Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My experience with cryptocurrency as a complete n00b

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 efk1

I’m with coinbase but it won’t allow our debit cards because it 3D secured, also tried it with a pre payed card like swirl, they won’t allow it either. That was my plan buy bitcoin from coinbase and then buy ripple from gate hub

Trying to buy on Coinbase with a debit card. Bank says they're not blocking. Am I just to accept Coinbase won't accept but Kraken will?

Also found tips from Chris Dunn on youtube genuine and useful

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Bought last night with a debit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭august12

efk1 wrote:
    Trying to buy on Coinbase with a debit card. Bank says they're not blocking. Am I just to accept Coinbase won't accept but Kraken will?

I used a credit card yesterday and worked fine

Thanks

I'm using an AIB Debit card with postcode set at 000?

Getting an AIB sms with verification code to input, input it and it says error then from coinbase

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

efk1 wrote: »

Also found tips from Chris Dunn on youtube genuine and useful

Tried this morning and again just now and I still can't buy anything. It keeps saying I've too many transactions today.

• Advertisement

canonball5 wrote: »
    Tried this morning and again just now and I still can't buy anything. It keeps saying I've too many transactions today.

ok it was my first purchase so will try again when system allows

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭canonball5

ok it was my first purchase so will try again when system allows

Should have added, I bought Litecoin last night with no issue and wasn't able to purchase Bitcoin or Ether today. Definitely an issue at their end.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

canonball5 wrote: »
    wasn't able to purchase Bitcoin or Ether today. Definitely an issue at their end.
    Dodged that bullet, didn't you!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Thanks

I'm using an AIB Debit card with postcode set at 000?

Getting an AIB sms with verification code to input, input it and it says error then from coinbase

I used my tsb debit card last week no problem.
    Today I had to go through the sales process 3 times to get it to work.

I was on the phone to my bank during one of them and they stated they were not blocking the purchase at all.

Might just be Traffic through CB site.

super. I'll have to be patient so !!

• Advertisement
Advertisement