Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Ads 2017

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

leahyl wrote: »
    Is that really going to happen though? If so, then it’s utterly ridiculous

I really hope it doesn’t.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,871 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Only getting around to watching the M&S and Aldi ads now.

I love Kevin’s line I think I just pee’d myself :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Loughc wrote:
    That law only came into effect this year.

But what I'm saying is, and perhaps I'm mistaken, that law only affects Irish channels, no?

But what I'm saying is, and perhaps I'm mistaken, that law only affects Irish channels, no?

Ah yes!! I think you’re right :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

Loughc wrote: »
    Only getting around to watching the M&S and Aldi ads now.

I love Kevin’s line I think I just pee’d myself :D

I peed myself laughing at it :pac: hope they bring out a Kevin and Kate teddy this year lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

I am LOVING the christmas ad for thr range .. cmon now we all have neighbours like that :pac: I love how funny yet brutally honest it is :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I've just watched all the links so far.....

I love the Very one.....followed closely by Aldi & M&S

Tesco one is very funny......so realistic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

So This Morning had Rylan on this morning talking about the M&S ad - the bit where Paddington hands the sandwich to 'Santa' and he apparently says thank you. It didn't sound like thank you and they were cracking up laughing on This Morning - I must be hard of hearing as I obviously couldn't hear what they were hearing, and they didn't say what it was either. Can anyone shed any light on it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,374 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Loughc wrote: »
    Ah yes!! I think you’re right :D

Heard on the radio this morning on the way to work that that law is being discussed in the seanad today & if delayed again wont come into effect for this year, so we may see the advert on Irish channels yet.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭pigtail33

Ghekko wrote: »
    So This Morning had Rylan on this morning talking about the M&S ad - the bit where Paddington hands the sandwich to 'Santa' and he apparently says thank you. It didn't sound like thank you and they were cracking up laughing on This Morning - I must be hard of hearing as I obviously couldn't hear what they were hearing, and they didn't say what it was either. Can anyone shed any light on it?

Article on the Indo about it. Defo wouldn't have heard in unless it was pointed out though.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/television/tv-news/some-ms-christmas-ad-viewers-think-the-burglar-swears-at-paddington-bear-36300881.html

• Advertisement

pigtail33 wrote: »

Thanks for that. Figured it had to be rude

pigtail33 wrote: »

Yea it still sounds like "Thank You" to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭OUTDOORLASS

I saw the Paddington Bear Ad on here, and I heard the item on This Morning about the Thank you Bear part. They
    replayed it several times, and I kept asking myself what they were laughing at. They were hysterical laughing.
    I could.nt hear what they were hearing.... Thanks Ghekko....I thought it was just me......

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,613 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I don't hear anything rude sounding in the M&S advert. I'm unsure of the ad though- being centered around a burglar who is stealing Christmas presents on Christmas eve. Hmmm.

Posy wrote: »
    I don't hear anything rude sounding in the M&S advert. I'm unsure of the ad though- being centered around a burglar who is stealing Christmas presents on Christmas eve. Hmmm.

Having read what others hear (f* *k you) it's all I can hear now :eek:

Ghekko wrote: »
    Having read what others hear (f* *k you) it's all I can hear now :eek:

Same. I didn't notice at all. I heard thank you. Until I read that article and now I can't unhear **** you. Oh no, it's my favourite ad so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭French_Girl

Just watched Aldi ad.

I loved Kevin last year, thought he was very cute and now he's got a new friend, it might be even better.

Also, the way that ad ends, tells me there's a lot more to come from Aldi.
    I'd say if the story continues well, this could easily become one of the absolute favourites this year.

#KevinAndKatie

I quite like the sky cinema one.

https://youtu.be/LXYV5CzdOiI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The Sky Cinema one is gorgeous. We all have films we watch year after year and it really captures that. Must watch The Sound of Music soon.

I really love the Very ad. Between that cuteness and the fact that my company won an award sponsored by them this year they're my new favourite company! If you're buying clothes on Littlewoods it's worth checking very.co.uk out first as often they have the same item at a cheaper price. I saw that on a TV show earlier this year.

The Sky Cinema one is gorgeous. We all have films we watch year after year and it really captures that. Must watch The Sound of Music soon.

Also an awful lot of us have family abroad these days that we're just praying make it home for Christmas

• Advertisement

Also an awful lot of us have family abroad these days that we're just praying make it home for Christmas

Absolutely. This is my brother's first year abroad and he isn't coming home. I'll keep the fingers crossed that he's planning a surprise!

Absolutely. This is my brother's first year abroad and he isn't coming home. I'll keep the fingers crossed that he's planning a surprise!

Yeah it's not looking like my sister will make it home either. I'll keep my fingers crossed for them both!

The Sky Cinema one is lovely. It certainly hit the sentimental spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Jude13

The sky one is great alright, think this will be my 9th Christmas since I left Ireland. I remember my mum was convinced that I was kidding that I was working over Christmas and I was going to surprise her on Christmas day. Skype was the best I could do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭CheerLouth

Love the Sky One, the Aldi one & is it the Debenhams one that is the cinderella-esk one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,374 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Just saw the Sky one there now.... love it. Kinda reminds me of one froma few years back which followed a family through th christmas ages as well, with the dad watching his family grow up... bulling I cant remember what it was for now *

Saw the Kevin the carrot one on TV last night 'I pea'd myself' & thought it was great too... looking forward to loads more in the next few weeks.

* Found it, was the Tesco 2013 one. One of the greats IMO. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=18&v=7_4AOpcBwZ4
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I quite like the sky cinema one.

https://youtu.be/LXYV5CzdOiI

That's very well done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

And here it is...

John Lewis Christmas Ad 2017!
    https://youtu.be/Jw1Y-zhQURU

I have to say, the John Lewis ad doesn’t really do it for me this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 278 ✭✭Westeros

I have to say, the John Lewis ad doesn’t really do it for me this year.

I thought that too. It seems to lack the emotion and magic of other years.

Advertisement