Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart Dimmer

Options
  • 01-11-2017 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭

I am just about to start wiring my house and my plan is to wire every switch in the house as a smart dimmer.

I am wondering is there any smart dimmer on the market for the Irish 240v system?

The exact switch id like is this: http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F7C059/
    however its 100v only.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Well if you are wiring your home from scratch, then you should make sure that each light switch has a neutral wire at the switch, most Irish homes don't have this and it limits options.

If you don't have Neutral, then your options are Xiaomi switches or LightwaveRF switches. In particular the lightwaveRF gear is made specifically for the UK/Ireland market, though it is expensive.

Another option is not to bother and just go with Philips Hue and their wireless dimmers instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

bk wrote: »
    Well if you are wiring your home from scratch, then you should make sure that each light switch has a neutral wire at the switch, most Irish homes don't have this and it limits options.

If you don't have Neutral, then your options are Xiaomi switches or LightwaveRF switches. In particular the lightwaveRF gear is made specifically for the UK/Ireland market, though it is expensive.

Another option is not to bother and just go with Philips Hue and their wireless dimmers instead.

Ill be bringing a neutral wire to each dimmer location.

Advertisement