Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Swollen Battery Disposal

Options
  • 01-11-2017 3:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭

I have a Samsung S3 battery that's swollen to nearly double size. How should I dispose of it safely? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Once its not ruptured any WEEE location should recycle it.

You can ask them to confirm:> http://weee.ie/?page_id=146

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If you need to dispose council recycling facility will take.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Id place it on a bit of concrete, short the contacts and run. But thats just me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

Thanks for the replies. At the moment it's in the shed in a plastic tub, don't know whether it's safe or not. I'm quite nervous of it tbh, since you read such dire warnings and horror stories if you google swollen batteries.

I don't think it's ruptured but how would I know? I see on the council advice page that retailers don't have to accept damaged batteries under WEEE so not sure about just showing up at Carphone Warehouse or similar.

To get to a council facility I'll have to get two buses but may be the only option.

I'm not sure whether this is something I need to sort out urgently or can be ignored.

Advertisement