Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Apple Keychain" locked out - Asking to call Support

Options
  • 01-11-2017 12:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,868 ✭✭✭

Hi - Soo - I entered my "Apple Keychain" password too many times (about 5 times?) and its locked - it says to arrange a call with Apple Support for help and they can give me a few more shots...

Phone is over 1 year old. This is NOT the phone password or Cloud ID/Apple store password - its the "Apple Keychain" password.

So would anyone know what exactly this keychain does - my questions:
    1. Does apple support cost anything/much before I call them?

2. What exactly is it for and Do i need it - I know it includes Safari passwords and credit cards- but I use chrome and dont have any credit cards stored in my phone...

I see I can just delete the keychain and create a new one - but what will I loose by doing this?

Thanks all...

“Roll it back”

Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭server down

ozmo wrote: »
    Hi - Soo - I entered my "Apple Keychain" password too many times (about 5 times?) and its locked - it says to arrange a call with Apple Support for help and they can give me a few more shots...

Phone is over 1 year old. This is NOT the phone password or Cloud ID/Apple store password - its the "Apple Keychain" password.

So would anyone know what exactly this keychain does - my questions:
    1. Does apple support cost anything/much before I call them?

2. What exactly is it for and Do i need it - I know it includes Safari passwords and credit cards- but I use chrome and dont have any credit cards stored in my phone...

I see I can just delete the keychain and create a new one - but what will I loose by doing this?

Thanks all...

In general the keychain is the same as the login password. Would be a bit odd to go out of sequence although I have seen it on the Mac when I changed a login password. Keychain keeps your passwords. If you aren’t using it it’s ok to delete it.

Advertisement