Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New homes

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭drake70

On Sherlock's Lane behind Beachdale. Across from Woodstock

Here is the website - http://www.ternlee.ie/

Don't be fooled by the photographs. None of them are of Kilcoole

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

315 sounds cheap for a 3 bed in kilcoole. look on Daft or myhome at the moment and the cheapest 3 bed is 370K in holywell

• Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

heroics wrote: »
    315 sounds cheap for a 3 bed in kilcoole. look on Daft or myhome at the moment and the cheapest 3 bed is 370K in holywell

That is my point 315k is a lot lower that even a second hand house in Kilcoole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭goose banker

Hope the developer doesn't read this thread and knock the prices up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

Hope the developer doesn't read this thread and knock the prices up.

I doubt they are depending on a internet site to set prices, probable to do with the amount of new developments around more that anything else and it did say from 315k

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

there'll probably be one house for 315K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭goose banker

I asked Sherryfitz New Homes a while back about the potential prices (before the €315k got posted up last week) and they said it was up to the developer to inform them of the prices and they'd price them accordingly with the market at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 BettyRB

Anyone know anymore about this development? I saw its in partnership with NAMA, hence the low pricing I presume. I'm not expecting the highest quality and but the price is good.

BettyRB wrote: »
    Anyone know anymore about this development? I saw its in partnership with NAMA, hence the low pricing I presume. I'm not expecting the highest quality and but the price is good.

A friend who lives in Woodstock told me this morning that they have started the groundwork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

BettyRB wrote: »

I saw the NAMA link to Waverly somewhere but not for Ternlee. Could you point me to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Knowitall82

KiloDelta wrote: »
    I saw the NAMA link to Waverly somewhere but not for Ternlee. Could you point me to that?

They are the the same builders Newlyn not sure about nama in Ternlee but apparently nama involved in land ownership in waverly if same build quality and workmanship as waverly then a bargain at €315k.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

NAMA mentioned on the sign at the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭KiloDelta

What sort of figures did the Waverly 3 & 4 beds go for?

KiloDelta wrote: »
    What sort of figures did the Waverly 3 & 4 beds go for?

€405k - €495k. They had multiple configurations of the 3 beds and 4beds afaik.

This was the phase there just before Christmas so previous phases may have been cheaper.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Houses in Kilcoole will not achieve Greystones prices (when comparing like for like houses). This is not intended to be a disparaging remark, it’s a simple fact.

2011 wrote: »
    Houses in Kilcoole will not achieve Greystones prices (when comparing like for like houses). This is not intended to be a disparaging remark, it’s a simple fact.

Of course. You’re paying 100k for the location basically. Move 10 minutes down the road vs 100k no brained for most.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Of course. You’re paying 100k for the location basically. Move 10 minutes down the road vs 100k no brained for most.

Yes, but some get upset by remarks like that. As it happens I think there are a lot of great places to live in Kilcoole.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭frefrefre

2011 wrote: »

I'm not from the area. Would there be a lot of snobbery whereby people from Greystones wouldn't buy in Kilcoole/Newtown? Maybe snobbery is too strong a word!

Due to be released next month I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,928 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

frefrefre wrote: »
    I'm not from the area. Would there be a lot of snobbery whereby people from Greystones wouldn't buy in Kilcoole/Newtown? Maybe snobbery is too strong a word!

20 years ago maybe, not so much today - Greystones has better facilities and transport (though it would probably take as long to get to the Dart station from some of the new Greystones estates as it does from Kilcoole) but Kilcoole and Newtown are fine, and more affordable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭frefrefre

loyatemu wrote: »
    20 years ago maybe, not so much today - Greystones has better facilities and transport (though it would probably take as long to get to the Dart station from some of the new Greystones estates as it does from Kilcoole) but Kilcoole and Newtown are fine, and more affordable.

Cheers for your reply. I think Wicklow is lovely and would prefer to move down there than go out to Kildare or up to Louth. Going to try make it happen around north or central Wicklow this year, somewhere off the N11.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 JC1888

Has anyone heard of a release date for Ternlee? Sherry Fitz are saying they have no info as house plans are not done. We are very interested.

Advertisement