Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Topic close

Options
  • 01-11-2017 7:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Thanks for any inside on my issue

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You can call down to their premises in Little Island. Unusual for them to lose packages, especially as it is such a small depot.
    If you google UPS Cork it should give you a number, but a personal visit may speed things up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Old39

whiterebel wrote: »
    You can call down to their premises in Little Island. Unusual for them to lose packages, especially as it is such a small depot.
    If you google UPS Cork it should give you a number, but a personal visit may speed things up.

I have tried to find local contact number to call them directly but unfortunately there is only one global number serving UPS Ireland customer service line .I am from Dublin and wonder if taking day off and visit them personally would speed up process as UPS customer service is useless.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Old39 wrote: »
    I have tried to find local contact number to call them directly but unfortunately there is only one global number serving UPS Ireland customer service line .I am from Dublin and wonder if taking day off and visit them personally would speed up process as UPS customer service is useless.

If it was me, I would. I used to have a local number, but they have changed it over to the global system as you say.

See if you can find a number for the Head Office in Finglas. They have an investigations and security manager there, he should get cracking on it. Tell them theres a big insurance claim going on it if they don't find it. I can't for the life of me figure out they they shipped an export to Canada from Dublin to Cork.......:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

whiterebel wrote: »
    Tell them theres a big insurance claim going on it if they don't find it.

Please don't say that. It will sound stupid - it's almost as bad as saying "I'm going to call Joe Duffy" - You'll suddenly find that they will become even slower to respond.

Be nice, be pleasant, have the guy/girl WANT to help you because you are pleasant to talk to.

Works every time in every situation.

Start shouting and screaming and threatening and it will get you nowhere fast - in every situation

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Old39

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Please don't say that. It will sound stupid - it's almost as bad as saying "I'm going to call Joe Duffy" - You'll suddenly find that they will become even slower to respond.

Be nice, be pleasant, have the guy/girl WANT to help you because you are pleasant to talk to.

Works every time in every situation.

Start shouting and screaming and threatening and it will get you nowhere fast - in every situation

Many thanks for your replies to my query after two weeks hours spent on phone all of sudden this package appears on there system again as held in warehouse pending custom clearance which is basically what I have expected as additional paper work was required -commercial invoice submission even though I am private person.What struck me the most is lack of knowledge people working for customer service as I was nice to them on every single call and via mail channels .Is what I can't understand why despite numerous calls and promises made to look after issue with relevant department it was me making all the calls and sending numerous mail to explore best option to find out about parcel whereabouts as they didn't try to acknowledge me for more than 14 days something is wrong or take some effort to try locate package as case was clear for me.

Thanks to all and regards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Closing this topic as the OP has removed their first post.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement