs and shoulder massages. She was phenomenally ugly so it was creepy and unwelcome.

Similar. At my very first job, there was a lift that litterally held two people. If Betty was waiting to use it, you'd take the stairs, otherwise she'd "accidentally" fall on you part way.

No biggee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

One of the senior management team at work has two nicknames, sex pest ****** and dirty ******. He exclusively talks to women and prefers the 18-30 year old variety. Always caught in photos with a strange smile, one hand around the girl to his left and the other on the girl's knee to his right.

He's been there 25 odd years...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,712 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

Witchie wrote: »
    Luckily have never had any inappropriate touching or anything too sinister. I worked in football and some of the lads would make inappropriate comments, but not aimed at me or anyone present, more just sexual innuendo etc.

The only kinda inappropriate moment I encountered was when I met a fairly famous ex-football manager at an after match get together. He asked me if I always wore stockings and boots to football matches. I said no, then he leered down my top and smirked asking again if I always wore stockings and boots. Funny thing was they weren't stockings, they were tights, a long skirt and knee-high boots and had worn them because of the party afterwards.

That depends on what "sorta date" means.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Got felt up once whilst working as a massage therapist. He left a tip...

just-the-tip.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,038 ✭✭✭circadian

Sounds like the second coming of Pol Pot.

Peregrinus wrote: »
    That depends on what "sorta date" means.

We became friends, kissed a few times and that was about it really despite rumours of more happening.

Jaysus you are over obsessed

Only pointing out the obvious.

Though it's amusing how he's slipped it by the mods for so long, who don't notice the "sex sex sex sex sex hunter gatherers and mental health sex sex sex sex sex hunter gatherers and mental health sex sex sex" pattern!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I married her to make it stop...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

Yes - none in my current job but a manager in my last who was incredibly inappropriate with me (and others) on various nights out.
    There was another guy there who could only be at social events once the boss was babysitting him as he was too much of a liability to be alone around young women when he had drink on him. Despite multiple complaints against him though, he's still working there, lots of creeps in that place now that I think about it but you just knew who to avoid on nights out, nobody was particularly bad during office hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,041 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Worked in a large call centre in Swords a few years ago.

During my four years there, two guys were sacked for sexual assault/harrassment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

1 in the 15 years in my current position, he’s not there anymore, and 1 in a place before that.

There’s 5 women where I work and over 30 men that amazingly manage to contain themselves from being inappropriate, lecherous scumbags.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Never actuley touching but years ago standing very close and in such a way that they could look down my top inappropriate and vulgar comments, more creepy that anything else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Does the ex manager do radio punditry now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

The very state of being a man and the inherent power and privilege imbalances relative to female colleagues means that in essence all men in the workplace are in a state of constant sexual violence against the women around them.

Does the ex manager do radio punditry now?

I refuse to say. But it was not Roddy Collins if you are thinking of him. He was always a perfect gentleman in my presence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,186 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I refuse to say. But it was not Roddy Collins if you are thinking of him. He was always a perfect gentleman in my presence.

No not roddy... I don't even have much interest in soccer but I keep hearing the same name over and over from women under 30

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Some of the lads would massage my back after I had an accident. I didn't mind, they were just being friendly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Yep, a guy in his 40's had multiple complaints against him for repeatedly harassing various women in the office, all pretty much fresh out of college. Constantly at their desks, instant messaging and asking them to go for coffee over and over again. Was also partial to wearing offensive t-shirts on casual days.

He didn't drink, and drove to the Christmas party. Late on, I was drinking at the bar with some of the staff, and he came up and randomly pulled me aside to me to tell me that I didn't need to hang around. He would make sure 'the girls would get home safe.' Bizarre and creepy comment aside, not a chance any of them would have gotten into the car with him.

Thing is, none of the women followed through with their complaints as they didn't want to make a fuss. But fortunately he was so sh!t at his job that he was let go anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement