Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelled order didn't get cancelled.

Options
  • 31-10-2017 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hello.

I placed an order from a Chinese online store.
    I paid with paypal.

About 12 hours later I cancelled my order through their web chat as I found the same item cheaper elsewhere.
    My cancellation request was accepted and I was told I would receive a refund within 48 hours.

About 36 hours after my cancellation, I got an email from the above store notifying me of my order being dispatched.

I submitted a ticket immediately. It was obvious from their replies that my cancellation request was not noted on their system.
    They asked me to send them a copy of the transcript.
    After I sent them the proof, they offered me a $20 worth store credit as a resolution which I have not yet accepted.

My question is, am I entitled to the promised refund now? It would take a couple of months before they refund me if I must wait for the item to be delivered, return it, and wait another while for them to receive it. I will also need to pay about €50 for the customs.

I feel that since they accepted my cancellation request, they can not force me to wait for months for the refund as it was their error.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,089 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Open a PayPal dispute. All correspondence should go through PayPal resolution centre

• Registered Users Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

Which store was it, how do you know you'll have to pay customs? It's their fault they shipped after cancellation anyway. Open a dispute with PayPal and include the cancellation confirmation evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 happythought

Thank you for your replies.
    Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Open a PayPal dispute. All correspondence should go through PayPal resolution centre
    tedpan wrote: »
    Open a dispute with PayPal and include the cancellation confirmation evidence.

I will open a paypal dispute.

tedpan wrote: »
    Which store was it, how do you know you'll have to pay customs?

It was GearBest. I buy cheap gadgets from China quite often and always get caught for customs. I think I am one of the unlucky ones.

Advertisement