Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone X order

Options
  • 01-11-2017 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭

Hi I ordered iPhone X last Friday but have yet to hear anything about shipping info. I sent my proof of address last Friday and ID also in em,ail and heard nothing. I rang customer care, 3 dif departments couldnt help me then and had no info on who to contact about online orders, EUR650 its costing me but zero info. Any help? I can DM order no

Kevin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

easyvision wrote: »
    Hi I ordered iPhone X last Friday but have yet to hear anything about shipping info. I sent my proof of address last Friday and ID also in em,ail and heard nothing. I rang customer care, 3 dif departments couldnt help me then and had no info on who to contact about online orders, EUR650 its costing me but zero info. Any help? I can DM order no

Kevin
    Hi Kevin

Thanks for getting in touch. Kyle has received your PM, he'll respond to it shortly.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭easyvision

eir: Adam wrote: »

Kevin
    Hi Kevin

Thanks for getting in touch. Kyle has received your PM, he'll respond to it shortly.

- Adam
    Thanks Adam :)

Kevin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Kevin
    Hi Kevin

- Adam

Kevin
    Hi there Kevin

All sorted now for you so it's just the email you're waiting on.  If you don't receive this today, let me know and I'll follow up again.  Just make sure to check your spam mail, just in case

-Kyle

Thanks Kyle for your help :)

Fast response and action, faster than a phone call for sure!
    Kevin
    eir: Kyle wrote: »

Kevin
    Hi Kevin

- Adam

Kevin
    Hi there Kevin

All sorted now for you so it's just the email you're waiting on.  If you don't receive this today, let me know and I'll follow up again.  Just make sure to check your spam mail, just in case

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jamesoc85

I have exactly the same issue. After an hour on the phone yesterday with Eir. I was told to wait for an email to confirm the order. And then that I would receive a night line text message on Thursday for delivery of the phone on Friday.

• Advertisement

jamesoc85 wrote: »
    I have exactly the same issue. After an hour on the phone yesterday with Eir. I was told to wait for an email to confirm the order. And then that I would receive a night line text message on Thursday for delivery of the phone on Friday.
    I think orders are just not being processed, maybe due to volumes I dunno! I didn't get my email confirming anything tho, will PM again :( tho Kyle was really helpful yesterday :) 

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cian20002q

Hi Adam and kyle, I have the same problem with my iPhone x order, no dispatch email or test as of yet! Can you fix this?

Received an email saying there may be a delay due to bank holiday. Don't look like Ill get the phone tomorrow :( I saw someone in a dif thread got a dispatch email from eir apparently tho

Kevin

Delay due to the bank holiday, that’s one hell of a line

Delay due to the bank holiday, that’s one hell of a line
    Me thinks its more lack of organization! :(

• Advertisement

Got my dispatch text and email now, confirmed for tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Still waiting 😭

Bazsutto wrote: »
    Still waiting 😭
    Hi,

I have received your PM. I'll respond through PM's with an update.

- adam

Cian20002q wrote: »
    Hi Adam and kyle, I have the same problem with my iPhone x order, no dispatch email or test as of yet! Can you fix this?
    Hi there,

I have responded to your PM.

- Adam

I’m still waiting for an update €799 on a phone and not one person can explain whats going on. I’ve spend two hours on the phone today and nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Bazsutto

Very poor communication. Couldn’t even get a reply off the reps on here. Rang today and told it’s down for dispatch for today and will receive it on Monday. But as of yet, no emails or texts about the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 stevemck2

Exact same issue. Ordered iPhone x at 9:01 Friday 27th November. No confirmation email and unable to talk to any one in support who could help. Was on phone for 3 hours yesterday. 

@Adam ;
    @Klye

Anything you guys can do to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Ingrid7

I'm the same (it's not Iphone X tho...).
    Ordered my phone 5 days ago, no confirmation, no phone, no money..

I’m still waiting for an update €799 on a phone and not one person can explain whats going on. I’ve spend two hours on the phone today and nothing.
    Hi,

I responded to your PM this morning.

- Adam

Bazsutto wrote: »
    Very poor communication. Couldn’t even get a reply off the reps on here. Rang today and told it’s down for dispatch for today and will receive it on Monday.  But as of yet, no emails or texts about the order.
    Hi,

I have responded to your Pm.

- Adam

• Advertisement

Ingrid7 wrote: »
    I'm the same (it's not Iphone X tho...).
    Ordered my phone 5 days ago, no confirmation, no phone, no money..
    I have responded to your latest PM about this.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

stevemck2 wrote: »
    Exact same issue. Ordered iPhone x at 9:01 Friday 27th November. No confirmation email and unable to talk to any one in support who could help. Was on phone for 3 hours yesterday. 

@Adam ;
    @Klye

Anything you guys can do to help?
    Maybe your time machine isn't working correctly? 

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭R777B

I assume no one has gotten a phone yet? Or even anything from nightline? 

I got my phone at 9.15pm on Friday! after saying it was coming in the morning, then afternoon then got a text at 8pm (after I gave up hope) that it would be delivered between 7-9pm, so I rushed home from restaurant and 10 min later I got the phone, interestingly it had a do not deliver before 8am sticker on it, so I think it got thrown into the van for afternoon delivery and I was probably one of the later ones :(, I got it still, though I think only due to me getting in contact here, if I did nothing, I don't think Id have the phone now!

Kevin

I got my phone at 9.15pm on Friday! after saying it was coming in the morning, then afternoon then got a text at 8pm (after I gave up hope) that it would be delivered between 7-9pm, so I rushed home from restaurant and 10 min later I got the phone, interestingly it had a do not deliver before 8am sticker on it, so I think it got thrown into the van for afternoon delivery and I was probably one of the later ones :(, I got it still, though I think only due to me getting in contact here, if I did nothing, I don't think Id have the phone now!

Kevin

Ah, lucky. I've had no such luck! How long before the delievery did you get a text from nightline with your tracking info? 

Was literally the night before saying tomorrow and then to be followed with a 2 hour window period, received the text of 2 hour window period 1 hour into it! at 8pm (scheduled 7-9pm delivery).

I think I would not have my phone tbh if I didn't contact here! I think the orders have to be processed by a team, but was only processed after me asking here. I would advise to PM one of the guys here and they contact the processing team, only way its probably going to be sped up, I ordered mine 27th Nov at 9.09am though and wasn't processed until Thursday 2nd here.

Kevin

thanks, I dont think I'll have as much luck. I must've spoke to about 30 people since last Wednesday, I've send several complaints, talked to people on boards, and twitter, and still I am at a loss with loooooooads of issues. 

Fully in the mind of cancelling all my contracts with eir and going elsewhere. Even getting to someone to discuss cancelling your account is a headache. 

Was literally the night before saying tomorrow and then to be followed with a 2 hour window period, received the text of 2 hour window period 1 hour into it! at 8pm (scheduled 7-9pm delivery).

I think I would not have my phone tbh if I didn't contact here! I think the orders have to be processed by a team, but was only processed after me asking here. I would advise to PM one of the guys here and they contact the processing team, only way its probably going to be sped up, I ordered mine 27th Nov at 9.09am though and wasn't processed until Thursday 2nd here.

Kevin

I know I was the same as you until Adam/Kyle seemed to sort it here. Its just a communication problem, even an email to let you know your order is in a queue etc, peace of mind, zero info is completely frustrating. You would think with a launch with a new phone, the most popular this year probably, they would have better communication, but its Ireland, so nothing will change, ever, no matter how many complaints they get etc. Outsourcing does not work as 99% the agents in god knows are totally useless and type/talk off a pre done script so you might as well stare at a wall, the same with most communication companies tho, so not matter who you switch to its always the same, only 3 main phone companies, they have it sewn up, nothing will change unfortunately. 

Kevin

I know I was the same as you until Adam/Kyle seemed to sort it here. Its just a communication problem, even an email to let you know your order is in a queue etc, peace of mind, zero info is completely frustrating. You would think with a launch with a new phone, the most popular this year probably, they would have better communication, but its Ireland, so nothing will change, ever, no matter how many complaints they get etc. Outsourcing does not work as 99% the agents in god knows are totally useless and type/talk off a pre done script so you might as well stare at a wall, the same with most communication companies tho, so not matter who you switch to its always the same, only 3 main phone companies, they have it sewn up, nothing will change unfortunately. 

Kevin
    You're completely right, there seems to be little care at all for customer service at Eir, which sounds so cliché, but it's true. 

Either way I think I am on my way out, regardless of where this phone is. 

Enjoy the phone anyway! 

• Advertisement

Will do, Ive heard horror stories about 3 and iPhone releases though too, weeks to wait after orders being placed, and this is going back years not just iPhone X, every iPhone release. Vodafone do seems quite on teh ball regarding deliveries, they were guaranteeing delivery on Friday with all orders placed up til 1pm last Thursday which seemed very good. My friend received his promptly Friday morning no issues. Seemed to be well planned out! They also did a order and collect in store service which really seemed planned out. Its funny for communication companies, they don't seem to be too well up to date with online ordering and processing!

Kevin

Advertisement